• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

divisionbyzorro said:
Hey, at least you don't have to killgrind for attachments anymore. Just think how nice that will be!
But you'll have to money-grind, which, now that I think about it, I don't know how someone makes money. Do you make money after each round? Do you have to unlock through challenges/gambling?

Max

I am not Max
Goddam awesome OP's always convincing me to buy games... Then again I really want to play the new zombies on PC.

There's probably zero chance this will be a Steam sale during the holiday right?

.nimrod

Sethos said:
There we go, sorry about the delay - FAL / PSG1 / G11 for the people who asked :) ( Okay, no one asked for the G11 but it's a special weapon so might as well get a spot )

http://vimeo.com/16439438
Nice! Thanks a lot, will watch now.

edit: Holy shit, the FAL's new iron sights are way better, they're actually usable now.

edit2: Python+ACOG looks ridiculous :lol

Mr. B Natural said:
But you'll have to money-grind, which, now that I think about it, I don't know how someone makes money. Do you make money after each round? Do you have to unlock through challenges/gambling?

• The most efficient way to earn CP is to be awesome at the game and win a lot of high-stakes wager matches.
  • You earn CP bonuses from completing purchased contracts.
  • You earn CP as part of your match bonus.
  • You earn a CP bonus each time you level up.

Sethos said:
There we go, sorry about the delay - FAL / PSG1 / G11 for the people who asked :) ( Okay, no one asked for the G11 but it's a special weapon so might as well get a spot )

I miss the FAL reload animation from MW2 :(

divisionbyzorro said:
  • The most efficient way to earn CP is to be awesome at the game and win a lot of high-stakes wager matches.

Thanks, lots of options.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I can't believe there are no rain maps in black ops ...

It was awesome in CoD4 ...made the action more intense.

Let's hope for future map packs with snow and rain storms. :lol

divisionbyzorro said:

are you also able to earn CP through straight kills?

The camera is an awesome addition, glad it disables your regular radar when in use, should balance it well.

Will be great for capture gametypes or defending areas.

RavenFox

Banned
Sn4ke_911 said:

Would love a snowstorm where you can't see shit. Have to rely on sound, radar and thermal.

Najaf

Sethos said:

Wow. I'm glad the FAL sights are now usable, but that rear sight post has no basis in reality. The FAL iron sights are notoriously terrible and MW2 reflected them accurately. I am not complaining as I will now gladly use the FAL with stock sights.

I have read this somewhere, but has it been confirmed that you can choose iron sights on weapons?

Sethos

Banned
AmericanNinja said:
Nice. is it available right away or do you have to reach a certain level?

CP my friend, not sure how much it costs though - Playing Locally, so everything is unlocked.

Najaf said:
Wow. I'm glad the FAL sights are now usable, but that rear sight post has no basis in reality. The FAL iron sights are notoriously terrible and MW2 reflected them accurately. I am not complaining as I will now gladly use the FAL with stock sights.

I have read this somewhere, but has it been confirmed that you can choose iron sights on weapons?

Only a few of the pistols have improved iron sights as available attachments, as far as I've seen.

Xater

Sn4ke_911 said:

Meh I don't miss it that much. I kinda prefer the snow stuff. Also Downpour was probably one of my least liked maps.

Xux

surefire1982 said:
are you also able to earn CP through straight kills?

It's 10% of the EXP you get during the match so each kill is gonna get you an extra 5, 10, or 50 CP.

Kinda late to the party but awesome OP.

Sethos said:

Holy shit. The silencer sound is beautiful. Thanks again for doing that, I really appreciate it. I should have asked you to throw a silencer on a sniper rifle, but I forgot. :lol

Mr. B Natural said:
Thankfully, it makes the same sound over and over again, so after the first time it'll be pretty predictable.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
RavenFox said:
Would love a snowstorm where you can't see shit. Have to rely on sound, radar and thermal.

exactly.

Xater said:
Meh I don't miss it that much. I kinda prefer the snow stuff. Also Downpour was probably one of my least liked maps.

Yeah Downpour's map layout sucked, but it would be really great to have atleast 2-3 maps with intense weather effects like snow or rain where you can't see shit.

Now in MP vids all i can see is guys running around like headless chickens and shooting around like the rambo, but with this type of maps it would be alot different.

Xater

Brian Fellows said:
Weird that you don't unlock clan tags until level 19.

Speaking of clan tags, I guess we will be using "GAF" just to recognize other GAFers online? At least that is my intention.

kamspy

There's only one thing I need to know,

can you adjust the FOV on the PC version. My purchase literally hinges on this one factor. Seriously. MW2 is unbearable on PC because of it.

HooCares

Neo Member
Great Op. Having heavily played every game in the series since CoD4 I'm excited by many of the changes in this game (non stacking KS, removal of stopping power).

One bit of trepidation I have after seeing the complete Perk list for the first time is with the 3rd tier. I foresee Marathon and Ninja being extremely dominate based on past experience. In MW2, I loved utilizing SitRep for it's Pro ability to hear footsteps. It was hard to unlock and offered a nice reward. Louder footsteps are userful in almost every encounter. This ability will now be easily attained by most players as they will be using Ninja (ninja was the most used 3rd tier perk in MW2 just for the silent footsteps). It seems really powerful to combine SetRep Pro and Ninja.

Xater

HooCares said:
Great Op. Having heavily played every game in the series since CoD4 I'm excited by many of the changes in this game (non stacking KS, removal of stopping power).

One bit of trepidation I have about after seeing the complete Perk list for the first time is with the 3rd tier. I foresee Marathon and Ninja being extremely dominate based on past experience. In MW2, I loved utilizing SitRep for it's Pro ability to hear footsteps. It was hard to unlock and offered a nice reward. Louder footsteps are userful in almost every encounter. This ability will now be easily attained by most players as they will be using Ninja (ninja was the most used 3rd tier perk in MW2 just for the silent footsteps). It seems really powerful to combine SetRep Pro and Ninja.

I agree that Marathon and Ninja will probably be used alot, but the other perks don't seem bad at all. Second Chance with the possibility of being revived is probably pretty awesome in team games.

Stantron

Najaf said:
And the care package will fall in place when the chopper gets taken out.
SAM Turret just became that much more awesome. Even if the enemy calls in a care package on the other side of the map, their care package chopper might enter the map on my side close to my SAM turret, dropping me a little present. Nice. Who knows, might even be a second SAM turret. :lol

Kyoufu

Xater said:
I agree that Marathon and Ninja will probably be used alot, but the other perks don't seem bad at all. Second Chance with the possibility of being revived is probably pretty awesome in team games.

I don't really see the point of revive in a game with instant respawn. Sure it keeps your kill streak intact but I think the chances of a teammate being nice/smart enough to help you out in a game made for Rambo is pretty slim.

I'd probably see more use out of other perks tbh.

Kyoufu said:
I don't really see the point of revive in a game with instant respawn. Sure it keeps your kill streak intact but I think the chances of a teammate being nice/smart enough to help you out in a game made for Rambo is pretty slim.

Search & Destroy (no respawn)
Headquarters (no respawn after capture)
Capture The Flag (15s respawn)
etc.

I think it's useful.

Kyoufu

dope4goldrope said:
Search & Destroy (no respawn)
Headquarters (no respawn after capture)
Capture The Flag (15s respawn)
etc.

I think it's useful.

Oh right. I'm silly, I forget about modes other than TDM.

HooCares

Neo Member
Kyoufu said:

Agree (I mainly play TDM and Ground War where this is true). Hacker, Second Chance, and Tac Mask rely on other players choices to benefit you (Last Stand notwithstanding). If my enemies don't use equipment/certain tac grenades - if my allies are lone wolfing and leave me to die - those perks aren't helping me very much. Marathon/Ninja will be helpful virtually all of the time regardless of what my opponents are doing.

I'm sure they've done a good job balancing the perk placements within the tiers - I guess I just wish a single tier wasn't saddled with 3 situational perks. I still think Ninja/Sitrep in one will be too powerful, but I'll wait and see obviously.

Nelo Ice

Banned
got my hardened edition(360) preordred off amazon

cant wait! :D

still surprised how much content treyarch is putting in this one on top of all the balance fixes :D

I played the shit out of World at War so I thought they were great a while ago =p

But this is the first time they've had the time and manpower to excel.

Activision, are you listening?

Screw you.

I don't care if early leaks are messing with your carefully planned PR schedule. Constantly patrolling the internet and pulling down leaked videos a week before release is a dick move.

One more week. Modern Warfare 2 was one of the most infuriating online experiences ever thanks to all of the exploits that IW had too much pride to fix. I really hope Black Ops brings back the glory days of Call of Duty (Modern Warfare). I wasn't a huge fan of World at War, but it really looks like Treyarch has done an amazing job fixing the problems I had with MW2 and making a great game of their own.

Xater

RavenFox said:
So GAF are we now in Unison that Treyarch are awesome devs?

Put split screen online in PS3 Treyarch

I am pretty sure someone mentioned in the other thread that it's in. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Xater said:
I am pretty sure someone mentioned in the other thread that it's in. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

You can play splitscreen online on the PS3, but only one PSN id can be logged in at any given time.

I just might pick this one up. All of the things that angered me about CoD: MW2 seems to have been fixed. Also, zombie killing Nixon is way better than the Red Dawn story from that game.

Top Bottom