• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Basketball 2009-2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Outdoor Miner said:
BIG FUCKING WIN. DMAC IS A PLAYER.
A few weeks ago -- I think after the loss to NW, I was muttering to myself that Weber's a pretty lame coach when he doesn't have a senior or NBA-caliber guard on the team. I figured that he needed to make sure he had one of those on the roster at all times, since we've certainly sucked the past few years when we haven't had that.

Lo and behold, McCamey's started playing like one. Some of the plays he makes are downright Frank-esque

Elfforkusu said:
A few weeks ago -- I think after the loss to NW, I was muttering to myself that Weber's a pretty lame coach when he doesn't have a senior or NBA-caliber guard on the team. I figured that he needed to make sure he had one of those on the roster at all times, since we've certainly sucked the past few years when we haven't had that.

Lo and behold, McCamey's started playing like one. Some of the plays he makes are downright Frank-esque

The guy can score whenever the hell he wants. He's just starting to realize how good he can be.

and now the big ten race is on..

msu 9-3 - OSU, @pur
Illinois 9-3 - OSU, @pur, @OSU, Wisc
OSU 8-3 - @Ill, pur, @msu, Ill
Purdue 8-3 - @OSU, Ill, msu
Wisconsin 8-4 - @Ill

not saying any of those teams won't lose any other games, but those are the rest of the big ones where they play each other.

Seth C

Just left Rupp. Alabama held us to their gameplan, our offense wasn't clicking, but we got another win. Volunteers next up, and they won't be happy after getting spanked tonight.

home from the UK game. lexington is, major streets not included, a sheet of ice right now. still, rupp was basically full. gotta love the big blue nation.

we played sloppy, crappy, and not well, especially in the first half, where they shot lights out it seemed. Still, UK emerges with another W, 66-55. next up - tennessee, college game day, saturday night.

Wow Duke-UNC and no posts here? Wake up people!

I think UNC actually snaps out of it (for 1 game at least), my money is on them holding serve at home.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
unc has now lost 7 of their last 8 games, with their big win at nc state. they've lost 8 of their last 10 games, with the other win against VT. 4 game loss streak currently, and lucky for them ncstate is their next game.

wtf has happened to unc?
and uconn should've dug deep and beaten syracuse. c'est la vie.

oh, and GT? wtf guys, you are the poster child for inconsistency.

Seth C

Don't worry, UNC fans. Dick Vitale says you were just overrated at the beginning of the season because of the reputations of the high school players you had coming in. But he assures us that that will all be fixed soon because you have high school kids with great reputations coming in next season.

Well, uh, that makes sense...

Bowser

Just got back from the Dome. Heels played hard and gave the crowd a great game. We just gave up too many damn offensive boards and threes, and we couldn't hit a FT for the life of us for a good 5 min stretch. Little mistakes here and there cost us.

*sigh* Hoping for a miracle ACC tourney run now.

DJ_Tet

Banned
truly101 said:
Nice to get the win on Beaker's jersey retirement and with Harrison Barnes in the building. Fuck both of you.

:lol

It's hard to hate Barnes but I admit I was hurt too that he didn't choose Duke.

Wonder if he skyped about that horrible game. At least Jon Scheyer is still cold blooded, could have been a bad loss.

Proelite

DJ_Tet said:
:lol

It's hard to hate Barnes but I admit I was hurt too that he didn't choose Duke.

Miles Plumlee ****
Mason Plumlee *****
Ryan Kelly *****
Josh Hairston *****
Kyle Singler (Possibly) *****
Andre Drawkins *****
Nolan Smith *****
Seth Curry ****
Kyrie Irving *****
Tyler Thornton ***

I'll take this team over next year's Tar Heel team any day of the year.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Need to give a shout out to my Alma mater. How 'bout them Lobos! A top 10 rpi, a top 20 ranking, a lock for the tournament. It's pretty awesome, even if ESPN can't be bothered to mention UNM. Albuquerque will probably implode if this team just makes it to the sweet 16.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Proelite said:
Miles Plumlee ****
Mason Plumlee *****
Ryan Kelly *****
Josh Hairston *****
Kyle Singler (Possibly) *****
Andre Drawkins *****
Nolan Smith *****
Seth Curry ****
Kyrie Irving *****
Tyler Thornton ***

I'll take this team over next year's Tar Heel team any day of the year.
lol gtfo

Meier

Hamilton is such an awful coach. If we had a halfway decent coach, we'd be a top 10-15 team with this much talent.

Sad.

DY_nasty

DJ_Tet said:
I'm with you on Ryan Kelly but let's give Kyrie a chance to play before telling him to gtfo.

If anyone should gtfo it's Marcus Ginyard and Larry Drew the Two.
Ginyard.... He tries. He's no leader and he knows it. At least Noel had the ability to lead a boxscore if nothing else... Roy screwed up this season (and I and every other heels fan will forgive him). Plain and simple. I'm not sure what his plan was, or if the Ellington/Wall fiasco had anything to do with it, but its pretty clear that his planning for this season was crap. Drew is a McInnis wannabe with no Jamison to cover his ass. He's not a point guard at all. Strickland... ugh, Henson is a better ballhandler. The point guard situation is terrible. And with a team thats built to run, having no point guard shuts you down before you even get a chance to get going. Two years at the most until the team is back at the top of the ACC.

