• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

Jtrizzy

X26 said:
think that ghost is a chick

and it's 11:00pm here now, think I'll go ahead and go in about 10mins. do standalone gamestops typically make you lineup inside or outside for these things?
A lot of it depends on how many gamestops are in you're area. In my area there are two, so the lines are outrageous. Go to walmart, no one remembers that they are 24 hours, plus they have more than two cashiers, and don't make you come early to get a ticket to stand in line.

DoomGyver

Multiplayer first, I can hold off on the single player for a week or so. It also helps that I don't care about the spoilers in a COD title.

GeeDuhb

friskykillface said:
:lol :lol :lol still laughing at that Ice-T vid.

awesome

my copy shipped from Amazon at 8 pm :D :D
but since it's fedex it usually comes at 4-5 pm sdkflkfsjdkdsfdsklkldfsfd , happened the last few games i bought.

I am the opposite...I always hope for FedEx, cause they come at like 10am! UPS doesn't come till 3 or 4...yet my stuff usually ALWAYS ships UPS...I wonder how they determine which shipping company gets used?

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Potentially a dumb question, but do you have a to have preordered a game to be able to get it at a midnight release? I'm aware they would probably give priority to the pre-orders, but just want to know if they don't allow fresh pick-ups at all.

Nizz

Somnium986 said:
Looks like my copy shipped a while ago. Tomorrow seems so far away. To the people still worrying about Amazon not shipping yet, relax. I've done the release day delivery six times already. Always gets here by 2pm-3pm. :D
That's the same time it usually gets to me, between 2:00 and 3:00pm. I got the e-mail from Amazon about 4:20pm that they had shipped the game.

Gary Whitta said:
So when a game like this comes out do you play the SP campaign first or dive straight into the MP?
I usually go into the single player campaign first. I do that with every game, like I have with all the COD games. I'll play through the campaign, then hop into the MP. But for some reason I see myself playing Black Ops SP for maybe an hour or two, then hopping into the MP.

I really want to try the MP in this. :)

MikeE21286 said:
SP first for me...looks like I'm the weirdo here
Nope I am doing the same, it isn't like the CoD campaigns are long or anything. I get them out of the way first, I don't think a 6 hour delay in playing MP will make much of a difference from a skill perspective.

Hyunkel6

I always jump into the SP first. If it has me hooked, I finish it before moving on to the MP. COD4 and WaW had awesome SPs IMO. I even played through them twice before moving on to the MP. :lol

Spookie

MiDNiGHTS said:
I go into MP first because if you fall behind in COD online you are screwed.

Quite amusing at the moment to listen to mp5k's and double barrels rattle off in the distance at the moment. Everyone is hanging round their part of the map.

The smgs/shotguns blasting each other at point blank and the rifles skulk round the outside picking each other off.

zaidr

lastplayed said:
I've uploaded a couple of MP videos, they show the occasional lag spike but run fine otherwise. Unless it's the SP people are complaining about?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIzz2flNbPo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJK_3A819q8

I don't know, but this looks WAY too laggy. Way too many times you went for the obvious knife kill, and pretty much went through the person...is this to be expected with not finding the "perfect" server with a low enough ping? people teleporting and the general laggy feel?

This is kind of making me rethink getting the PC version over 360.

MikeE21286 said:
SP first for me...looks like I'm the weirdo here
Eh, I try to finish SP first. Did the opposite with BC2, and never finished the SP. :/
Been hearing that the games not that long anyway.

zaidr

Whats the procedure for getting into games on the PC version. Someone wanna make a video of that? My only point of reference for PC multiplayer gaming is TF2, so I'm expecting a long list of servers. Any way to filter them? Find gametypes that you wanna play fast?

Max

I am not Max
zaidr said:
Whats the procedure for getting into games on the PC version. Someone wanna make a video of that? My only point of reference for PC multiplayer gaming is TF2, so I'm expecting a long list of servers. Any way to filter them? Find gametypes that you wanna play fast?
Yes there is a server browser alike TF2 this time :)

Revolutionary said:
lol I love how the bots in Combat Training actually have aimbot (killcams confirm it). What the fuck :lol

How else would they do it? Not sure I understand the difference between using 'aimbot' and the better alternative. (?)

Do they use SP assets for the MP maps?

That's the only issue I'd have with doing MP first, because I hate spoilers no matter how small.

Prezhulio

so there's nothing really like splitscreen spec ops mode in this, right? just combat training, which is a few multiplayer modes with bots?

debating whether to pick up the pc version since i have a new rig or for ps3 if there's some splitscreen fun to be had...

zaidr

Max said:
Yes there is a server browser alike TF2 this time :)

Cool. I get that. But that seemed to have no organization about it. Any way to get lets say only sabotage games listed? or TDM Hardcore? Or do you have a huge list that you're sifting through?

Supa

For everyone getting the game at midnight and going achievement or trophy hunting, here are the Black Ops Intel Locations for all 42 Intels to unlock "Closer Analysis".

friskykillface said:
:lol :lol :lol still laughing at that Ice-T vid.

awesome

I can't believe Ice-T is for real, that's hilarious :)

"Zombiiiieees b*tch!" lol

zaidr

blindrocket said:
Do they use SP assets for the MP maps?

That's the only issue I'd have with doing MP first, because I hate spoilers no matter how small.

Yeah, that really sucks. I ruined Reach a little for myself. The launch area would have looked amazingly cool, i think, if I hadn't already seen it so much in MP. But I can't keep myself away from MP, so i'm screwed again...

zaidr said:
Cool. I get that. But that seemed to have no organization about it. Any way to get lets say only sabotage games listed? or TDM Hardcore? Or do you have a huge list that you're sifting through?

Here's the filter list:

24l7alk.jpg

And lol @ the players to server ratio.

MMaRsu said:
Are you being sarcastic? I mean what the hell is the point of a review embargo if anyone can just buy the game right now? I REALLY don't see the point honestly.

Why would you not want people to be able to read a review about your game then go and purchase it the next day? Why would you wait till the game is out?

Unless your game is shit, which is debatable ofcourse.
I wasn't being sarcastic, I was agreeing with you you silly little man!

friends are online for this game, they text me that it's around the building for the gamestop and the bestbuy. I don't get it, it's just fucking cod

Supa said:
I can't believe Ice-T is for real, that's hilarious :)

"Zombiiiieees b*tch!" lol

Link please! The one on the previous page said it was removed by the author.

Oh and I will be getting Black Ops tonight thanks to a friend, w00000t!

zaidr

lastplayed said:
Here's the filter list:

And lol @ the players to server ratio.

Thank you! Just what I wanted. And its great to see that you can pick the game type right there at the bottom from the start.

I guess its not even officially the first day, so the server/player thing is understandable...

Top Bottom