• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

I am studying so hardcore to be able to play this tonight/some tomorrow.

I wanted that Kmart deal but no midnight opening = Best Buy it is.

MMaRsu

TEH-CJ said:
holy shit the campaign is an ugly convoluted mess . fucking horrible. haven't tried mp yet.

How so? Do tell

Neuromancer said:
I agree, at this point they should just say, fuck it!

Are you being sarcastic? I mean what the hell is the point of a review embargo if anyone can just buy the game right now? I REALLY don't see the point honestly.

Why would you not want people to be able to read a review about your game then go and purchase it the next day? Why would you wait till the game is out?

Unless your game is shit, which is debatable ofcourse.

Strider2K99 said:
Not that I have anything against Ice Cube, but I kind of liked the original SOG faction voice. Oh well.
Ice Cube? THAT'S RACIST. Seriously though I think you mean Ice-T. Or is Ice Cube doing a voice as well that I didn't know about?! Is black ops the most gangsta game ever?

Loxley

Stantron said:
divisionbyzorro
Banned
(Today, 02:14 PM)

Da hell?! Did I miss something? Just noticed from browsing the OP.

Weird, his last post is on page 60...'the hell did he get banned for? :(

Finally back home with a copy of fucking Black Ops. Worst pre-release line ever. :lol

Fuck you Activision for delaying your shipments!!

what is the word on the MP map design?

Good, easy to understand layouts with good flow? (CoD4 style)

or...convoluted designs with no rhyme or reason to the placement of rooms?

ZZMitch

I hope the stuttering on PC isnt too much of an issue. I spent most of my damn money building this PC, I only have the money for a few games this year, I hope this one isnt a dud! :D

ZeroRay

Nardonicus said:
what is the word on the MP map design?

Good, easy to understand layouts with good flow? (CoD4 style)

or...convoluted designs with no rhyme or reason to the placement of rooms?

Can't say this early.

I remember many people actually preferred the layouts of the MW2 maps the first week of release. :lol

brain_stew said:
Why is that funny exactly? I've always hated that stupid shit and spoke out about it many times.

people seem to confuse truth with trolling sometimes.

Man I hope Treyarch patches this shit before 10am tommrow. How can you fuck up like this?

MMaRsu

brain_stew said:
Why is that funny exactly? I've always hated that stupid shit and spoke out about it many times.

Because you're always going on about people should buy games on PC instead of consoles? Putting down console versions of games just cause you have a better pc version.

MMaRsu said:
Because you're always going on about people should buy games on PC instead of consoles? Putting down console versions of games just cause you have a better pc version.

but it has been the truth most of the time has it not? this is the one case where pc got screwed until the patch and then it will be truth again.

ZZMitch

MMaRsu said:

So what's the debate? PC versions of games are superior to console versions of games, no real argument there...

Xux

Paid my shit off and now have to wait less than seven hours. :/

Oh well, found the link to link my YouTube account to my My Theater so it's all good.

I NEED SCISSORS said:
Game is running like shit on my PC. Frequent drops down to just 20fps. Must be bugged or something.

what kinda hardware? (wondering if it's maybe related to specifically nvidia or ati)

MMaRsu

Kabuki Waq said:
but it has been the truth most of the time has it not? this is the one case where pc got screwed until the patch and then it will be truth again.

Yes it is the truth most of the times, but shitting on console versions when you as a console player only have a console it's annoying.

ZZMitch

I NEED SCISSORS said:
Game is running like shit on my PC. Frequent drops down to just 20fps. Must be bugged or something.

Treyarch went into the future and captured the engine from the yet seen Cyrsis 3.

When does the Steam version unlock in the US?

Also, why does Ice-T sit so far away from his TV? There's a perfectly good couch much closer that he's sitting way behind!

MikeE21286 said:
what kinda hardware? (wondering if it's maybe related to specifically nvidia or ati)

Ati 4890
4GB RAM
Phenom II X2 550 @ 3.1GHz

I've been able to run every COD fine at locked 1080p60.

Seems to be CPU related imo as it's hogging over 90% of my CPU according to task manager.

DrBo42

I NEED SCISSORS said:

Shit, really? The only reason I bought this was to lessen the boredom while I wait for Brotherhood. Now I gotta deal with shit performance on PC? Fuck me. :lol

I NEED SCISSORS said:
Ati 4890
4GB RAM
Phenom II X2 550 @ 3.1GHz

I've been able to run every COD fine at locked 1080p60.

Seems to be CPU related imo as it's hogging over 90% of my CPU according to task manager.

hmm...poster on previous page gad a 4870 I think. he had a q6600@ 3.2

will need more evidence, but this is kinda disheartening

Top Bottom