• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

MMaRsu

Tokubetsu said:
Hey MMaRsu, when are you getting the game so I can tell you how you're an awful person?

Hey dude I'm not getting it so play some Reach with me someday so I don't feel so alone.

Ikuu said:
Game is running like shit for me, especially for how it looks.

Q6600@3.2GHz, 4850, 4GB

Edit: It's pretty much unplayable like this.

Fuck I'm on an e8400 and 4850... guess it's time for an upgrade.

Edit: Wait a sec how are you playing it on PC yet?

Are people honestly shocked the PC version has issues?

It's very clear that in this generation, especially with AAA titles like this, the console version gets more priority in development than the PC.

MMaRsu

brain_stew said:
Don't start this shit. Seriously.

What????? I see you talking all the time about PC being the superior platform. Now he's just making a joke and you can't take it?

AnEternalEnigma said:
Are people honestly shocked the PC version has issues?

It's very clear that in this generation, especially with AAA titles like this, the console version gets more priority in development than the PC.

nah this seems to be a Treyarch specific issue. No one should need to upgrade it seems to run like crap on all configs. This is just a huge miss on their part.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Turned everything down to low and still stuttering, hopefully they fix it soon.

Maffis

Ikuu said:

Q6600@3.2GHz, 4850, 4GB

Same for me. And for many others. I also have identical stats to you.

The Chef

darksunpr said:
FFFFFUUUUUUUUU my xbox just rrod >.<, i turned it back on and its working again, I hope it keeps working or no cod for me ...

This always happens to someone day before release I swear :lol
But sorry about your xbox...that sucks.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Stuttering on all levels is reassuring because it's clearly a bug where as just the high textures stuttering would have made me feel sad about the 460 I recently bought.

Maffis

I tried forcing steam to shutdown while facing bots and IMo it felt like it really got alot better. There were still stuttering, but the framerate felt acceptable. Maybe it was just the map, summit :p

Yerolo

Ikuu said:

Q6600@3.2GHz, 4850, 4GB

At what settings ? I have a much slower machine than you (ie AMD2 64 4600+, 9800gt, 4Gb)...I was expecting to have to lower the detail settings alot to get it playable. I was hoping it would run on a par with MW2, as I could play that no worries

If anyone happens to be doing the midnight thing at the gamestop in miami, fl at 163rd st mall holler at me. I'll be the dude with the sweater vest .

TheExodu5

Banned
Ikuu said:
It's not map related, getting stuttering on the create a class screen.

Is there by chance a dual video card option? Try turning it on or off. CoD4 had issues with it off, even on single GPU systems.

Could also be driver related. My 7950GT had major stuttering issues with CoD4, even though it was reporting a locked 60fps.

JdFoX187

Banned
It's somewhat sad, I'm nowhere near as hyped for Black Ops as previous Call of Dutys, despite it appearing to be the best game since Modern Warfare. Though, I'm always a whore for these, and will get them as long as they have addicting multiplayer. Should provide a decent break with Reach.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Wait, so there were abysmal spawns in WaW, but got patched later on, yet the same issue is rising up in Black Ops? And there's a CP glitch in Black Ops even though MW2 had the same glitch and got it patched later on?

You'd think they'd carry over their improved code to the new game, but having the same issues/glitches appear in the newest game even though they've been dealt with in the previous games is pretty freakin' hilarious. :lol

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
It might be an issue with the MP.exe, I just tried a solo Zombie map for a few minutes at max settings with no stutter.

Domino Theory said:
Wait, so there were abysmal spawns in WaW, but got patched later on, yet the same issue is rising up in Black Ops? And there's a CP glitch in Black Ops even though MW2 had the same glitch and got it patched later on?

You'd think they'd carry over their improved code to the new game, but having the same issues/glitches appear in the newest game even though they've been dealt with in the previous games is pretty freakin' hilarious. :lol
The CP glitch in Black Ops is done by a different method, it seems.

AK74u is a real beast, give it grip and you can use it like a rifle no problem.

Seems all the better players are slowly appearing, my awesome killstreaks are dropping fast and i'm only hitting 1-2 kills per life now, boo :(

Top Bottom