• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Basketball 2009-2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
truly101 said:
Meh, GT has talent and size, losing to them at the ATL stinks but its not shameful. What sucks is they'll lose to UVA or Miami, someone they should beat easily but won't show up for. This is why I think Hewitt sucks as a coach. Lawal and Favors are beasts.

Anyone want to guess while I'm quoting myself here from 4 days ago?

SyNapSe

Azwethinkweiz said:
I wish we never had to play an away game ever.

so does the big 12. It was 113-1 at home coming into tonight. Nebraska sagging inside on defense like teams have been doing to KU recently but we are hitting our outside shots so far. 8-11 from 3 point land.

ianswoody

All of the threes are going down so far tonight. Really impressed with Nebraska's start, but man. We got way too excited and let it slip right through our fingers. We'll have to see how we react after the half. Gotta keep the intensity. I like all of the substitutions we can make now that we have a little depth on our team. Hopefully we'll be less likely to shit the bed during the end of games. :lol

impirius

Looks like South Carolina is going to be one of those teams this season thanks to the injuries... a small lineup that lives and dies by the three. It's working well enough so far, but we'll see what happens against teams with good perimeter defense or a good transition game.

Silkworm

impirius said:
Looks like South Carolina is going to be one of those teams this season thanks to the injuries... a small lineup that lives and dies by the three. It's working well enough so far, but we'll see what happens against teams with good perimeter defense or a good transition game.
Woo-hoo, join the club! Let's see if UF and SC can split their two games against each other. :p At least it'll be a fair fight :-D Have fun playing against all the height UK sports (UF sure did last night)! *sigh* :-(

giga said:
Fire Hewitt.
i'll always have a soft spot for him because my freshman year at tech he and his motely band of players went all the way to the final game of the tourney before losing to uconn.

jakncoke

Banned
3 straight road games, 3 straight wins. In our program history this has occurred 12 times. Never have we came away with 3 wins, so that is nice. Especially considering 2 were ranked. 9th..psshh. my confidence is slowly growing.

DJ_Tet

Banned
truly101 said:
Anyone want to guess while I'm quoting myself here from 4 days ago?

I'm a GT alum and was nodding when I read your post 4 days ago. I knew they would lose this game.

They will probably beat UNC (although now that Klempsun is taking them to the woodshed UNC should be a little more focused.)

It's classic Tech though, I knew when they lost to Georgia that they were looking ahead to the Duke game. Same thing tonight. The team lacks focus and that reflects poorly on Hewitt, who is a great recruiter but a lousy coach.

Bowser

This team is fucking garbage. Strickland was the only player worth his salt tonight and he made plenty of mistakes as well. Can't wait for next season, damn.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Bowser said:
This team is fucking garbage. Strickland was the only player worth his salt tonight and he made plenty of mistakes as well. Can't wait for next season, damn.
Yep. Even though Ed is likely gone at the end of the season, it doesn't matter. This shit is horrible.

DY_nasty

Clemson deserves to get demoted to the Big 12 for storming the court like that.

impirius

Silkworm said:
Woo-hoo, join the club! Let's see if UF and SC can split their two games against each other. :p At least it'll be a fair fight :-D Have fun playing against all the height UK sports (UF sure did last night)! *sigh* :-(
Our teams have had a very nice series going over the past couple of years. I predict some very entertaining games, if nothing else!

DY_nasty

Azwethinkweiz said:
Now you're just bitter.
Not really. I'm more pissed at Roy Williams for not giving John Wall that scholarship spot one Ellington left and instead giving Drew the keys to the offense a year too early.

Still, storming the court is reserved for no name directional schools beating top 10 juggernaut power schools - not for conference play between two top 25 teams. You're better than that Clemson.
Aren't you?

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Horns looked pretty good again tonight.

I'm so used to taking a top 5 football program for granted that I don't know how to react to a good basketball team.

We've never been bad per se, but I've been going to UT basketball games since I was knee high to nothing and this is just mind blowing.

NewLib

Banned
DY_nasty said:
Not really. I'm more pissed at Roy Williams for not giving John Wall that scholarship spot one Ellington left and instead giving Drew the keys to the offense a year too early.

Pretty much the entire difference between Kentucky and North Carolina (they play fairly similar) is Kentucky has two players in Wall and Patterson who never seemed to get panicked and calm the team down so they can respond to runs. Basically North Carolina really needs a leader to step up and soon.

DJ_Tet

Banned
DY_nasty said:

Still, storming the court is reserved for no name directional schools beating top 10 juggernaut power schools - not for conference play between two top 25 teams. You're better than that Clemson.
Aren't you?

:lol

Exactly what has Klempsun ever accomplished in their basketball history that would make you think they are better than that?

That one year where Elden Campbell led them to the Elite Eight?

They have such a shitty record against the Heels that of course they stormed the court.

Of course, lol @ Klempsun for having to storm the court against a four loss team, that just really tells you about their program.

tldr: They aren't better than that.

DY_nasty

NewLib said:
Pretty much the entire difference between Kentucky and North Carolina (they play fairly similar) is Kentucky has two players in Wall and Patterson who never seemed to get panicked and calm the team down so they can respond to runs. Basically North Carolina really needs a leader to step up and soon.
We have leaders in Ginyard and Graves - but they are far from being the best players on the team and they don't control the ball enough to really matter as far as on the court decisions are concerned. Ed Davis actually does manage to control the game quite a bit, but he's no leader. Deon is puss.

I don't think anyone on the roster is going to step up. Maybe next year Strickland or Drew will take charge.

edit: ^:lol .

NewLib

Banned
DY_nasty said:
We have leaders in Ginyard and Graves - but they are far from being the best players on the team and they don't control the ball enough to really matter as far as on the court decisions are concerned. Ed Davis actually does manage to control the game quite a bit, but he's no leader. Deon is puss.

I don't think anyone on the roster is going to step up. Maybe next year Strickland or Drew will take charge.

edit: ^:lol .

Hasn't Ginyard been hurt though? He didnt look the same tonight. I think he makes a big difference with NC when he is playing well.

Graves might be a leader, but he has to improve his shooting. Sub .400 is terrible.

DY_nasty

NewLib said:
Hasn't Ginyard been hurt though? He didnt look the same tonight. I think he makes a big difference with NC when he is playing well.

Graves might be a leader, but he has to improve his shooting. Sub .400 is terrible.
Graves is probably the best shooter on the team too :lol

Ginyard... I don't know. Does he help? Yeah, but I doubt he's the answer.

DJ_Tet said:

Exactly what has Klempsun ever accomplished in their basketball history that would make you think they are better than that?

That one year where Elden Campbell led them to the Elite Eight?

They have such a shitty record against the Heels that of course they stormed the court.

Of course, lol @ Klempsun for having to storm the court against a four loss team, that just really tells you about their program.

tldr: They aren't better than that.

So much bitterness for a team you claim "isn't better than that." I can only assume all this hatred comes from the long history of us beating the crap out of you bozos in football.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
jakncoke said:
Utah St/Nevada game coming down to the wire

edit: lol turnover

edit2: Does the Great West get an automatic bid?

Nope.

From their wiki page.....

The conference currently does not have an automatic bid to NCAA post-season tournaments but the Great West Conference men's basketball tournament champion has an automatic bid to CollegeInsider.com Postseason Tournament (CIT).

DY_nasty

Azwethinkweiz said:
So much bitterness for a team you claim "isn't better than that." I can only assume all this hatred comes from the long history of us beating the crap out of you bozos in football.
Because ACC football matters. :lol

Hurricants > ACC football.

DJ_Tet

Banned
Azwethinkweiz said:

You can assume whatever you want. If you think I give a damn about Duke football though I'll probably laugh some more.

I have had fun at Klempsun football games, you guys have an awesome crowd (and campus and stadium.)

ps. If you were 'better than that' you wouldn't have rushed the court against a sub-par UNC team.

DJ_Tet said:

You can assume whatever you want. If you think I give a damn about Duke football though I'll probably laugh some more.

I have had fun at Klempsun football games, you guys have an awesome crowd (and campus and stadium.)

ps. If you were 'better than that' you wouldn't have rushed the court against a sub-par UNC team.

Like I said, I thought rushing the court was stupid. I just find it interesting that you're focusing on something as trivial as that as opposed to the fact that you lost by 19 to a Clemson team that lost to Duke by 21.

Bowser

Azwethinkweiz said:
Like I said, I thought rushing the court was stupid. I just find it interesting that you're focusing on something as trivial as that as opposed to the fact that you lost by 19 to a Clemson team that lost to Duke by 21.

Let me let you in on a little secret:
DJ_Tet's a dookie

DJ_Tet

Banned

I just realized he thinks I'm a tarhole. I couldn't have been happier for Klempsun last night. I even understand why they stormed the court.

giga

040723_MNightShyamalan_bcol_2p.widec.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom