• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Code of Princess |OT| Guardian Heroines with a bit more Atlus 'n Titties

branny

I'm sorry if some people have said so already, but is anyone who played the JP version picking this one up? I'm curious about the extent of the supposed re-balancing and optimization, particularly with regard to enemy AI (lane abuse) and slowdown.

MrBS

Preordered. I showed MrsBS the trailer for giggles and she put in a preorder herself. Well, local coop for me :D

wsippel

Banned
I am sooo angry now that the 3DS is region locked... so angry! *sigh*
According to Agatsuma Entertainment, it's coming to Europe.

So is there an actual in-game reason to why the main character is barely dressed?
Probably not, but female designers often tend to design more sexy, scantily clad female characters than male designers. Just like male designers tend to design insanely muscular and "manly" male characters.

Tain

Pretty on the fence about this, and hearing about low print runs isn't helping. I like arcade-structured belt scroll action games, but this more console-flavored persistence stuff hasn't been my thing. I also heard the Japanese release of this was mad easy even at its hardest. Tough call for me.

Jeff-DSA

I've got my preorder down on this. I've been interested in it for a while, and I've been burned in the past by not preording low print run titles.

Velcro Fly

This may be the first 3DS game I pay full price for. Really interested in it and I was going to wait it out but if the print run is small I'm not sure I'll want to wait. I have a ton of credit at Amazon so I just might splurge and plop down the $40 to have something to play along side Pokemon Black 2.

Mupod

Preordered on a whim 'cause it's been a long time since the last 3DS game I bought.

Also have this stupid ass n titties song stuck in my head now.

Sushigod7

Had this pre-ordered as soon as they announced the bonus items. Looking forward to it and its on release date delivery from Amazon so that is perfect. I have hardly watched anything on this so going in with no expectations which doesn't happen very often.

HyperHip

I'm sorry if some people have said so already, but is anyone who played the JP version picking this one up? I'm curious about the extent of the supposed re-balancing and optimization, particularly with regard to enemy AI (lane abuse) and slowdown.

Pretty much the reason I'm double dipping. VS mode and framerate were my biggest issues with the game so hopefully they made some adjustments.

genjiZERO

this actually looks pretty good.... But I don't have a 3DS and there's not bloody way I'm going to buy one. I really wish more developers would release games like this - especially these old school Japanese style games - for PSN.

Aeana

this actually looks pretty good.... But I don't have a 3DS and there's not bloody way I'm going to buy one. I really wish more developers would release games like this - especially these old school Japanese style games - for PSN.

If there's games you want for it, why not buy it? That's generally my understanding of how platform purchases work.

genjiZERO

If there's games you want for it, why not buy it? That's generally my understanding of how platform purchases work.

I don't have the money to purchase a new system. I also really hate looking at small screens. I'd rather be able to sit in front of my 50in television....

Giolon

I don't have the money to purchase a new system. I also really hate looking at small screens. I'd rather be able to sit in front of my 50in television....

The screen of the XL is really surprisingly large. You should check it out. Also it's not like Code of Princess is the only good game the system has or will ever have...

ugh, i feel embarrassed looking at it

Really?

Amazing art. Fun character design. Established development team.

I realize an OT should help bring awareness to a title, but you could do a little leg work yourself.

If the art does nothing for you, then I can't do nothing for you man.

Kinu Nishimura is a fabulous artist and Solange reminds me of Yuko from Valis. Getting the former Guardian Heroes staff involved in making the game only cements my adoration of this game.

This is one of those rare games that I feel is made just for me.

I agree with olimpia84, this is the last game I'm looking forward to madly for the rest of this year.

Do we want to put 3DS friend codes or whatever in the hell Nintendo uses this week in the OP? Let me know.

I may buy two copies of this. One to play and one to sell in morans what scoffed at it in the present ten years down the line, Guardian Heroes style. :3

matmanx1

Thanks for this.

Now, does anyone know this...

You have to encounter the character in the main story before you can use them in story mode. You must start as Solange but because the stages are so short you can have all of the main story mode cast unlocked within an hour or two at most.

I beat the JP version with Solange and I'm still picking up the US release mainly so I can understand more of the story and possibly play some multiplayer. My favorite character was Sister Hel but Allegro and Zozo were fun also.

Shaffield

Really?

Amazing art. Fun character design. Established development team.

I realize an OT should help bring awareness to a title, but you could do a little leg work yourself.

If the art does nothing for you, then I can't do nothing for you man.

Kinu Nishimura is a fabulous artist and Solange reminds me of Yuko from Valis. Getting the former Guardian Heroes staff involved in making the game only cements my adoration of this game.

This is one of those rare games that I feel is made just for me.

I agree with olimpia84, this is the last game I'm looking forward to madly for the rest of this year.

Do we want to put 3DS friend codes or whatever in the hell Nintendo uses this week in the OP? Let me know.

I may buy two copies of this. One to play and one to sell in morans what scoffed at it in the present ten years down the line, Guardian Heroes style. :3

Not what I meant.
I'm totally interested in the game, and have been for a while. im just embarrassed at your OT

im just embarrassed at your OT

zkg1M.gif

OmegaZero

Now, does anyone know this...
You can choose who you want to play as from the start right?
Don't wanna taint myself with anyone but Allegro.

Snap, how did I miss that twice?

Anyway, from the trailers it looks like you can choose them only after you meet them in the story. This review by BordersDown indicates that you can choose between 4 characters when you start. I'm willing to bet they're Solange, Ali, Allegro, and Zozo but I could be wrong.

EDIT: And thanks for the updates again, TTOB.
One of these days, I hope Treasure makes a new fighter styled after their Beach DS series. Those were fun, and had some notable similarities to this (and Guardian Heroes).

EDIT: And thanks for the updates again, TTOB.
One of these days, I hope Treasure makes a new fighter styled after their Beach DS series. Those were fun, and had some notable similarities to this (and Guardian Heroes).

No worries man.

Thanks for filling in the blanks.

Too busy working to make big fat OT's so I appreciate your contributions.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
This OT was pretty much TTOB's birthright and it delivered.

You are all now aware of the lock on Alibaba's bandeau. Dafuq!

Top Bottom