• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD: MW3 Community Thread lOTl Has 99 problems but it's still pretty fun!

Jrmint

I think it's 6 hours bc level 10 was 2 hours and 20 was 4 hours and we never redeemed the level 10 one.

I really want to know though if we each get our own 6 hours or if it's 6 hours from when you hit it.

Xamdou

I think it's 6 hours bc level 10 was 2 hours and 20 was 4 hours and we never redeemed the level 10 one.

I really want to know though if we each get our own 6 hours or if it's 6 hours from when you hit it.

Should be 6 hours for each person's online play time.

Keikaku

Hey Gaf, I could use your help with this one.

I'm trying to put together and end of semester MW3 tournament at my university and I was wondering if you could help me develop some rules so that the game is as fair as possible for everyone attending. If it helps to give you an idea of what the tournament will be like, we plan on having each match being an 8 man free-for-all on 8 xbox 360s connected through LAN. The matches will be single elimination, but the top 4 or 2 players from each match will move on to the next round until the final round which will consist of 3 matches with the top 8 players. Each match will be 10 minutes long with 5 minutes in between each match. We are expecting about 64 people to be in attendance.

My questions for you all:

Are there any levels that you think should be banned due to balance or spawn issues?

Are there any weapons/perks/killstreaks that should be banned because of glitches or balance issues?

Do you think 10 minutes is an adequate amount of time for a match?

Is there anything else that needs to be modified to make this game fair in LAN mode?

Thanks!
I would say that for levels, I would only really leave out Dome and Bootleg

If you're playing on Xbox, they're nerfing the Akimbo FMGs, so I would say that's an acknowledged OP weapon. Leave them out.

Other than that, you're golden.

Do you think we'll make it to 50? I'd love the 24 hours plus an extra token, but we're still over 20 levels away.

Clan challenges aren't even up yet. They should net us some good XP...hopefully.

I wish there were leaderboards. I would bet a good amount of money that we're one of the highest level clans on there.

Clan challenges aren't even up yet. They should net us some good XP...hopefully.

I wish there were leaderboards. I would bet a good amount of money that we're one of the highest level clans on there.

Judging by all the randoms that are begging to be in the clan I'd say so. I see that Max is in the clan. Really cool

Judging by all the randoms that are begging to be in the clan I'd say so. I see that Max is in the clan. Really cool

Yeah apparently the previously broken "invite to clan" feature from the career page works. So no more FRs required. I just need a gamertag.

Think I'm going to post one more time in OT. Then wait a few hours and trigger double XP.

Touch

There are clan challenges?! That's going to be fun. Do we know what kind of challenges these will be?

MrDaravon

Damn, I missed the invite by like 10 minutes :( Oh well, maybe next benchmark. If nothing else I guess I can be the guinea pig for whether or not people that join after it's set get it, I would assume not though.

Also are clans really only limited to 100 people? Groups go way higher than that, so I wouldn't have thought that clans would be that limited.

Damn, I missed the invite by like 10 minutes :( Oh well, maybe next benchmark. If nothing else I guess I can be the guinea pig for whether or not people that join after it's set get it, I would assume not though.

Also are clans really only limited to 100 people? Groups go way higher than that, so I wouldn't have thought that clans would be that limited.

invited you

MrDaravon

Oh I got the invite a few hours ago it looks like, but I was away and didn't see it until like right after you posted. I already have access to the clan callsign/title but don't see any double XP, so unless it's super laggy that confirms that you have to actively be in the clan when it goes out, which make sense. I wound up with about 8 hours of double XP already from mtndew/doritos so it's not a big deal.

PaulSancheezzee

Neo Member
May I please have an invite to the clan as well? I sent an invite & message via xbl under the same username here on gaf... thanks xtortionist!

Jrmint

I've been a member of the clan for a couple weeks and my 6 hours has not shown up. Do I have to play one game or something before it kicks in? I checked my Barracks and it does not have the little double xp icon on it.

