• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Basketball 2009-2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
:lol

stupid duke fan has her sign upside down getting clowned by the commentators

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
SHe's as stupid as the team on the court she pulls for. We suck on the road, suck suck suck, we're fucking terrible and heartless. I want to go ahead and lose the first weekend of the dance and get this season over with. The sooner this year ends, the sooner Irving suits up at PG. And thats not soon enough. Fucking heartless clowns.

buckeyefan

Neo Member
Just got back from the OSU Purdue game... heart breaker to say the least. Our guys played hard, overall it was a fun game to watch.

clav

And Northwestern blows its chances to a bubble bid to the NCAA tournament by losing to Penn State, its first Big 10 win.

Great!

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
perfectchaos007 said:
:(

I hate facing reality

The funny thing is, we do a lot of shit right.

I mean, we shot less than 50% from the stripe... our turnover to assist ratio was crap and we still almost won on the road.

If we could fucking hit free throws we probably win 4 more games than we have and are a top 5 team. I mean, Hamilton is an 85% FT shooter for his career and he is hovering around 50% this year.

Woohooo! Mizzou proves they can actually win a game even when the 3 isn't falling at all! Here's to hoping that UT doesn't completely implode so this still looks impressive come March.

StoOgE

Amibguous Cad said:
Woohooo! Mizzou proves they can actually win a game even when the 3 isn't falling at all! Here's to hoping that UT doesn't completely implode so this still looks impressive come March.

Are you paying attention?

We completely imploded a month ago and the win already doesn't impress anyone.

We have lost 6 of 9.

The only reason we aren't a laughing stock right now is because Uconn and UNC are worse.

and as bad as Uconn has been they still managed to beat us a few weeks back.

DJ_Tet

Banned
truly101 said:
SHe's as stupid as the team on the court she pulls for. We suck on the road, suck suck suck, we're fucking terrible and heartless. I want to go ahead and lose the first weekend of the dance and get this season over with. The sooner this year ends, the sooner Irving suits up at PG. And thats not soon enough. Fucking heartless clowns.

:lol

That sounds like me in 1995.

This team isn't that bad, I will be sad when this team loses in the dance just because it will be Scheyer's last game. That kid has hit some big shots and has a lot of heart, I'll miss watching him play.

Nice to see Singler come on a little bit recently, we'll need him if we are to do anything in March. Also great to see Zoo play well these last couple of games, would be nice to see him become an xfactor down the stretch.

StoOgE said:

We have lost 6 of 9.

The only reason we aren't a laughing stock right now is because Uconn and UNC are worse.

Eh, you guys were still in the top 25 as of this week. More respect than we get. Not anywhere near as impressive as when we were expecting to defend the court against a top-5 team, but still one of the more impressive wins on our schedule.

Canova

Banned
StoOgE said:
News flash: Texas still sucks.

What happened to Texas.

I don't need further proof, Rick Barnes is the most overrated coach in college basketball. year in year out he has one of the best talents in the nations, all that amount to nothing

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
claviertekky said:
And Northwestern blows its chances to a bubble bid to the NCAA tournament by losing to Penn State, its first Big 10 win.

Great!

Michigan fans still seem to think we have a chance. I'm of the mind that if you guys don't get in the Big Ten will only get 5 in the dance. The only shot we have is for you guys to keep losing and us to win out. It would take a minor miracle to get a win at either OSU or MSU. Winning at both place just isn't going to happen.

clav

Brian Fellows said:
Michigan fans still seem to think we have a chance. I'm of the mind that if you guys don't get in the Big Ten will only get 5 in the dance. The only shot we have is for you guys to keep losing and us to win out. It would take a minor miracle to get a win at either OSU or MSU. Winning at both place just isn't going to happen.
Northwestern fans are already saying NIT, so I don't know what you Michigan fans are still thinking.

:/

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
claviertekky said:
Northwestern fans are already saying NIT, so I don't know what you Michigan fans are still thinking.

:/

I think 9-9 in the Big Ten and 21/22 wins will get you guys in. Plus you guys will make for one hell of a story having never made the tournament before.

StoOgE

canova said:
What happened to Texas.

