• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

IceMarker

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST VETERAN DIFFICULTY ON THE VIETNAM STAGE IS IM-FUCKING-POSSIBLE. I'm literally sitting here wondering who the fuck designed this shit so I can bash their head in. I know Veteran is supposed to be super hard but this is damn near undoable.

MrMister said:
JESUS FUCKING CHRIST VETERAN DIFFICULTY ON THE VIETNAM STAGE IS IM-FUCKING-POSSIBLE. I'm literally sitting here wondering who the fuck designed this shit so I can bash their head in. I know Veteran is supposed to be super hard but this is damn near undoable.
lol yup. even if weren't for those achievements, I wouldn't even bother with Veteran this time around. there are so many cheap moments and the checkpoints are shit.

Cday

Banned
Not a Jellyfish said:
Geez gametrailers.com already has a video up on infinite air packages. :lol

It's an official video too...The fuck is wrong with them?

MrMister said:
I'm literally sitting here wondering who the fuck designed this shit so I can bash their head in.

There is no easy way. If it's like the other CoD games the AI will drop you with 2 laser rounds if it just sees a pixel of you.

Interfectum

MrMister said:

?

You are pissed because you can't beat a level on a very high difficulty on a game that was just released today?

cyberheater said:
Could they have gone for a lower shadow resolution on the PS3. LOL.

jgtite.png

I'll pick this up on PC when they've sorted out the performance issues.

Its to bring back, NES nostalgia! :lol

Bionic Commando is the last game I remember with shadows as low resolution as that and that affected all 3 versions of the game.

KingDizzi

Banned
MrMister said:

Ah fuck that noise, will play this on normal. Thanks for letting me know though, was just about to start the SP.

Nizz

brain_stew said:
COD3 performed worse than COD2. W@W performed worse than COD4 and MW2 performed worse than COD4.

As they pile on the effects (and as Treyarch get involved) the framerate always seems to suffer in COD games. I was always expecting a worse framerate, just not a significantly worse framerate.
The thing that concerns me is the framerate being problematic in MP. I thought that COD4 and MW2 were both great as far as framerate in MP on PS3. Hearing about framerate issues in the MP of Black Ops worries me, since that's where I'll spend the most time with the game.

I wonder if it's something that can be addressed in a patch?

PaNaMa

Banned
Hmm it's got to be after midmorning coffee break now in the Treyarch offices... Hell, lunch time is just around the corner out west, right?

Game breaking glitch is discovered by the community in their just-launched poster child software, posted to every major game site and youtube etc... Activision responds by pulling down the COD forums and removing some of the youtube vids .. but no official acknowledgement of the game breaking glitch. Then there's the whole Steam(y) mess of framerate/lag issues on the PC version.

I respect that they don't want their precious "biggest game Launch in history" (potentially anyways) story to be tarnished by acknowledging such an ugly problem(s) .. but I don't see how *NOT* acknowledging it is any better.

Today is your big launch day Treyarch. Wake up. People are handing you fistfulls of millions of dollars by the minute. At least let your customers know you are AWARE of the bugs in your software and that you'll have it fixed Bungie/Valve style .. (like in a day or so).

kitch9 said:
It's hard to explain, but the 3d is very prominent, and it doesn't stutter in that mode whereas 2d does a bit.

Wait so rendering the scene twice for S3D mode actually increases performance!? Wtf!? :lol

IceMarker

Really my only issue with the game right is this fucking impossible PUSH BACK THE NVA mission on Veteran, I've heard it's just as hard on lower difficulties too.

PaNaMa said:
Hmm it's got to be after midmorning coffee break now in the Treyarch offices... Hell, lunch time is just around the corner out west, right?

Game breaking glitch is discovered by the community in their just-launched poster child software, posted to every major game site and youtube etc... Activision responds by pulling down the COD forums and removing some of the youtube vids .. but no official acknowledgement of the game breaking glitch. Then there's the whole Steam(y) mess of framerate/lag issues on the PC version.

I respect that they don't want their precious "biggest game Launch in history" (potentially anyways) story to be tarnished by acknowledging such an ugly problem(s) .. but I don't see how *NOT* acknowledging it is any better.

Today is your big launch day Treyarch. Wake up. People are handing you fistfulls of millions of dollars by the minute. At least let your customers know you are AWARE you sold them broken software, and you'll have it fixed Bungie/Valve style .. (like in a day or so).
what game breaking glitch? if you're referring to the care package shit, a Treyarch mod posted on the CoD forums saying that they were working on it.

MrMister said:
Really my only issue with the game right is this fucking impossible PUSH BACK THE NVA mission on Veteran, I've heard it's just as hard on lower difficulties too.
you know what exactly to do there right? the game does an atrocious job telling you what you're supposed to do there.

Amneisac said:
The problem is that the difficulty increases aren't very fluid in CoD games. They all have a few 'sticking points' where the worst parts of their 'AI' show up in a great big concert of bullshit to fucking crush your fun and kick your dog and run the train on your GF.
your teammate AI is also terrible; don't see how that will change if you're not playing it on Day 1 like the other poster suggested.

Amneisac

Interfectum said:
?

You are pissed because you can't beat a level on a very high difficulty on a game that was just released today?

The problem is that the difficulty increases aren't very consistent or organic (or fair?) in CoD games. They all have a few 'sticking points' where the worst parts of their 'AI' show up in a great big concert of bullshit to fucking crush your fun and kick your dog and run the train on your GF.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
PaNaMa said:

Today is your big launch day Treyarch. Wake up. People are handing you fistfulls of millions of dollars by the minute. At least let your customers know you are AWARE you sold them broken software, and you'll have it fixed Bungie/Valve style .. (like in a day or so).

So Treyarch's forums are "...temporarily offline for maintenance." What a crock. It looks like this game needed another month or two in the oven.

PaNaMa

Banned
DevelopmentArrested said:
what game breaking glitch? if you're referring to the care package shit, a Treyarch mod posted on the CoD forums saying that they were working on it.

you know what exactly to do there right? the game does an atrocious job telling you what you're supposed to do there.

Link me to the form post please.

Cday

Banned
PaNaMa said:
Game breaking glitch is discovered by the community in their just-launched poster child software, posted to every major game site and youtube etc...

The care package glitch has been known for like a week now. It's not like they can just patch things with the snap of a finger on XBL.

Amneisac

Cday said:
The care package glitch has been known for like a week now. It's not like they can just patch things with the snap of a finger on XBL.

I don't get how a glitch from COD6 shows up in COD7. Seems lazy to me.

Ballistik

First thing I do when I get the game is go to multiplayer.

First thing I do when my FIRST game starts is chug a grenade across the map

"First Blood"
:lol

kuYuri

purple cobra said:
Jesus, the framerate problems are really this bad on PS3? I don't get it, how can MW2 (which uses the same engine) run just fine in MP but this one has problems? This is crazy...

Actually, they aren't using the MW2 engine, but rather modified the one used in WaW.

demolitio

Wow, I was afraid to boot up the PC version since I knew I'd have problems as I'm pretty unlucky, but I expected it to run a little better than it is right now. It's amazing when a 60FPS game is more demanding than Metro 2033... :lol

Amneisac

A moment of silence for my friend who just received this e-mail:

Hello,

We're sorry for the delay in shipping the order you placed on October 26 2010 (Order#). We have good news -- the order is now being shipped! You should receive a shipping notification shortly, within the next business day, for the following item(s):

"Call of Duty: Black Ops"
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003JVKHEQ/?tag=neogaf0e-20

The shipping notification will include an updated estimated delivery date and tracking information if it's available.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this delay.

PaNaMa

Banned
Amneisac said:
I don't get how a glitch from COD6 shows up in COD7. Seems lazy to me.

Precisely. And to the poster above you - To blame the fans for expecting it to be fixed today or tomorrow, and calling us unreasonable cause the Xbox live patching process is slow, or whatever, is just moronic. Here's why:

Bad glitch from previous game code that is universally known about is not the fault of Microsoft's slow xbox live patching policy. MS are not to blame here. Neither are COD fans who bought black ops. IW are laughing their asses off, cause the joke is now on Treyarch. If I were activision, I'd be pissed that my two kids are not playing well together. It's treyarch who dropped the ball, but you can bet IW knew this would happen.

Treyarch/activision needs to send out a press release, acknowledge the bugs, assure us they'll be fixed in the next few days and pay the penalty to Microsoft and deploy their patch.

Until then, I guess it's classic mode.

Ballistik said:

"First Blood"
Bullshit. You can't throw grenades for shit in this game...

There is something weird about the guy on the cover of the box. It's like his arms are coming out of his neck. Is there an original copy of that picture? It's like they crushed him down to fit on the box or something.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Spawns are utter shit, and being able to drop to prone and fire almost instantly and fire while getting out of prone is some serious bullshit.

Lothars said:
I think the reviews are right on and it's not because it doesn't have the infinity ward, it's because it's not a perfect game and has problems.

I still think the reviews are higher than they should be with all the technical problems that are occuring.
Yeah, exactly like COD4 and MW2. I remember with COD4 in particular, there was a hellacious amount of bitching about this, that and the other thing, especially about the campaign.
None of these games are without flaws and it's annoying when people pretend that Infinity Ward's games dont hit you with the usual COD bullshit.

God I get such bad nerd rage playing this :lol fucking stupid people on demolition not planting the bombs or defending/attacking really pisses me off!

Sticks and stone is a real rush mixed with similar anger inducing things
"arghhh motherfucker I was first now im last ill kill youuuuu!!!"

Ballistik said:

"First Blood"

If by 'across the map' you mean 10 feet.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Strider2K99 said:
Actually, they aren't using the MW2 engine, but rather modified the one used in WaW.
WaW was pretty identical too. The only difference I could notice was that the alpha effects were lower res on PS3. Treyarch fucked up here :/

clav

Strider2K99 said:
It's definitely MW2 otherwise it wouldn't have all those killstreak perks for multiplayer + guns.

Top Bottom