OK so how does this clan thing actually work? I accepted the invite, got the double XP, but I don't have any of you guys on my friends list so do we need to play together or what?

Coldphire

Neo Member
OK so how does this clan thing actually work? I accepted the invite, got the double XP, but I don't have any of you guys on my friends list so do we need to play together or what?

Hit Y (on XBox) in a Pre Match Lobby to access the Friends menu. This will show your XBox Live Friends, but if you push the stick to the right you can switch to different groups. Your clan will be the very last one. It will show everyone online and what they are doing. You can join from there if the match isn't full.

Hit Y (on XBox) in a Pre Match Lobby to access the Friends menu. This will show your XBox Live Friends, but if you push the stick to the right you can switch to different groups. Your clan will be the very last one. It will show everyone online and what they are doing. You can join from there if the match isn't full.

Ok thanks, so I guess I'll just keep checking the elite website for clan events right

Thank for posting this btw-I was able to jump into a game of TDM with SEBattleship thanks to you. I'll be doing this a lot more often now-I wasn't sure how to find it before.

otakuderek

Toss an invite my way Xbox 360 clan? GT: VendettaXXI

I don't remember if I can contribute anything regarding Call of Duty Elite. I did get the Hardened Edition.

aristotle

I don't have any of you on my XBL FL. Someone add me so I can get some games in with you guys please.

Shuns RB& friend to play with other PS3 people. Begs for XBox invites.

I almost typed a dave acronym there.

On a side note, tonight @ 8pm the double xp hammer will fall for the PS3 clan. Better let me know you want in if you want that xp!

Bollocks

8pm ET?
I try to make it even though I'm sure I'll be more asleep than awake, but hey if we can get a nice group going.

aristotle

8pm ET?
I try to make it even though I'm sure I'll be more asleep than awake, but hey if we can get a nice group going.

8pm central :(

I know you're overseas. Even if you can't make it, you'll get the double xp for being in the clan. That was just when I was going to hit the button. That way it gives everyone with an invite time to accept it.

PS: If you see me online tomorrow, send me an invite. I'll join up!

Hey, i think i added myself to the PS3 clan but don't know if I need an invite or not.

I have founder double xp etc as well.

Anyone up for playing online now?

aristotle

Hey, i think i added myself to the PS3 clan but don't know if I need an invite or not.

I have founder double xp etc as well.

Anyone up for playing online now?

Go to elite.callofduty.com. On your profile page there is a feed section. Check it for your clan invite.

Bollocks

8pm central :(

I know you're overseas. Even if you can't make it, you'll get the double xp for being in the clan. That was just when I was going to hit the button. That way it gives everyone with an invite time to accept it.

PS: If you see me online tomorrow, send me an invite. I'll join up!

Well actually that doesn't even make it any worse cause I thought ET = my local time -6h, but I forgot that DST isn't present so it's actually 5h and I just checked online and the difference between ET and C is 1h, so that makes it 6h again, so nothing really changed for me, it's still 2am but I watch NBA games so it's not an odd time really plus I have a crate full of red bull let's do this :D
I just hope the lag isn't too much noticeable, Killzone 3 was fine playing on US servers, hope it's the same here.

I wouldn't mind playing with some GAF users, but I'm not too big on clans. I'll consider joining up when I'm consistently good at the game, but for now I'm happy with random skirmishes.

I've got it for PS3, PSN is ZacharyDCCLXXVII.

Bollocks

Nice game guys today, I enjoyed it even though I constantly had 2 bars throughout the session, there were of course some off moments due to it but for the most part it was okay. I have seen 3bar games that were choppier. But it was nice to finally play with a group :)

Flunkie

Banned
Holy fucking shitballs. 6 Hours of Double XP? Definitely paying off to be in a clan this time around. :p All my IRL friends are jealous.

I need to play more with you guys though. :(

Top Bottom