I don't need further proof, Rick Barnes is the most overrated coach in college basketball. year in year out he has one of the best talents in the nations, all that amount to nothing

Everyone figured out our PG can't shoot the ball.. and our other starting gaurd only shoots when he drives... and Dexter Pittman is fat and can't move with the ball.

Basically 3 of our starters are completely inept when you either 1) force them to shoot. 2) Take away their driving lane. 3) Deny him the ball/body him up under the basket.

It has led Barnes to playing the 3 more talented freshman who keep making mistakes.

Also, we can't shoot free throws.

jagowar

StoOgE said:
Everyone figured out our PG can't shoot the ball.. and our other starting gaurd only shoots when he drives... and Dexter Pittman is fat and can't move with the ball.

Basically 3 of our starters are completely inept when you either 1) force them to shoot. 2) Take away their driving lane. 3) Deny him the ball/body him up under the basket.

Its the combination of the two thats hurting yall... A&M's PG (dash harris) doesn't shoot either but we are playing pretty well w/o a big contribution from him. We were also hurting at the beginning of the season before ray turner got in and gave us a 3 man big rotation (to help bryan davis and david loubeau). We were trying to do what yall do in only having 1 good big in the game at a time. FT's are inexcusable though. Those are free points being left on the court (we had a big problem with them too earlier in the season.... cost us some games early in the season). James can only do so much.

Going to be interesting to see how yall end the season.... @tech is a tough place to go (even though they are not a great team this year.... they play far better at home). Then next weekend I hope you lay an egg so we can get an easy win at reed. Still annoyed we blew that game in austin earlier this season.

Gophers upset Wisconsin. YES!!! Now we need to beat Indiana and we'll be back in consideration(7-7 Conference). Minnesota could easily be 9-4 and in contention for the Big Ten title if we didn't lose two OT games on the road(Ind, NW) and blow a 13 point 2nd half lead against Mich. State(without our starting PG who is academically inelligible), as they beat us by one point.

ErasureAcer said:
Gophers upset Wisconsin. YES!!! Now we need to beat Indiana and we'll be back in consideration(7-7 Conference). Minnesota could easily be 9-4 and in contention for the Big Ten title if we didn't lose two OT games on the road(Ind, NW) and blow a 13 point 2nd half lead against Mich. State(without our starting PG who is academically inelligible), as they beat us by one point.

Congrats! If the Gophers could somehow beat Purdue I would be very, very happy.

ccbfan

StoOgE said:

We have lost 6 of 9.

Uconn's one off those teams that every 1,2,3,4,5 seed are sweating that they make the tourney.

They are capable of beating anyone in non-fluke fashion as they've shown in games against UK, SU, Nova, Georgetown, and Texas (Really close games and games they won). They have also shown they can lose to anyone in the Cinci, Michigan, Depaul games.

Personally I think they would be a perfect 11. Or even better a 9, 10 seed in Duke's bracket.

DY_nasty

Bowser said:
The sooner Ginyard and Thompson graduate and Graves can be relegated to the bench, the team will be that much better.
At least Henson has a future.

The jury is still out on Zeller and the twins though.

Bowser

DY_nasty said:
At least Henson has a future.

The jury is still out on Zeller and the twins though.

Zeller wasn't bad (save for that one stretch when he went up by himself and inexplicably try to lay in the ball and then threw the ball to no one on the ensuing possession), he just needs to get his feet under him (left several shots short) after missing 10 games. The Wear twins, I'm not quite sure why Roy recruited them (and I'm also not sure how both were named McD's AAs...probably wouldn't have been had they committed elsewhere). I'm hoping next season's lineup looks like this:

Drew II/Marshall
Strickland/Bullock/McDonald
Barnes/Graves/McDonald
Zeller/Henson/Wear
Davis/Zeller/Wear

DY_nasty

Bowser said:
Zeller wasn't bad (save for that one stretch when he went up by himself and inexplicably try to lay in the ball and then threw the ball to no one on the ensuing possession), he just needs to get his feet under him (left several shots short) after missing 10 games. The Wear twins, I'm not quite sure why Roy recruited them (and I'm also not sure how both were named McD's AAs...probably wouldn't have been had they committed elsewhere). I'm hoping next season's lineup looks like this:

Drew II/Marshall
Strickland/Bullock/McDonald
Barnes/Graves/McDonald
Zeller/Henson/Wear
Davis/Zeller/Wear
Drew and Strickland on the court at the same time makes my head spin, in a bad way. Drew is a horrible point guard, he just doesn't have the feel for it. He'd be a decent combo off the bench but he hasn't proven once that he can actually be a run a offense for a full game. If he's starting... UGH. I hope Barnes lives up to the hype. Zeller probably will be better though, he hasn't been healthy - ever.

StoOgE

jagowar said:
Its the combination of the two thats hurting yall... A&M's PG (dash harris) doesn't shoot either but we are playing pretty well w/o a big contribution from him. We were also hurting at the beginning of the season before ray turner got in and gave us a 3 man big rotation (to help bryan davis and david loubeau). We were trying to do what yall do in only having 1 good big in the game at a time. FT's are inexcusable though. Those are free points being left on the court (we had a big problem with them too earlier in the season.... cost us some games early in the season). James can only do so much.

Going to be interesting to see how yall end the season.... @tech is a tough place to go (even though they are not a great team this year.... they play far better at home). Then next weekend I hope you lay an egg so we can get an easy win at reed. Still annoyed we blew that game in austin earlier this season.

You really should have beaten us. You just turned the ball over way way way too much at the end of the game against us.

Texas has some real on the floor weaknesses this season, but we have enough talent to overcome them. What is really honestly killing us is FT shooting. We are shooting well under 50% since Big 12 play started. We go into the last 3-4 minutes of most of our losses with the game extremely close. Within a few points.. but then we can't fucking buy a FT. It's hard to win close games at the end when both teams are inevitably shooting FTs.. one team makes them, the other team whiffs on them consistently.

I think we are leaving 15 points or so a night that we should be making at the line. Very frustrating.. especially when several of the guys that can't hit FT are great shooters. If it was just Dogus, Dex, etc that were missing it would be one thing.. but we have several guys on the team that are shooting a higher 3pt % than they are FT %.

I am convinced that this teams struggles are almost entirely mental at this point and it just becomes a snowball effect. Barnes is in a tough position.. he has an entire team of guys who are playing scared. This late in the season I don't know what the answer is.

Honestly, we would have been better off losing one of those earlier games that were close. I think the team got to number 1 undefeated and was feeling invincible. Especially after the back to back wins against UNC and Mich St... Then lost two tough games (Kstate, Uconn) back to back and never recovered from those losses.

Really is a punch in the gut. This is the first time since TJ Ford was in Austin that I really thought we might have a chance at winning the whole thing. We've had other very good teams with Boobie Gibson, lamarcus Aldridge and a lot of talent when we had Augustin and Durant.. but through the first half of this season I really thought we might be the best team in the country. To see it unravel so quickly has been very disappointing.

That was a huge fucking slice of home-cooking pie we got dealt. I'll take that pie and eat it if the game is out of reach, but the refs literally won that game for Purdue. Fuck you piece of shit Big10 refs. Worst in the country.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Outdoor Miner said:
That was a huge fucking slice of home-cooking pie we got dealt. I'll take that pie and eat it if the game is out of reach, but the refs literally won that game for Purdue. Fuck you piece of shit Big10 refs. Worst in the country.

Yeah you guys got jobbed pretty good. Chris Kramer is flopping little bitch.

Outdoor Miner said:
Yeah, I thought they might beat us straight up, looked like Purdue's guys had fresher legs.

But now we'll never know!

Outdoor Miner said:
but the refs literally won that game for Purdue. Fuck you piece of

The Gophers are taking Purdue down...then you're next Miner. :lol

You better watch out because we're gonna steal your #5 seed in the tournament.

Bowser

Seth C said:
6 games against teams who were ranked in the top 25 at the time we played them, all of them wins. Have you even won 6 games this season?

Come on dude, we already had 6 wins by the time we played y'all.

safe cab service FTw. not sure how i;n gonna get my car timorrow, but whatever.

UK Beat VAndy tongiht. AT VANDY. syuck it commodores. suck it hardddddddddddd. 26-1.

StoOgE

kkaabboomm said:
safe cab service FTw. not sure how i;n gonna get my car timorrow, but whatever.

UK Beat VAndy tongiht. AT VANDY. syuck it commodores. suck it hardddddddddddd. 26-1.

I'm quoting this for posterity.

tongiht :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom