• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Basketball 2009-2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
lakesideflight said:
what'd he do? bad foul or something?

Also, how did sparty end up winning their game, I didn't see the end but at one point minnesota was leading by 12 or 13.

He didnt do anything, at the beginning of the game he did a 360 dunk on a breakaway and they chanted asshole at him the whole first half. but now toward the end of the 2nd while he was shooting free throws they start the fuck you chant.

Seth C

lakesideflight said:
what'd he do? bad foul or something?

Also, how did sparty end up winning their game, I didn't see the end but at one point minnesota was leading by 12 or 13.

I'll give you a hint: TLT

DJ_Tet

Banned
bucknuticus said:
Nice classless WVU fans, chanting Fuck you Turner. I would be embarrassed if I was associated with the University to have the whole student section chanting the F word at a 20 year old kid.

I don't think anyone has ever accused WVU fans of having class. Mix that with Huggins and you get a bad recipe.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
perfectchaos007 said:
Okay Texas lets not get a 2 game losing streak here. These guys don't even have a coach.

We got fucked at the beginning of this half. Dogus picked up two completely BS fouls fighting off screens and our defense has taken a hit.

StoOgE

Thank you for calling a timeout Rick.

UConn is on a 16-2 run. It's about time you did your fucking job and decided to coach.

Two straight games this guy has acted like a lost fucking puppy when things turned bad.

The team plays fucking out of control when things start going badly and he doesn't seem to do anything to discourage it.

I know Rick has made us a top program.. he can develop talent, recruit well and is about as good a gameday coach as a pile of rocks.

StoOgE

perfectchaos007 said:
I think the road games just flusters our guys. Rick Barnes does a terrible job coaching.

Fluster us?

We are playing like dog shit in the 2nd half. That is two straight games on the road against inferior talent where we are getting outplayed. Not just slighty outplayed. We look like we have no idea what we are doing. Throwing the ball away, allowing a shitload of fast break points, stupid fucking fouls, missing freethrows. Missing uncontested layups.

We have done NOTHING right in the last 8 minutes of two straight games.

Rick Barnes is a fucking miserable gameday coach. Other than an overtime win against a bad aggy team we have only won blowouts all year.

DJ_Tet

Banned
The YUKON I saw earlier against Duke has no business beating the Texas team I saw earlier this year. Can't watch this game but I am very surprised at the outcome.

edit: Of course by that same token, Texas outlasting UNC doesn't seem as impressive as it was at the time, either.

StoOgE

perfectchaos007 said:
Texas can beat anyone at home or neutral site. Ricky Barnes just doesn't know how to calm his team or an away crowd down!

Who have we beaten at home this year?

Our big wins are against MSU and UNC teams that were over-rated. We have played like dog shit since then.

I want to think we are a good team too, but all evidence points to the contrary. We've been KILLED in the last two games. Outplayed by an Aggy team who 1) isn't good and 2) has lost their best players for the season.

We're a 4-5 seed at best who is going to be seeded way too high because our schedule is a joke.

Uk beat Arkansas by 31 (101-70).
We are now 19-0, the last remaining undefeated team, and will rise to #1 in the polls come Monday afternoon.

NIT to #1 in 10 months. We're back.

StoOgE

Good job Rick.

8 point halftime lead to a 14 point loss. Pretty fucking impressive.

And Uconn is storming the court why exactly? Team with multiple national titles beat a horribly overrated team that has lost twice in a row.

StoOgE said:
Good job Rick.

8 point halftime lead to a 14 point loss. Pretty fucking impressive.

And Uconn is storming the court why exactly? Team with multiple national titles beat a horribly overrated team that has lost twice in a row.

lol, storming the court has lost all meaning now. This year particularly it seems to have occurred more often.

DJ_Tet

Banned
:lol YUKON stormed the court

how the 'mighty' have fallen

edit: holy crap at UGA

The tournament this year is going to be crazy! I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a 'George Mason' type run this year from some mid-major. It seems that every team is flawed (yes even UK has two freshman PGs even though they are both playing lights out right now.)

Seth C

bucsfan0210 said:
Yeah Cats!!
Today we prove Seth C wrong.
At South Carolina we will prove Seth D wrong (He predicted UK's first loss at SC)
Go Cats!

Dude, I was going for the reverse jinx. But now that I've said it I can't do it anymore.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
We have Clemson tonight, FSU wednesday I believe (and they play us tough) followed by Gtown this coming weekend. This could be a rough patch for us, same token, it could galvanize the team. Still, good thing ME2 drops in a couple of days.

EDIT: It should come as no surprise that the wuffies no show at College Park, at least try to care on Tuesday when the sheep come to town.

jjasper

kkaabboomm said:
edit: so Tennessee lost, eh? chism got hurt (jj said something about his knee?)

Yeah he came back in but while he was out Georgia went on a 12-0 run and since UGA was shooting like 60% from 3 the game was over from there

boogietooth.jpg

UK's Cousin's apparently had his tooth/teeth knocked during the Arkansas game - i didn't know this till after the game because they didn't announce it at Rupp and it didn't seem to affect his game

Karakand

StoOgE said:
Thank you for calling a timeout Rick.

UConn is on a 16-2 run. It's about time you did your fucking job and decided to coach.

Two straight games this guy has acted like a lost fucking puppy when things turned bad.

The team plays fucking out of control when things start going badly and he doesn't seem to do anything to discourage it.

I know Rick has made us a top program.. he can develop talent, recruit well and is about as good a gameday coach as a pile of rocks.
Barnes-y is pretty much awful BUT for a big school with not much tradition in a high population state he's not a horrible fit.

AnnHog said:
Holy shit @ florida. What a crazy ending
parsons. again. it's good though, because UK beat florida, so florida winning makes our win look better. and now south carolina is upset and sad so when UK goes there on tuesday, they are still depressed, instead of being pumped up and full of emotion after winning on the road.

SEC-east.

clav

Outdoor Miner said:
We lose to NU to go 12-8 on the year.

NIT is the goal now. Unreal.
Close game man. NU lost one at Illinois at home during the Big Ten opener.

Illinois will need to win its next three games.

I still have last year's home game against Illinois scarred in my head as I was in the student section screaming my head off the enitre game. Such a heartbreaker.

Now Northwestern is in the driver's seat to its first NCAA bid!

NewLib

Banned
I dont know what to think of the college basketball landscape this season.

Kentucky, Kansas, Villanova, and Syracuse look like the top 4 teams but I think Texas and Duke might have enough to belong in that group as well. I think after those 6 teams there is a bit of a gap before you get to Michigan State, Purdue, Pittsburgh, West Virginia, and some of the others.

Edit: I think Syracuse is probably the #1 team.

kkaabboomm said:
UK's Cousin's apparently had his tooth/teeth knocked during the Arkansas game - i didn't know this till after the game because they didn't announce it at Rupp and it didn't seem to affect his game

His two front teeth were already fake, so I don't think it was a major shock that would affect how he was playing.

kkaabboomm said:
you look like a bucs fan to me...

Its just the screen name i have been using since I was about 9. Easy to remember. Trust me I bleed blue.

andycapps

Glad that UGA pulled off the upset against Tennessee this weekend. Considering how poor the talent is on UGA I think that Fox is doing a pretty good job for his first year there. Once he's able to get some good talent in there I'd love to see what he can do.

Meier

Watched the game yesterday... still a bit surprised we pulled out the W considering how many open shots we missed. Our offense is just so damn spotty and inconsistent but the D typically finds a way to make the other teams look bad too. Interesting that Tech remained ranked while we're just outside the top 25 (26 in both). FSU is probably not a top 25 team though at the moment until we can learn to develop a bit of consistency on the offensive side of things.

I am still am flabbergasted about blowing it to NCSU -- that was just bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom