• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD: MW3 Community Thread lOTl Has 99 problems but it's still pretty fun!

DaNcaKe

Could I get an invite to the Elite clan?
GT: I DaNcaKe I

Anyone online now and playing some games? Throw me an invite or post your tag :)

Retequis

Neo Member
How do we check to see if we got an invite to the clan or not? I'm not too keen on how to use this CoD Elite stuff.

Retequis

Neo Member
Please state if you want in the clan or you just want to play with gaf people. Thanks!
Oh derp, I don't know how I missed this. I'd like to be in the clan as well then. As far as I know, my Elite username should be the same as my 360 GT (Retequizzle) but if that doesn't work, it's probably Retequis. I don't sign up for things under anything else nowadays.

Also, thanks Xtortionist. Elite's been really buggy for me still as of late, and I'm not sure if it's because I'm doing it wrong or something on their end but I haven't been able to get to that page since I signed up.

RdN

Will they ever do something about the buttons on the clan name space? I hate it so much, and I'm getting tired of reporting this people as exploiters.

aristotle

So now that im in the clan-when I log into PSN, how don't join games with our clan? I don't get it.

When you get online, hit triangle to pull up the friends tab. Then arrow right all the way and you'll see everyone in the GAF clan.

So I bought Elite a couple weeks ago and I have yet to get any of the titles or camo or anything. Anyone know what's up?

It usually takes a little while for them to show up. It's kind of slow.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Man prestiging in this game is so painless when you have 5 prestige tokens. I unlocked the G36c, Bouncing Betties, Scavenger, Assassin, and Dead Silence.

farco1212

Neo Member
Hey Gaf, I could use your help with this one.

I'm trying to put together and end of semester MW3 tournament at my university and I was wondering if you could help me develop some rules so that the game is as fair as possible for everyone attending. If it helps to give you an idea of what the tournament will be like, we plan on having each match being an 8 man free-for-all on 8 xbox 360s connected through LAN. The matches will be single elimination, but the top 4 or 2 players from each match will move on to the next round until the final round which will consist of 3 matches with the top 8 players. Each match will be 10 minutes long with 5 minutes in between each match. We are expecting about 64 people to be in attendance.

My questions for you all:

Are there any levels that you think should be banned due to balance or spawn issues?

Are there any weapons/perks/killstreaks that should be banned because of glitches or balance issues?

Do you think 10 minutes is an adequate amount of time for a match?

Is there anything else that needs to be modified to make this game fair in LAN mode?

Thanks!

GECK

Finally found some time to play this, got the clan invite and everything.

Been playing purely solo and doing pretty well KD-wise. If you see me on the meta tag please invite gt: A BP CEO

iW2pu69005asg.gif

Touch

Are there any weapons/perks/killstreaks that should be banned because of glitches or balance issues?

Do you think 10 minutes is an adequate amount of time for a match?

Is there anything else that needs to be modified to make this game fair in LAN mode?

Thanks!
Normally COD tournaments are run without killstreaks and equipment (except flash/stun). Unless your going for a promod setting, there is no need to ban perks or weapons. FFA go about 10 minutes. That should be plenty of time.

You should however pick maps carefully. Don't choose any that are to big. I would go with Dome. It's actually one of the best maps in the game. Also Arkaden though Dome is better for FFA.

Normally COD tournaments are run without killstreaks and equipment (except flash/stun). Unless your going for a promod setting, there is no need to ban perks or weapons. FFA go about 10 minutes. That should be plenty of time.

You should however pick maps carefully. Don't choose any that are to big. I would go with Dome. It's actually one of the best maps in the game. Also Arkaden though Dome is better for FFA.
I hate Dome. Hands down the worst spawns out of any map, and terrible routes.

Thinking about it, I think I'll pull the trigger tomorrow sometime, as we still have 6 or so pending invites. Let everyone have a chance to get in on this shit. IDK if the 2x XP will be awarded after I press the button if someone joins. Wouldn't want to screw anybody.

Xamdou

Thinking about it, I think I'll pull the trigger tomorrow sometime, as we still have 6 or so pending invites. Let everyone have a chance to get in on this shit. IDK if the 2x XP will be awarded after I press the button if someone joins. Wouldn't want to screw anybody.

Send my a clan invite please! GT: Xamdou.

njean777

I need to play with more people from the 360 clan, I need peeps for domination! Invite if you see me on anytime.

Would like to get in on the 360 GAF Clan, if there are still spots available.

I'm usually playing HC gametypes (not very well), if that matters.

GT: AbsurdG3nius

aristotle

I've resent every invite for the PS3 clan. Hopefully now more people will get them. Some of them have been sitting around since the 16th of Nov. :(

I'm about to open up the clan to even readers of GAF. With so many in our list who haven't accepted or just ignored the invites, we need to grow our ranks. As long as they're good people we'll have fun.

Xamdou

Do we have a clan emblem on the COD Elite clan page yet?

Also when you going to activate the 6 hour double xp bonus?

Top Bottom