• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Basketball 2009-2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

SyNapSe

perfectchaos007 said:
Texas basketball is bad, but Nebraska is just turrible

dang! I thought they were ok but you guys are putting it to them something brutal. I think they can be tough but Sadler isn't going to recruit well anywhere. :( he's a good coach though

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
perfectchaos007 said:
Texas basketball is bad, but Nebraska is just turrible

They actually have a good defense. Just no offense.

We played well today. New lineups worked well. Let's hope we can run off 4-5 straight.

Nice comeback for Cal today getting the home sweep against the Washington schools. Down 11 at half, but Cal outscored WSU by 27 in the second half and ended the game on a 15-0 run.

uga beat usc, and unc looks to beat what seems to be the only team they can beat in the ACC - ncst.

i managed to snag some tickets to the uk-ut game tonight, which is exciting - should be fun.

NewLib

Banned
If Florida doesnt win this game, SEC might be only getting three bids. Ole Miss and Miss State have both fallen apart in the last three weeks.

impirius

kkaabboomm said:
uga beat usc, and unc looks to beat what seems to be the only team they can beat in the ACC - ncst.

i managed to snag some tickets to the uk-ut game tonight, which is exciting - should be fun.
Looks like we're playing for home court in the NIT at this point.

jjasper

NewLib said:
If Florida doesnt win this game, SEC might be only getting three bids. Ole Miss and Miss State have both fallen apart in the last three weeks.

3 bids until UGA wins the SEC tournament.

NewLib

Banned
jjasper said:
3 bids until UGA wins the SEC tournament.

I would not put it past them. They play really hard and they have some talent. With the recruiting classes Florida has the next two years and how good of a coach Fox seems like he is, the SEC East is just going to be a bloodbath the next few years.

Cereal

jjasper said:
Some really solid officiating tonight. :lol
The last charge call on Chism was absolute bullshit.

Not saying they're favoring either team, but fuck, just one game would I like to watch where SEC officials aren't terrible.

Seth C

Cereal said:
The last charge call on Chism was absolute bullshit.

Not saying they're favoring either team, but fuck, just one game would I like to watch where SEC officials aren't terrible.

If Tony Greene is involved in something, you can be certain it will be shit.

jjasper

I really think the next Kentucky game should be called by Dickie v and bob knight they have such opposite opinions of cal it would make for great tv.

Seth C

jjasper said:
I really think the next Kentucky game should be called by Dickie v and bob knight they have such opposite opinions of cal it would make for great tv.

All he's talked about is John Wall, Calipari, Cousins is a baby, the Nets job, and UT's guns and drugs.

Oh, and to hell with business choosing, the NBA shouldn't be allowed to make their own rules. The 1 year rule should be criminal, or something. According to Dick.

NewLib

Banned
Kentucky has now officially beaten by double digits 2 out of the 3 teams that beat the "ESPN Approved Best Two Teams In the Nation". I think we all know what that means. [/threeballz]

GreekWolf

Hey, WTF happened to Silva?

Louisville finally accomplished something worthy of attention (other than Pitino's brilliant sexcapades), and nary a peep from the chief Cardinal.

I miss that lovable rascal. There's actually a distinct possibility we could face each other in the
NIT
championship game this year.

NewLib

Banned
GreekWolf said:
Hey, WTF happened to Silva?

Louisville finally accomplished something worthy of attention (other than Pitino's brilliant sexcapades), and nary a peep from the chief Cardinal.

I miss that lovable rascal. There's actually a distinct possibility we could face each other in the
NIT
championship game this year.

He got banned a while ago. I mean his behavior was assholish by Sports Gaf standards which is usually pretty accepting of trolls. Its no surprise when he took it out of the Sports Gaf sanctuary, the ban hammer soon followed.

4:18 left in the game, uconn is up 71-60 against villanova, AT nova. the big east is eating its own.

and kansas plays a&m tonight too, come on aggies!

I still have no clue how Rutgers beat Georgetown.

Don't bring up supposed, "Georgetown is crappy," logic. Any team in the fucking Top 64 seems pretty damn great to me from my lowly college basketball perch (Rutgers).

Tonight is gonna be a big one for the Cats.
Hopefully, we can pull it out on the road.
Did Yall hear Mississippi State fans got boogies number, but he isn't gonna change it until after the game so then he can see what Miss State fans have to say.
Classic Boogie
:lol

halftime in the UK game on the road. miss st's leading scorer is sitting on the bench for some team rule violation or something, i wasnt paying attention when they said why, only it wasn't an injury.

score is 32-29. lots of fouls, 9 on each team. uk is 1-12 from the 3, somehow we have 26 rebounds v. their 11, bledsoe and cousins both have 2 fouls for us, whereas the shotblocking god vernardo has 2 fouls and 1 block. gotta love it, though i wish we were better than 34% at the half.

Seth C

kkaabboomm said:
halftime in the UK game on the road. miss st's leading scorer is sitting on the bench for some team rule violation or something, i wasnt paying attention when they said why, only it wasn't an injury.

score is 32-29. lots of fouls, 9 on each team. uk is 1-12 from the 3, somehow we have 26 rebounds v. their 11, bledsoe and cousins both have 2 fouls for us, whereas the shotblocking god vernardo has 2 fouls and 1 block. gotta love it, though i wish we were better than 34% at the half.

Two blocks if you count the time he grabbed Orton's shoulder and pulled him to the floor without getting called for it. :lol

OT in the uk-miss st game, and miss st's two best players are on the bench. uk was down 7 w/3 minutes left, too. that last play shouldnt have been liggins, but oh well. 3 timeouts for that play isnt what was drawn up, i promise.

and UK pulls out the W. stay classy miss st fans, throwing water bottles and cups onto the floor when you've basically lost. combined with the many calls to Cousins calling him all sorts of names, stay classy.

UK, you somehow managed to win. down 7 with 3 minutes left, on the road? you are lucky their highest scorer was benched for principle, otherwise this would be a L.

NewLib said:
Stay classy Mississippi State fans. Stay Classy.

@GaryParrishCBS: MSU's Elgin Bailey refused to shake Cousins' hand. Then he yelled @ him. Give Cousins credit. He just ignored it

racist phone calls and texts. throwing cups and bottles at the players. refusing to shake his hand after a loss? and the fan jawing after the game that Cal had to stop a post-game interview with ESPN and get his players to keep walking. great showing on national TV for Starkville.

iamblades

I have no idea how you out rebound a team by 21 and still end up with fewer shot attempts.

The math makes absolutely no fucking sense, even accounting for turnovers.

Also don't get how up and down we are from 3 point range. Our average is perfectly fine, but we'll go 17% one game and 45% the next.

Oh well, a W is a W, but I still can't figure out this team.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
bluemax said:
Am I too late to laugh at ucla for getting swept by USC?
yeah, but its not too late to laugh at unc for being stepping stones in the ACC.

Bowser

DY_nasty said:
yeah, but its not too late to laugh at unc for being stepping stones in the ACC.

Just kill me now. I only hope that we somehow don't lose out and salvage a winning record, even if it is something like 17-15. God, how did it get ever get so bad?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Bowser said:
Just kill me now. I only hope that we somehow don't lose out and salvage a winning record, even if it is something like 17-15. God, how did it get ever get so bad?
Roy Williams' paralyzing fear of one-and-done players compounded with the Wall/Ellington fiasco.

Larry Drew needs to be beaten everytime he does some dumb shit. He just doesn't learn - and he has no balls either.

jjasper

NewLib said:
Stay classy Mississippi State fans. Stay Classy.

I agree with them, the refs did help get Kentucky back in the game with every 50/50 going Kentucky's way, but that shit was embarrassing to watch.

Seth C

jjasper said:
I agree with them, the refs did help get Kentucky back in the game with every 50/50 going Kentucky's way, but that shit was embarrassing to watch.

The goal tending call was missed at the end, but Mississippi State got plenty of questionable calls that helped them stay in the game earlier anyway. Nothing excuses their fans from a week of harassing phone calls and then throwing shit at the court.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom