• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
How is campaign on vet? Still have yet to finish WAW campaign because of the bullshit ai and 'nade spamming.

Mw2 was pretty harmless on vet, while mw1 and cod2 were more fairbut really difficult challenges. Where does this fall?

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
I'm LOVING the multiplayer so far!! I'll give it a day or two before everyone adds grenade launchers to their guns since it's not in a default class :lol :lol

Also...screw Nuketown. Worst than SHIPMENT

lionelhutz

Has this been posted yet?

149401_1662971371105_1141841463_1809626_7678679_n.jpg

Brandon F said:
How is campaign on vet? Still have yet to finish WAW campaign because of the bullshit ai and 'nade spamming.

Mw2 was pretty harmless on vet, while mw1 and cod2 were more fairbut really difficult challenges. Where does this fall?

played the first mission and it wasn't bad. Don't know if there places(in later levels) where enemies respawn infinitely but the first didn't seem to have any.

X26

Banned
SteveO409 said:
I'm LOVING the multiplayer so far!! I'll give it a day or two before everyone adds grenade launchers to their guns since it's not in a default class :lol :lol

Also...screw Nuketown. Worst than SHIPMENT

Haven't run into many toobers at all yet, and it seems like the things do less damage now anyways (could just all be in my head though). As for nuketown I'm kind of dissapointed that it's only showed up for me once after playing for a fair bit

RiverBed

Banned
backflip10019 said:
Really? WOW, that's incredibly lame. But I guess it's better than nothing. Wish they would have incorporated guests into the online experience (like Halo did, oh you know, 6 years ago).
No it is NOT "better than nothing". When you see bullshit, you call out fucking BULLSHIT. It's that bend-over mentality that gets on my nerves and why a lot of shitty moves like this one is done.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
finished the campaign - loved it

jumped into mp for about 2min - unplayable, the framerate is just ..ugh...
played against bots and it was horrendous, played online with others and it was just as bad.

Even though the campaign managed to have 60fps 90% of the time ( still waaay unacceptable for this lowtech of a game on my pc ) the gameperformance in mp just shits itself and dies.

Damn

zedge

Are pc users who bought from direct to drive getting their activation codes? I havent received an email yet, still at work and havent checked site.

Mik2121

cyberheater said:
Are they using lower texture resolution on the PS3 version as well?

Check out the side louvre door.

http://i54.tinypic.com/2141nog.jpg[IMG]

PS3

[IMG]http://i56.tinypic.com/11tsqwm.jpg[IMG]

From Lens of Truth

[url]http://www.lensoftruth.com/?p=24160[/url][/QUOTE]
Ughh... not this shit again...

NO, they are NOT using lower resolution textures on the PS3. That just happens to be an instance where texture streaming failed. It also happens on the 360 so it's not just a PS3 issue. Here, take a look at this:

[IMG]http://imgur.com/uqq92.png

Blurry textures on one version and not in the other means absolutely nothing. Both versions have issues here and there streaming textures.

zedge said:
Are pc users who bought from direct to drive getting their activation codes? I havent received an email yet, still at work and havent checked site.
Yea you should have gotten a email at 10 am est 7 am pst, at least I did.

demolitio

zedge said:
Check your account on the actual site. It should be there on the download page.

Corky

ultron87 said:
Hour estimate? Difficulty?

*just need more data to throw onto the "buy it after work or not" spreadsheet in my head*

8ish hours, played it on the lowest setting. ( don't get the absurdity of playing a game like Cod with infinite spawns, no tactics, monster closets etc, on higher than enjoyable difficulty,imo)

RiverBed said:
No it is NOT "better than nothing". When you see bullshit, you call out fucking BULLSHIT. It's that bend-over mentality that gets on my nerves and why a lot of shitty moves like this one is done.
What.

Corky

Gary Whitta said:
Any new news on PC performance issues?

I'm waiting eagerly, moving my crosshair horizontally in MP is tragically hilarious, an otherwise smooth motion becomes excrutiatingly choppy. i.e I wont be able to play online until it's fixed :[[[[

Corky said:
8ish hours, played it on the lowest setting. ( don't get the absurdity of playing a game like Cod with infinite spawns, no tactics, monster closets etc, on higher than enjoyable difficulty,imo)

For me its a good prep for multiplayer( I play SP at the same time). Even though MP is gonna be mostly the same SP you can get used to some of the guns. Its also a nice little challenge.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Mik2121 said:
Ughh... not this shit again...

NO, they are NOT using lower resolution textures on the PS3. That just happens to be an instance where texture streaming failed. It also happens on the 360 so it's not just a PS3 issue. Here, take a look at this:

http://imgur.com/uqq92.png

Blurry textures on one version and not in the other means absolutely nothing. Both versions have issues here and there streaming textures.

Pretty poor then. I wonder if a hard disk install would solve this for the 360 version?

cdyhybrid

Finished the campaign after my midnight release buddies went to sleep. It was alright but I liked MW2's campaign better. Black Ops multiplayer seems better so far, though.

err, so is anyone else a bit shocked at how little this feels like call of duty 4 waw and MW2? It just doesnt feel like playing any of those games, maybe I need to put some more time in.

Ive tried all 4 wager matches, I literally just played a sticks and stones game where everyone got bankrupt pretty much right at the end so much the dude with the least amount of kills won. :lol

All in all im annoyed that you have to put money on the line to play these matches and dont even earn exp, theyre very VERY much party gametypes. A ton of fun, but putting money on the line makes them unessicerrily competative and downright frustrating seeing how much of it is luck based and connection based.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4

aku:jiki

Just played my first match of Gun Game! Man, that was hilarious and intense. I love that it uses smaller versions of the maps too.

Gotta admit I lucked out a lot when I got the 2 sniper kills - first one was a sloppy quickscope* on a guy right in front of me, then some idiot ran right past me and let me shoot the WA2000 in his back. :lol

* Oh yes, bitches. Still very possible. Where's your god now, GAF?

NIN90

D4Danger said:
150+ fps :lol

I love it when people do that.

Well, the engine of the previous CoD games were very well optimized. Framerates beyond 100 were pretty easy to achieve.
I play CoD2 at a constant 250 FPS myself.

Corky

TheLegendary said:
I'd attach my dog to that any day.

I could see the benefits of having someone walk your dog, I too would hand her my dog.

Well I always play the campaign first anyway, hopefully the clusterfuck that is PC multiplayer will be in some way fixed by the time I get to it.

Nabs

game runs nicely on pc (single player). have everything maxed out and get 60 with d3d on. maybe i got lucky but multi also ran well. i noticed a few spikes at first, but it smoothed out immediately. will play some more later. the server browser is badass.

(i7 860/5850)

X26

Banned
bobs99 ... said:
err, so is anyone else a bit shocked at how little this feels like call of duty 4 waw and MW2? It just doesnt feel like playing any of those games, maybe I need to put some more time in.

The guns seem to feel a little lighter than say in COD4 where they really nailed that kind of thing down

Struct09

Nabs said:
game runs nicely on pc (single player). have everything maxed out and get 60 with d3d on. maybe i got lucky but multi also ran well. i noticed a few spikes at first, but it smoothed out immediately. will play some more later. the server browser is badass.

(i7 860/5850)

Good to hear, that's my CPU/GPU combo as well

cyberheater

Smokey said:
holy fuck there's 2 million + players online right now (XBL) :lol

That's amazing. I'm surprised the servers can handle it.

Dabanton

bobs99 ... said:

It feels more like CoD2 so far which is a good thing.

Top Bottom