• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

Cday

Banned
Kingpen said:
thanks for the confirmation... I don't have live or plan to pay for it, so you just saved me some money.

Yeah it's pretty ludicrous that you have to pay for online to play bots :lol

I'm just gonna put this here and run, you all prob seen it million times over already..*runs*
I don't have the time to browse the pages of this thread
FJLYw.jpg

zaidr

Cday said:
Yeah it's pretty ludicrous that you have to pay for online to play bots :lol

So its not just that you need to be signed in to live? you have to be a gold subscriber? thats pretty stupid.

_Bro said:
It's actually IGN proving correct to the statement above about the game not having the Infinity Ward stamp of approval. Their statement makes no sense in considering you don't have to play a Wager game and considering all MW2 gametypes were too similar to actually play have a preference.

Exactly. Black Ops' modes are essentially MW2's, with the addition of wager matches. I could understand if they mentioned a problem with the maps or weapons etc., but it's such a sweeping generalisation that it becomes totally meaningless.

I suppose it's IGN after all...

Raiden

Banned
EricHasNoPull said:
I'm just gonna put this here and run, you all prob seen it million times over already..*runs*
I don't have the time to browse the pages of this thread
FJLYw.jpg

First time here :lol

kitch9

Banned
60FPS 1080p in 3d is the fucking business with this game.

Its the most 3d game I've played if that makes sense, the gun looks like it goes miles into the screen! All the shit flying about in 3d is fucking insane....

I am quiet amazed at how little I have seen noob tubers in this game so far, I thought they would all be coming over and flooding every room and corner with a grenade. I have died a total of about 4 times by a noob tube in like 60 matches.

Biff

Any PS3 owners experiencing horrid host DISadvantages???

Enemies see me a half second earlier than I see them, yet the game keeps making me host..

Wtf is this shit?

lag lol
graphics lol
framerate lol
spawn points lol
treyarch lol?

snap0212

MarshMellow96 said:
Trying to find the sniper 'balance' and found this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0x3mMeTXYE

Ergh.

There's another video saying how explosives are cheaper than QS. :lol
Quick-scoping in Black Ops is anything but cheap. I don't know if you've even tried it, but the guy in the video would probably kick your ass no matter what weapon he's using. Oh, and the RC car is cheap as hell, but fun. :)

Mik2121

ChefRamsay said:

Enemies see me a half second earlier than I see them, yet the game keeps making me host..

Wtf is this shit?

lag lol
graphics lo
l
framerate lol
spawn points lol
treyarch lol?
Say what? The graphics are pretty much the same. The only big issue out there is the framerate which might or might not be fixed, and the spawn points which can and probably will be fixed soon. So..

kitch9 said:

Its the most 3d game I've played if that makes sense, the gun looks like it goes miles into the screen! All the shit flying about in 3d is fucking insane....

is that...a good thing?

ChefRamsay said:

Wtf is this shit?

lag lol
graphics lol
framerate lol
spawn points lol
treyarch lol?
Sure you are host? I have had plenty of matches where the enemy has seen me a good half a second early but I had no idea if I was host or not, it's annoying me a lot because in kill cams it looks like I did nothing and stood there like a lemon.

snack

Just finished a couple of MP games on the PC version. From what I could tell, it seems like the lag issues are gone.

Diablohead said:
I am quiet amazed at how little I have seen noob tubers in this game so far, I thought they would all be coming over and flooding every room and corner with a grenade. I have died a total of about 4 times by a noob tube in like 60 matches.

I know! Not one noobtube death over here. Bliss.

zaidr

Aren't noob tubes the last to unlock? Or, I guess in this case, really expensive to buy for each gun? I thought I saw that on some screenshot...Maybe thats the reason?

Erasus

Calantus said:
so whats up with the PC version? is it a big fuck up like the last one?

It is right now, but not in the same way as MW2... This is more performance related than server related.

ChefRamsay said:

Wtf is this shit?

lag lol
graphics lol
framerate lol
spawn points lol
treyarch lol?
Hmm, that might explain my issue with the lag. I've noticed in killcams that enemies seem to see me earlier than I see them, and it shows that I sometimes completely miss them when I know for a FACT that I got several hits on them during the gunfight (the damage reticle thing).

So basically I'm punished for having a great connection. Awesome.

lol Treyarch indeed. :lol

Nizz

snap0212 said:
Impression after playing the Multiplayer on PS3 for three hours:

Frame rate...ugh:
The frame rate problems the PS3 version currently has don’t bother me that much anymore. They’re still there, of course, and Treyarch really has to do something about it soon, because they really do make the multiplayer significantly worse. It’s pretty sad that Treyarch shipped a product das was clearly not what they wanted it to be. Even worse is the fact that the major gaming sites don’t talk about the frame rate problem enough. The problems are way more noticeable in this game than they were in Modern Warfare 2. In fact, I have never experienced noticeable frame rate drops in the PS3 version of Modern Warfare 2. I own it for the Xbox 360 and for the PS3 and think that both are on par. I don't have a problem with the brightness. Everything seems fine and I've not adjusted anything. I haven't tried the SP, though.

BrLvgThrChmstry said:
I'm sorry but, I lack the amount of tolerance you have on this issue dude. It's hampering my enjoyment of this game. 60 fps is a bullet point and for me, one of the main reasons I still play current CoD titles (on consoles). I had no idea this issue was even present, I purchased based on actual player impressions, which was a bad call -- because most were based on the 360 version. I'm definitely trading this in when GT5 comes around...
Jesus, the framerate problems are really this bad on PS3? I don't get it, how can MW2 (which uses the same engine) run just fine in MP but this one has problems? This is crazy...

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Could they have gone for a lower shadow resolution on the PS3. LOL.

jgtite.png

I'll pick this up on PC when they've sorted out the performance issues.

DryvBy

BrLvgThrChmstry said:
I'm sorry but, I lack the amount of tolerance you have on this issue dude. It's hampering my enjoyment of this game. 60 fps is a bullet point and for me, one of the main reasons I still play current CoD titles (on consoles). I had no idea this issue was even present, I purchased based on actual player impressions, which was a bad call -- because most were based on the 360 version. I'm definitely trading this in when GT5 comes around...

What FPS is it actually getting? I can handle a drop to like 40ish, but anything below a 30 is just unacceptable. Graphically, this game is not that impressive.

I saw this question asked earlier, but I didn't flip through the pages to see if it had already been answered. But to anyone who ordered off Amazon and received an e-mail saying they only received 100 promotional points, when purchasing a new game off of amazon it gives you the option of using a $20 credit (200 points). So the info in the e-mail they sent out was just a typo.

Chiming in again on my setup:

Radeon 4890 1GB
Phenom II X2 550 @ 3.1GHz
4GB RAM
Windows 7 64-bit

Unplayable framerate problems in singleplayer (NOT hyperbole); 60fps in multiplayer after 20 seconds of initial loading, but then intermittent stuttering creeps in every 10-15 seconds.

I will give as much info to Trey as I can to get this fixed.

purple cobra said:
Jesus, the framerate problems are really this bad on PS3? I don't get it, how can MW2 (which uses the same engine) run just fine in MP but this one has problems? This is crazy...
Multiplayer.
Just as important, but if you don't specify this shit people will think you're alking about the entire game.

zaidr said:
Aren't noob tubes the last to unlock? Or, I guess in this case, really expensive to buy for each gun? I thought I saw that on some screenshot...Maybe thats the reason?

I don't remember, maybe. But ballistic knife isn't being spammed either, it's just more evened out gunplay. As much as I wish KS stacked, camping has decreased tremendously as well. Just better all around so far.

nib95

Banned
Always-honest said:
Multiplayer.
Just as important, but if you don't specify this shit people will think you're alking about the entire game.

If it's multiplayer only hopefully a fix could be in the works? Don't see why the SP would be any less or more hardware straining than the MP.

SalsaShark said:
Getting PC version.

How's the difficulty ? should i start the campaign in a higher difficulty setting ?
How difficult can it be?.. point and click.. pew pew :p
nib95 said:
If it's multiplayer only hopefully a fix could be in the works? Don't see why the SP would be any less or more hardware straining than the MP.
I certainly hope so. it's what most people buy the game for or at least spend the most time in.

PaNaMa

Banned
I wonder how long IW guys knew this infinite care package glitch was still going to be in Treyarch's code, and if they bothered to tell Activision or Treyarch.

Not that IW is to blame, aside from writing the original glitchy code. I just wonder that if in the big happy land of Activision, SOMEONE is pissed that Team A did not Communicate Giant Game Breaking Code Flaw to Team B for the launch of the next franchise title.

End of the day Treyarch is at fault for not paying attention to this the first time. Still, it kind of shows you how bad the blood is when no one bothers to send a "FYI we had to patch this, heads up" email..

Nizz

Always-honest said:
Multiplayer.
Which is why I quoted posts where people are talking about exactly that. Regardless, how the fuck can they go backwards as far as performance for the multiplayer. SP is important but MP is this game's bread and butter. I was hoping it was just lag, but from reading posts here there are genuine concerns about framerate.

This kills me since all I have is PS3. :(

Stopped playing Mp to try Sp and its fucking crazy :lol I like it alot more than MW2 and possibly even CoD4, If its got a sniper sneaking mission later on I think it will overtake 4!

I wonder when my ISP will finally release the new firmware for my router that they promised 6 months ago. It's impossible to find a match in BO atm (MW2 took around 15mins and cod4 was almost instant). I'll just have to stick with campaign, zombies and wager for now...

purple cobra said:
Which is why I quoted posts where people are talking about exactly that. Regardless, how the fuck can they go backwards as far as performance for the multiplayer. SP is important but MP is this game's bread and butter. I was hoping it was just lag, but from reading posts here there are genuine concerns about framerate.
(
yeah, they really think it's framerate.. i can't understand either. haven't played online yet but will try tonight to see how bad it really is.. Hope they can fix it either way

kitch9 said:

Its reassuring that when it works performance seems to be fine. Suggests its someting that can be easily patched.

purple cobra said:

I've played for 4 hours on PS3 and I really don't think it's bad. I guess I'm not that picky.

oneHeero

Diablohead said:
Probably because you have to pay to unlock the attachment. And its easy to spend cp on other stuff and not realize the noobtube is there lol But I hope it stays hidden :lol

Calantus said:
so whats up with the PC version? is it a big fuck up like the last one?

It is but for entirely different reasons. There's hope that its rectifiable via a patch as all the standard PC features are there (lean, dedi servers, higher player counts, plenty of tweakables, perfect 360 controller support etc.) but the core game is simply broken for many.

purple cobra said:

COD3 performed worse than COD2. W@W performed worse than COD4 and MW2 performed worse than COD4.

As they pile on the effects (and as Treyarch get involved) the framerate always seems to suffer in COD games. I was always expecting a worse framerate, just not a significantly worse framerate.

rObit

Banned
Hey all, not sure if it's been pointed out yet by the PC crowd, but the huge framerate chugs seem to be a problem with networking. My guess is it has something to do with steam overlay/friends integration as it does it at the menu's and on a global basis. When I was playing last night everyone would get the chugs at the same time, and sometimes it would be good, sometimes it would be terrible, but it'd be the same for everyone in the server. Single player stuff seems to work just fine, which further indicates networking. Again, sorry if this has already been pointed out, just wanted to throw it out there before I head out to class so I don't have time to read the last few pages.

Smokey

kitch9 said:

What is your setup

Top Bottom