• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Basketball 2009-2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjasper

Dear Cal,
In a competitive conference you must actually attempt to coach during the game, especially on the road when things aren't going your way.

Your biggest fan,
jjasper

DJ_Tet

Banned
Seth C said:
Surely you don't believe this shit? Someone would have seen it, and he would be in a ton of trouble. It would be public.

Not that I believe it, but let's give the story more than 5 hours for ESPN to pick it up. They have important things to cover, like that Brett Favre guy.

Seth C

DJ_Tet said:
Not that I believe it, but let's give the story more than 5 hours for ESPN to pick it up. They have important things to cover, like that Brett Favre guy.

First off, the fans aren't supposed to be on the court for a reason. People can be injured, both fans and players. Second, if the 280 lb. Cousins had hit some random fan with two "uppercuts" as the story claims, dude would have been laid out on the court with a broken jaw and would require immediate medical attention.

Dragon

Banned
Kentucky = overrated with their piss poor non conference schedule and the turnover machine John Wall. Cousins is ridiculous.

Go Nova! C'mon Kansas, you lose on Saturday!

Seth C

devilhawk said:
Shoving people that are on the court I understand more than a punch. Hard to know without proof.

The story actually says Cousins delivered "a series of uppercuts". It just sounds absurd and unbelievable.

Seth C

devilhawk said:
If it was anyone other than Cousins no one would even give the rumor a passing thought.

I just finished watching several videos of the end of the game. Cousins took the last shot of the game. He was already at half court when time expired and he can be seen leaving the court. This story is just stupid. And yes, Cousins is the biggest thug in the world, which is why when his two front teeth were broken off during the last game he retaliated so fiercely. Haha.

Karakand

GreekWolf said:
I took a self-imposed sabbatical until slick willie lost, and now I'm finally cashing in my chips.

It's all smiles tonight in Memphis, Tennessee :D
If I had access to YouTube on this network I would post the Welcome Back, Kotter theme.

SyNapSe

beelzebozo said:
that seems excessive. but i guess the SEC agreed to it, so what can you say?

25k isn't much really. I'm sure knocking off the #1 team was worth more than 25k in recruiting costs, exposure, etc.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Ok guys, let's just give up completely against a team shooting 73% for the game with 10 minutes left and let them extend a 10 point lead to a 20+ lead via stealing the ball every play and getting easy layups. I understand the officiating has been terrible (51 foul calls and counting), but this is just absurd. This is on par with last year's game against Clemson in terms of embarrassment. Let's hope we can move on with a convincing win against Georgia Tech.

ezrarh

jakncoke said:
too bad Cuse' didn't lose to Depaul that would have been :lol

It would probably would have been the biggest upset this season. My heart skipped a couple beats when Walker shot that 3 at the end of the game.

NewLib

Banned
Kentucky is up 15 over Vandy at half but this game is ridiculous. 30 FOUL CALLS in the FIRST HALF. 13 players have 2 or more fouls.

Seth C

NewLib said:
Kentucky is up 15 over Vandy at half but this game is ridiculous. 30 FOUL CALLS in the FIRST HALF. 13 players have 2 or more fouls.

And to start the second half we are on pace for 60.

Seth C

NewLib said:
This is the worst officiating I have ever seen. Seriously, the refs have completely ruined this game both teams.

They have certainly made it completely boring. 49 personal fouls (one the technical on Cousins) and a technical on Stallings. I mean damn, refs, swallow the whistle once. You fouled out one guy on each team with 8 minutes to play on incidental away from the ball contact. :lol We know you're there! We see you. It's okay.

SyNapSe

hmm baylor vs tejas in OT @ TEJAXICO.

Baylor is way tougher this year than in the past couple when they just had a bunch of mcD type guards. All of their big guys are frickin long. acy, udoh, johnson

SyNapSe

I'd rather play UK in a 1 and done to make the tourney than Baylor.

Cousins is a monster and as good as Wall can be, I'm not sure he's better at the collegiate level.

SyNapSe

You don't suck, baylor is just becoming really tough. Some of your early wins against teams like the Heels (rebuilding) and the Spartans (midgets) threw expectations out of line. You still have a lot of young guards, etc. and some serious beef inside.

NewLib

Banned
Cousins should be a First Team All American. Wall has really gotten overhyped and hasnt played great in a month. Honestly the lineup for All American should be Collins, Reynolds, Turner, Johnson, and Cousins.

SyNapSe

We'll be lucky to sneak a win out in this one. It woulda been nice if we could have played them when they were so cold from outside but Pullen went crazy @ baylor.

Tough loss for Cal today at Arizona. It was a close game the whole way, but they couldn't pull it out at the end. Cal and Arizona are tied on top of the Pac-10 at 6-3 at the halfway point of the conference schedule.

Bowser

Yep, we're NIT bound. I didn't even watch the game closely, had a group assignment to do anyway. Never would have missed a game last year though.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Outdoor Miner said:
North Carolina-Illinois for the NIT Final. A rematch of the '05 National Championship!

You better watch out. The horns are doing all they can to work their way to the championship game.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
SyNapSe said:
You don't suck, baylor is just becoming really tough. Some of your early wins against teams like the Heels (rebuilding) and the Spartans (midgets) threw expectations out of line. You still have a lot of young guards, etc. and some serious beef inside.

We also almost lost to A&M. Probably should have. Tech was outplaying us for most of the day last week

Our big men in the middle aren't doing shit. At least not Pittman. He keeps getting in foul trouble.

Our young guards are worthless unless Dogus is on the floor with them. Once he leaves a game we go to complete shit.

We are also not playing defense in the 2nd half for some reason.

This team has completely lost it. We have a shitload of talent. If Barnes can get them to start playing and not reverting to street ball/throwing up 3s again we can make a deep run.

We also need to trim our rotation. We are playing too many players and none of them can get in a rhythm.

jjasper

:lol Damn I just watch the highlights and realized that CBS had the score wrong at the end of the game and that layup Florida missed at the end would have won it not tied it. That would have sucked. Oh well good thing Parsons blew his load early. Someone should just draft that kid sit him at the end of the bench and bring him in at the end of a game to shoot the winning shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom