• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

Gary Whitta said:
When does the Steam version unlock in the US?

Also, why does Ice-T sit so far away from his TV? There's a perfectly good couch much closer that he's sitting way behind!
white people play like this

black people play like this

Nabs

Gary Whitta said:
When does the Steam version unlock in the US?
What I'm reading:
I think 9am pst (somewhere around then). Hard copy unlocks around midnight. Activision is weird.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
From the other thread:

t5fyaf.jpg

Nabs

snack said:

Thats just what I'm reading, I don't know if it's the case. We'll see.

edit: it's such a weird situation. check the steam forums. so many conflicting reports.

Hawk269

Any word on how long the Single player game is? I love me some COD, but have had a bad taste in my mouth with the last COD single player game because it was so fucking short...so any input would be appreciated.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Damn, my Amazon copy hasn't shipped yet. I know they do overnight but usually the latest they've shipped anything for me is like 5pm. It's 7:30pm now.

Hawk269 said:
Any word on how long the Single player game is? I love me some COD, but have had a bad taste in my mouth with the last COD single player game because it was so fucking short...so any input would be appreciated.
It'll probably still be short, around 5-6 hours. I think only one person in this thread said his opinion on SP, and it was positive. And he said it took him 5 hours.

ch0mp

Koroshi said:
Does anyone know the three secret trophies?

See Me, Stab Me, Heal Me
Fire a Pack-a-Punched Ballistic Knife at a downed ally to revive them from a distance.
Just ask me nicely
Break free from the torture chair.
Eaten by a Grue
Play Zork on the terminal.

I'm assuming they are the same on 360/ps3.

ch0mp said:
See Me, Stab Me, Heal Me
Fire a Pack-a-Punched Ballistic Knife at a downed ally to revive them from a distance.
Just ask me nicely
Break free from the torture chair.
Eaten by a Grue
Play Zork on the terminal.

I'm assuming they are the same on 360/ps3.
What does that even mean? I saw someone get two achievements for breaking out of the torture chair and unlocking Dead Ops Arcade. Is "Zork" supposed to be Dead Ops? I'm guessing a "pack-a-punched ballistic knife" is in Dead Ops Arcade as well?

cameltoe

ok so far I have unlocked lightweight pro, ninja pro, sleight of hand pro and steady aim pro.....no one is using turrets so ghost pro (the only one I really want) still eludes me!

Xux

Koroshi said:
What does that even mean? I saw someone get two achievements for breaking out of the torture chair and unlocking Dead Ops Arcade. Is "Zork" supposed to be Dead Ops? I'm guessing a "pack-a-punched ballistic knife" is in Dead Ops Arcade as well?

I saw the Ballistic Knife come out of the Mystery Box in Kino Der Toten in a video.

kaskade

My copy from amazon shipped FedEx overnight. I can't wait for it to be delivered to me at work. It'll just be taunting me all day.

Are reviews going up at midnight?

Nizz

Stantron said:
divisionbyzorro
Banned
(Today, 02:14 PM)

Da hell?! Did I miss something? Just noticed from browsing the OP.
Wow, I wonder what happened? Kinda blows on the eve of Black Ops releasing. :/

Tiduz

Eurogaime
what the fuck?!

i just entered my code for the spacesuit preorder on eu.callofduty.com and got this instead

DOWNLOAD A 2 MIX PACK 50 CENT FEATURING MARY J. BLIGE vs QUEEN & PUBLIC ENEMY vs GORILLAZ

what the hell?!

DaFish

Nabs said:
Thats just what I'm reading, I don't know if it's the case. We'll see.

edit: it's such a weird situation. check the steam forums. so many conflicting reports.
Did you pre-order this on steam?!

your a bad bad man.

I don't know if Panda told you guys but my GPU went down and I ordered some new "emergency toys" from newegg.com I should be back up around Wed/Thurs this week

MMaRsu said:
Because you're always going on about people should buy games on PC instead of consoles? Putting down console versions of games just cause you have a better pc version.

When people ask which is the superior version I'll give them the facts. Its not my fault that 95% of the time the PC version comes out on top.

MMaRsu said:
Yes it is the truth most of the times, but shitting on console versions when you as a console player only have a console it's annoying.

Its not my problem if you're super sensitive and can't deal with reality. Its a fucking videogame, being made aware of a superior version shouldn't effect your enjoyment unless you're mentally broken. Sugar coating the truth and bending the facts helps no one.

are a lot of people here buying this on PS3? How is the online community normally with the CoD games? I skipped MW2 and now I'm PS3 only, and i'm starting to get that itch. Plus the setting for Black Ops looks way cooler than the MW games.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Ninja Scooter said:
are a lot of people here buying this on PS3? How is the online community normally with the CoD games? I skipped MW2 and now I'm PS3 only, and i'm starting to get that itch. Plus the setting for Black Ops looks way cooler than the MW games.
I'm getting the PS3 version. MW2 still has a huge community on PS3 so no problems there.

TheBear

I bought this off D2D, which is saying the codes won't be released until Nov 9 at 7am, which is about 2am wednesday here in Sydney. Is steam unlocking it earlier?

MMaRsu

brain_stew said:
When people ask which is the superior version I'll give them the facts. Its not my fault that 95% of the time the PC version comes out on top.

Its not my problem if you're super sensitive and can't deal with reality. Its a fucking videogame, being made aware of a superior version shouldn't effect your enjoyment unless you're mentally broken. Sugar coating the truth and bending the facts helps no one.

Oh I know, it's just hearing it constantly is kind of annoying.

Ninja Scooter said:
I've played WaW and MW2 mostly on PS3 and the community is great. Not as many people will obviously own the game but it doesn't mean anything for you, as you'll only be playing a handful of them at a time. I'm getting it again for the ps3.

Ninja Scooter said:

You wn't have an issue finding an active community on any platform including Wii. COD games sell wherever they're sold.

antonz

Cutwolf said:
Why hasn't my Amazon order shipped? Ordered 11/5 with release date delivery.

Where do amazon deliveries ship from to get to you? I have an Amazon Warehouse like 25 minutes away so ship status alway comes very late since they can practically throw it to an employee to drop off

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
brain_stew said:

STFU for once. Jesus.

Cutwolf said:
Why hasn't my Amazon order shipped? Ordered 11/5 with release date delivery.
Same :(

:lol :lol :lol still laughing at that Ice-T vid.

awesome

my copy shipped from Amazon at 8 pm :D :D
but since it's fedex it usually comes at 4-5 pm sdkflkfsjdkdsfdsklkldfsfd , happened the last few games i bought.

Top Bottom