Canova

Banned
Roy Williams really has some fucked-up sense of perspective. bad karma is going to follow this guy for the rest of the year and years to come.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/stewart_mandel/02/09/duke.north.carolina/index.html

Apocalyptic fans and media who less than a year ago were lionizing Williams for hoisting another banner are suddenly questioning the direction of his program.

"Our massage therapist told me, 'You know, coach, what happened in Haiti is a catastrophe. What you're having is a disappointment,' " said Williams. "I told her that depends on what chair you're sitting in. It does feel like a catastrophe to me, because it is my life."

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Outdoor Miner said:
The guy can score whenever the hell he wants. He's just starting to realize how good he can be.

He's always been able to score. Its his ability to take care of the ball and play D that had been suspect.

DY_nasty

DJ_Tet

Banned
28uldt3.jpg

bachikarn

DY_nasty said:
Coach K says worse things everyday in practice. Boozer's little brother told me that he heard Coach K tell some girls to put a kitten in an oven once.

So both coaches are douche bags. How does that make Roy Williams any better?

DY_nasty

bachikarn said:
So both coaches are douche bags. How does that make Roy Williams any better?
Banners.
(Seriously, Roy said some fucked up shit but lets all try and pretend we haven't said some fucked up shit at some point too, k?)
Coach K is a well known douche though. Its not even close to the same level.

Nerevar

they call me "Man Gravy".
DY_nasty said:
Banners.
(Seriously, Roy said some fucked up shit but lets all try and pretend we haven't said some fucked up shit at some point too, k?)
Coach K is a well known douche though. Its not even close to the same level.

This is a retarded argument. Coach K is an army rat and he acts like it. Roy Williams is a good ol' Carolina boy and acts like it. It's not like either one of them is particularly surprising with their tendencies.

DJ_Tet

Banned
Only a UNC fan could try and take that stupid ass quote and make it reflect poorly on Coach K :lol

Anyway, did you see GW got an invite to the Olympic team? He's definitely Coach K's type of player, I expect he'll be given a real solid chance to make one of the last two slots on the team just for his versatility and style of play.

DY_nasty

Nerevar said:
This is a retarded argument. Coach K is an army rat and he acts like it. Roy Williams is a good ol' Carolina boy and acts like it. It's not like either one of them is particularly surprising with their tendencies.
Then why even start such a retarded argument? By the way, Coach K is from Bob Knight's camp - and he never swears. HONEST. how the hell did not one of you catch the obvious sarcasm about the kitten? wtf... see this is what happens when UNC isn't ranked. Fans from all over the country just get retarded.

Karakand

chuckddd said:
Need to give a shout out to my Alma mater. How 'bout them Lobos! A top 10 rpi, a top 20 ranking, a lock for the tournament. It's pretty awesome, even if ESPN can't be bothered to mention UNM. Albuquerque will probably implode if this team just makes it to the sweet 16.
I haven't been there in probably 15 years, is it still a pretty campus? I remember it being pretty.

canova said:
Roy Williams really has some fucked-up sense of perspective. bad karma is going to follow this guy for the rest of the year and years to come.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/stewart_mandel/02/09/duke.north.carolina/index.html
How could he be so indifferent to the GREATEST TRAGEDY IN HUMAN HISTORY like that? I am like SO MAD at him right now it's not even funny.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Karakand said:
I haven't been there in probably 15 years, is it still a pretty campus? I remember it being pretty.

Lots of new buildings in the last 15 years, I imagine. Bookstore, Architecture school, dorms, etc. But it's still nice, just running out of room. I took several courses in some newer buildings that are closer to the Pit than the student union building.

Canova

Banned
UNC just lost Ed Davis for broken wrist.

...didn't I say bad karma?

canova said:

Bluecondor said:
Nice! Pitt gets another quality win, knocking off hated WVU in triple overtime.....

They need to carry this momentum because they are playing against some teams who are going to be on the bubble in the next month and Pitt needs to secure themselves as a lock. While I don't think Pitt has a prayer in the NCAAs, it is important to keep the street of appearances going.

SyNapSe

NewLib said:

sad story really :\ I haven't been able to post much the last week or so but HUGE win for the Illini @ the Kohl! I know they had just won against MSU but that was kinda, eehhh, because Lucas was out. Winning @Wisc is a big time accomplishment, though.

As far as Ed Davis, sheesh, as if things weren't going bad enough for the 'Heels

UK had over 22,000 fans in rupp this morning for college gameday. doors opened at 8:30, the show started at 11 or 11:30, i dont remember. you needed a ticket to get in (free, with like a $1 service charge or something). over 22,000 filled Rupp on a saturday morning, and most didn't have a ticket to tonight's 9pm game. gotta love the big blue nation.

oh, and that triple OT game last night? didnt see it, but the reports say it was a damn good game. gg Pitt.

anyways, today is a day of much college basketball. rejoice and be glad

jjasper

If we don't get stomped tonight I will be shocked. Our only hope is Pearl's annual outcoaching of Cal but even that probably won't be enough to overcome the talent gap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom