• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

Spookie

Steam in the UK is dying on it's arse along with the MP servers. Everyone is getting mega tonnes of rubber banding. Time to call it a night I think.

Cutwolf

antonz said:
Where do amazon deliveries ship from to get to you? I have an Amazon Warehouse like 25 minutes away so ship status alway comes very late since they can practically throw it to an employee to drop off

I haven't ordered games from them before, but most other stuff I've ordered comes from Pennsylvania. I'm in Boston.

I wasn't terribly encouraged by the screenshots of the PC version posted over in the high-res screenshot thread. Hope it looks better than that!

Ninja Scooter said:
are a lot of people here buying this on PS3? How is the online community normally with the CoD games? I skipped MW2 and now I'm PS3 only, and i'm starting to get that itch. Plus the setting for Black Ops looks way cooler than the MW games.

Play with friends whenever possible. Since I've been gaming on PC I've never experienced the racism, foul language, and all-around asshole community in a game until I played MW2 during a free weekend on Steam- I felt like I had been teleported back to my Halo 2 Xbox live days.

Jtrizzy

For anyone thinking about a gamestop midnight launch, don't forget about wal mart. I went to get my ticket just to wait in line and there was a huge line at 9 pm. Turns out wal mart is open 24 hours, I had no idea.

Sigh, get Last Stand on a set of stairs and be prepared not to be able to turn. I can't believe they never came across that in playtesting.

Aside from that, I'm enjoying the game so far. Moreso than I did with MW2 the first few games, that's for sure.

antonz

Jtrizzy said:
For anyone thinking about a gamestop midnight launch, don't forget about wal mart. I went to get my ticket just to wait in line and there was a huge line at 9 pm. Turns out wal mart is open 24 hours, I had no idea.

Walmart is great for big launch stuff. The 24 hour aspect makes console buys awesome for launches.

Weenerz

Banned
Nabs said:
Thats just what I'm reading, I don't know if it's the case. We'll see.

edit: it's such a weird situation. check the steam forums. so many conflicting reports.

I've been hearing the same reports, I've just decided to go to the launch and if it works, then I will be happy. If it doesn't, then from now on I'll just buy steamworks titles directly from steam, as there will be no benefit from doing a midnight launch.

W Hudson

friskykillface said:
:lol :lol :lol still laughing at that Ice-T vid.

awesome

my copy shipped from Amazon at 8 pm :D :D
but since it's fedex it usually comes at 4-5 pm sdkflkfsjdkdsfdsklkldfsfd , happened the last few games i bought.

I wonder how many friend requests he will get since he gave out his gamertag in that video? He seems like he would be a riot to play with.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Jtrizzy said:
That's exactly what I'm doing. The Gamestop midnight launches are starting to get old. I was constantly getting harassed for getting the PS3 version of MW2 last year.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Can anyone with the stuttering in the Pc version check their resource usage. Someone on the steam forums was reporting a 30% usage for the steam exe.

poppabk said:
Can anyone with the stuttering in the Pc version check their resource usage. Someone on the steam forums was reporting a 30% usage for the steam exe.

It's not that. The problem is 90+ usage in COD:BLOPS. I already tried the killing Steam.exe trick and it didn't work for me.

Revolutionary said:
Sigh, get Last Stand on a set of stairs and be prepared not to be able to turn. I can't believe they never came across that in playtesting.
You shouldn't be able to do a 360 degree turn with your legs glitching through the stairs, either. :lol

Based on Twitter it definitely sounds like there are a lot of long lines building for this title.

I feel pretty good right now about my Steam version - unless these PC performance issues turn out to be true!

I don't know what it is but I'm so f'in excited for this game. I think maybe because I loved WaW so much. Amazon just sent the shipped E-mail, I need to think of an excuse to get out of work early tomorrow!

Jtrizzy said:
Yeah there were some idiots lining up at 830 by me that already had the game pre ordered and paid for in full. Mind you it's below 40 degrees right now where I live too.

I asked the guy at Gamestop if they h ad any PC copies and they had none :lol thought that was pretty funny

h0pper

only Fernando's ripe melons are good enough for me
D4Danger said:
I know it's coming from the Steam forums but the PC version sounds like a bit of a mess right now :\

hm, interesting. haven't heard anything of the sort over here.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
Just realized that I could get this for PC for about $5 after coupons, but my PC is starting to show its age. How badly would this run on a system with 2.5GHz dual core CPU (3 is the supposed minimum) and GTX260 (should otherwise be ok if not for CPU bottleneck)?

D4Danger said:
I know it's coming from the Steam forums but the PC version sounds like a bit of a mess right now :\
I know it's surprising because those guys on the Steam forums are usually such a happy and contented bunch!

purple cobra said:
Wow, I wonder what happened? Kinda blows on the eve of Black Ops releasing. :/

What really blows is I blew a tire tonight, shitty, so I put the spare on.. only to find it also has a fucking hole in it. I'm stranded at my mom's house, 20 miles from Gamestop/Bestbuy. My buddy is coming to town anyway so he's bringing my 360, but it might be in vain as the only place to get BLOPS here is the Wal*Mart, and they're probably not going to put them on the shelf until morning. I might bribe one of the hick mother fuckers if I have to, god damn it.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Gary Whitta said:
I know it's surprising because those guys on the Steam forums are usually such a happy and contented bunch!

ZOKHr.jpg

sw33tclyde said:
What really blows is I blew a tire tonight, shitty, so I put the spare on.. only to find it also has a fucking hole in it. I'm stranded at my mom's house, 20 miles from Gamestop/Bestbuy. My buddy is coming to town anyway so he's bringing my 360, but it might be in vain as the only place to get BLOPS here is the Wal*Mart, and they're probably not going to put them on the shelf until morning. I might bribe one of the hick mother fuckers if I have to, god damn it.
:lol

I'm sorry to hear about your predicament, but man, the way you described that is hilarious.

D4Danger said:

Seems fine to me. I've done some SP and MP, the only issues are a bit of server lag but that's about it.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
lastplayed said:
Seems fine to me. I've done some SP and MP, the only issues are a bit of server lag but that's about it.

that's good to hear (well, not the server lag bit but the rest)

Looks like my copy shipped a while ago. Tomorrow seems so far away. To the people still worrying about Amazon not shipping yet, relax. I've done the release day delivery six times already. Always gets here by 2pm-3pm. :D

Somnium986 said:
Looks like my copy shipped a while ago. Tomorrow seems so far away. To the people still worrying about Amazon not shipping yet, relax. I've done the release day delivery six times already. Always gets here by 2pm-3pm. :D
I'm guessing that they just have so many orders they haven't had time to update. I always order from Amazon, never had a problem before.

Jtrizzy

MikeE21286 said:
Yeah there were some idiots lining up at 830 by me that already had the game pre ordered and paid for in full. Mind you it's below 40 degrees right now where I live too.

I asked the guy at Gamestop if they h ad any PC copies and they had none :lol thought that was pretty funny
Yeah, it snowed where I live this weekend, so needless to say its way too cold to stand in line. Not to mention its degrading. I saw a line, instead went to the walmart and the guy is like yeah no one remembers were open, maybe ten people for reach. Funny thing is the two are so close you can see the huge line at gamestop from the front door of walmart. Maybe ill drive by with my copy at 12:05 lol

Don't forget even if you have it paid off, you can just switch it to another game. I'm doing GT5. Fuck waiting in a line at gamestop...that is a borderline traumatic experience.

X26

Banned
think that ghost is a chick

and it's 11:00pm here now, think I'll go ahead and go in about 10mins. do standalone gamestops typically make you lineup inside or outside for these things?

I NEED SCISSORS said:
SP runs horribly full stop for me - sub-30fps almost all the time. Online runs at a good 60fps (after some initial loading stuttering), but soon starts to develop intermittent stutters that are almost like freezes.

Damn. SP runs all right for me, usually about 50-60fps. I captured the first mission, might upload it later. Not that it helps anyone. :p

jambo

A mate of mine said on Twitter that he was getting pretty low FPS in MP and his PC is pretty good.

Hopefully my i7 870 won't have any issues tonight.

Gary Whitta said:
I wasn't terribly encouraged by the screenshots of the PC version posted over in the high-res screenshot thread. Hope it looks better than that!
Looks pretty good for a quake 3 engine game.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
X26 said:

and it's 11:00pm here now, think I'll go ahead and go in about 10mins. do standalone gamestops typically make you lineup inside or outside for these things?

We had to stand outside last year.

ZZMitch

Gary Whitta said:
So when a game like this comes out do you play the SP campaign first or dive straight into the MP?

I always complete the single player campaign before heading to multi for any game I play, just a little rule for me. i feel it gets me ready for the competitive multi and I just like starting off with the campaign, maybe just for the story behind the maps...

X26 said:

Outside unfortunately....unless you get lucky

Top Bottom