• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Basketball 2009-2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seth C

truly101 said:
All the NC ACC schools would want to be in the same division, the rest of the league would not allow that because nobody would care about the division that doesn't have Duke or UNC in it.

I think the national championships in the SEC are 9 for the East and 1 for the West, sooo...

mrbagdt

love all the game updates, im a kstater living in louisiana and im working nights right now so this is great stuff, appreciate it!

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
perfectchaos007 said:
I figured we would be down at half, we usually are, but not by double digits >.<

The good news is, we played as poorly as we possibly could and are only down 10.

StoOgE

Could ESPN design a PIP that takes up more of the screen?

I like my 50" plasma being turned into a 30" screen.

StoOgE

Bob Knight is an idiot..

Both teams were playing better in the first half?

Really?

Kstate? Sure.

Texas.. yeah, no.

NewLib

Banned
Martin had a right to be livid after that foul call a few minutes ago. Pittman was basically bear hugging two guys when they were trying to get to the rebound.

NewLib

Banned
MCGRUDER DOING THE DIRTY WORK WHEN NO ONE ELSE WANTS TO

MCGRUDER FINDING HIS TEAMMATES AND MAKING THE PLAYS

MCGRUDER HE IS THE ONLY REASON K STATE IS WINNING

MCGRUDER

Owen

NewLib said:
MCGRUDER DOING THE DIRTY WORK WHEN NO ONE ELSE WANTS TO

MCGRUDER FINDING HIS TEAMMATES AND MAKING THE PLAYS

MCGRUDER HE IS THE ONLY REASON K STATE IS WINNING

MCGRUDER

I wouldn't go that far. But he's been great.

jakncoke said:
serious post or being sarcastic ? If serious, I dunno anyone who grabs their nabs after getting the wind knocked outta of them :lol

I also liked when the crowd was chanting "bullshit, bullshit" and the commentators just sat there silent. :lol

StoOgE

Yeah, if we could make uncontested layups or free throws we would be winning this game.

The amount of wide open bullshit we can't hit is amazing.

Seth C

perfectchaos007 said:
well at least we get to enjoy being #1 for another week unitl the next rankings come out

Woooo! Kentucky gets to be the worst undefeated 19-0 #1 team in the history of college basketball!*

*Unless we lose to Arkansas, which we probably will now.

Seth C said:
Woooo! Kentucky gets to be the worst undefeated 19-0 #1 team in the history of college basketball!*

*Unless we lose to Arkansas, which we probably will now.

Arkansas is not a bad team. They have Fortenson back and he's getting back into shape

What is with KState? They beat us in EVERYTHING! I swear, its really the only team I fear playing in the football season, and apparently the basketball season as well.

Seth C

mrbagdt said:
what chant is that? someone fouling out? im at work :(

OVER RATED
OVER RATED
OVER RATED

When you're #9 and playing at home, you can beat the #1 team. That's just the way it works.

...now if you are unranked I don't mind.

mrbagdt

Seth C said:
OVER RATED
OVER RATED
OVER RATED

When you're #9 and playing at home, you can beat the #1 team. That's just the way it works.

...now if you are unranked I don't mind.
well... i dont really have any defensible position about that. i suppose it is some pent up annoyance that we hold against KU and TX for their somewhat cream-puff filled preseason schedules?

i am honestly kind of annoyed that so many people are cheering for kstate now. when i was in college from 01-06, the place was almost always empty in non-conference play and only a few big 12 games were packed. now the place has a completely different atmosphere. i just wish that it didnt seem like such a bandwagon effect, i want us to have a good basketball crowd regardless!

mrbagdt said:
well... i dont really have any defensible position about that. i suppose it is some pent up annoyance that we hold against KU and TX for their somewhat cream-puff filled preseason schedules?
i am honestly kind of annoyed that so many people are cheering for kstate now. when i was in college from 01-06, the place was almost always empty in non-conference play and only a few big 12 games were packed. now the place has a completely different atmosphere. i just wish that it didnt seem like such a bandwagon effect, i want us to have a good basketball crowd regardless!

Speaking for Texas we have played UNC, Michigan State, Pitt?? We have U-Conn in a few days. We don't cream puff our schedule.

Now some of these teams I mentioned turned out to be not as strong as advertised, but we can't control that

Well ahearn days were rockin. Lon kruger days were good but there was a lul during asbury and whoolridge but when hugs came it woke ppl up and beasley and walker even more. But i totally agree it should be packed always but im happy the fan support is there now. It will be rockin for gameday game vs ku

mrbagdt

you guys are probably right about texas not having a super-easy-non-conference schedule, i dont follow these things all that much and was just taking a guess. i just remember hearing lots of people saying that about KU and wondered if that was the case with them as well.

ksuvstexassp011810rs000.jpg

jwXPx

ncb_a_kstatewin_576.jpg

SyNapSe

mrbagdt said:
i suppose it is some pent up annoyance that we hold against KU and TX for their somewhat cream-puff filled preseason schedules?

I just went to check how bad KU's schedule is ranked but hey we are #31 in SOS! Much better than I thought it'd be.

I looked through other teams at the top of the RPI and it's pretty easy to see why the top teams rack up a huge amount of wins. Never play anyone in the non-con in a true road game!

non-con road games for top teams
Syracuse - 0 true road games in the non-con
Kentucky - 1 true road game @ Indiana
Texas - @Rice and @Arkansas. 2-0
Wisconsin - 1 road game @UW-Green Bay and they lost in OT
West Virginia - 1 road game @ Cleveland State
Kstate - 1 road game @ UNLV. Big win
Georgetown - 2 road games @Tulane and @Savannah State :rolleyes
Pitt - 1 road game @Duquesne
Duke - 1 true road game (loss to Wisc. in the b10-acc challenge) 15-2 overall. 15-0 in home/neutral, 0-2 in true road games.
Kansas - 3 road games @temple, @Tennessee, @UCLA.

SyNapSe said:
I just went to check how bad KU's schedule is ranked but hey we are #31 in SOS! Much better than I thought it'd be.

I looked through other teams at the top of the RPI and it's pretty easy to see why the top teams rack up a huge amount of wins. Never play anyone in the non-con in a true road game!

non-con road games for top teams
Syracuse - 0 true road games in the non-con
Kentucky - 1 true road game @ Indiana
Texas - @Rice and @Arkansas. 2-0
Wisconsin - 1 road game @UW-Green Bay and they lost in OT
West Virginia - 1 road game @ Cleveland State
Kstate - 1 road game @ UNLV. Big win
Georgetown - 2 road games @Tulane and @Savannah State :rolleyes
Pitt - 1 road game @Duquesne
Duke - 1 true road game (loss to Wisc. in the b10-acc challenge) 15-2 overall. 15-0 in home/neutral, 0-2 in true road games.
Kansas - 3 road games @temple, @Tennessee, @UCLA.

Sad. At least they can't hide at home in conference play. That's where the pretenders are exposed.

NewLib

Banned
Yeah I dont think Kansas' schedule was particularly bad. Temple and Tennessee are good teams and they played them both on the road.

UK also did play UConn in MSG which was essentially a road game. UK will play much tougher schedules in future years as Calipari was still dealing with the Gillespie type schedule. I know that he wants to set up a home and home with either Cincinnati or West Virginia and a home/home with one of the big teams (Duke (LOL of them ever going on the road outside of Big 10/ACC), Texas, Kansas, Michigan State, etc.))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom