• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Basketball 2009-2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seth C

Apparently ole Roy can't win with anything less than 2 full squads of McDonald's All-Americans.

Tamanon said:
So, UNC drops to #15?

Both losses would be to ranked teams, so really that's just like a win. So yeah, maybe 15/16. I kid. They will drop farther than that, but not out of the top 20. If they come back to win this game they won't fall more than 1 or 2 spots.

jjasper

I wonder when the last time 2 ranked sec teams played? When Vandy upset us when we were #1?

Anyway we missed every thing and are only down 5 at the half, not too bad I guess.

NewLib

Banned
jjasper said:
I wonder when the last time 2 ranked sec teams played? When Vandy upset us when we were #1?

Anyway we missed every thing and are only down 5 at the half, not too bad I guess.

It was actually Vanderbilt v. Miss State which happened a week later. Still almost two years.

jakncoke

Banned
hate that Pitt wasn't on today. looks like we had to have a comeback with lil time left as well. That would have been intense to watch, at least we came away with a W

DJ_Tet

Banned
DJ_Tet said:
I'm a GT alum and was nodding when I read your post 4 days ago. I knew they would lose this game.

They will probably beat UNC (although now that Klempsun is taking them to the woodshed UNC should be a little more focused.)

It's classic Tech though, I knew when they lost to Georgia that they were looking ahead to the Duke game. Same thing tonight. The team lacks focus and that reflects poorly on Hewitt, who is a great recruiter but a lousy coach.

:lol

Classic Tech

That was an exciting finish though, nice comeback by the Heels. I thought the Ed Davis turnover was huge, Tech was nearly in a position to have to start fouling to extend the game.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Seth C said:
What an amazing and courageous comeback from North Carolina! I think they deserve to move up a spot in the rankings.
Glad we're on the same page.

Seth C

DY_nasty said:
Glad we're on the same page.

I'm sure the voters will see it our way as well. And when it comes time to seed the tournament, I have complete confidence that UNC will play the first 2 rounds in the state of North Carolina*.

* I actually don't believe the state of North Carolina is hosting any tournament games this year, surprisingly.

DY_nasty

Seth C said:
I'm sure the voters will see it our way as well. And when it comes time to seed the tournament, I have complete confidence that UNC will play the first 2 rounds in the state of North Carolina.
u mad?

DJ_Tet

Banned
The Lawal 'elbow' was hardly egregious. Roy Williams is the biggest drama queen coach out there today. It wasn't a dirty play, it was barely a foul.

DY_nasty

DJ_Tet said:
The Lawal 'elbow' was hardly egregious. Roy Williams is the biggest drama queen coach out there today. It wasn't a dirty play, it was barely a foul.
If only Roy was cool with Thuggery like the other UNC coaches...

Seth C

Bowser said:
He won't be until Calamari's Final Four is eventually vacated.

Weren't you guys supposed to join us at 2000 wins about a month ago? I'll be sure to throw you a party next season when you finally get there. If anyone should be mad it is UNC fans. Your coach can't manage to win a game with 7 McDonald's all-Americans. That is mind blowing. Even Tubby Smith could win championships with that kind of team.

Seth C said:
Weren't you guys supposed to join us at 2000 wins about a month ago? I'll be sure to throw you a party next season when you finally get there. If anyone should be mad it is UNC fans. Your coach can't manage to win a game with 7 McDonald's all-Americans. That is mind blowing. Even Tubby Smith could win championships with that kind of team.

3rd degree burrnnnnnnnn

Seth C

Rolio said:
guess no one's watching A&M v Texas. aggs are up by 2 with 4 min. to go, on espn u

I would, but ESPNU games are basically the only games in the whole world not to be streamed on ESPN360.

Seth C

Byakuya769 said:
Yep, he's just fueling the fire for the eventual blow up though.

I never start the shit. I may join in but I never instigate the trash talking. And if Cal gets Kentucky in trouble I will be right here to take my lumps and eat my crow.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
All you sheep fans who had such fun with our misery in 2007, guess what? Your turn. Better hope VCU ain't in your bracket come March. At least you came back from almost 20 down.

roycry.jpg

A&M fucking had that game. screw you Texas, preventing "omg-why-cant-we-keep-a-losing-team-down" UK from claiming the 1 spot.

tis been a fun day for college basketball, thats for sure.

Seth C

kkaabboomm said:
A&M fucking had that game. screw you Texas, preventing "omg-why-cant-we-keep-a-losing-team-down" UK from claiming the 1 spot.

We could have been the worst undefeated #1 team in history! Oh well.

kkaabboomm said:

Just got back from A&M vs. UT. We NEVER LEAD DURING ANY TIME IN REGULATION, but still won!:lol

@ kkabboomm- looks like we could say the same thing about Auburn. I did find it ironic that both teams ( KU and Texas ) won their games 72-67

Seth C

perfectchaos007 said:
Just got back from A&M vs. UT. We NEVER LEAD DURING ANY TIME IN REGULATION, but still won!:lol

@ kkabboomm- looks like we could say the same thing about Auburn. I did find it ironic that both teams ( KU and Texas ) won their games 72-67

Difference is, you never led in regulation and needed an OT to win. Kentucky never trailed Auburn the entire game. So similar outcome, but slightly different path to get there.

DJ_Tet

Banned
Seth C said:
I never start the shit. I may join in but I never instigate the trash talking. And if Cal gets Kentucky in trouble I will be right here to take my lumps and eat my crow.

Don't know about never. If you never started shit I wouldn't know who you were :lol

You don't start shit anymore though I'll give you that :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom