• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Basketball 2009-2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewLib

Banned
beelzebozo said:
we are getting crushed!

I do not want to see Dodson on the floor anymore. Give his minutes to Harris. He cant play defense and his only role is to hit threes and he hasnt done that in weeks.

Seth C

NewLib said:
I do not want to see Dodson on the floor anymore. Give his minutes to Harris. He cant play defense and his only role is to hit threes and he hasnt done that in weeks.

And if I ever see Orton shoot another 3 I swear I will choke him myself.

jjasper said:
I think I just heard something about JP Prince and high basketball IQ......:lol

According to one announcer I heard, he is also Tayshaun Prince's brother.

NewLib

Banned
Seth C said:
And if I ever see Orton shoot another 3 I swear I will choke him myself.

According to one announcer I heard, he is also Tayshaun Prince's brother.

Still I wont be too upset if Kentucky loses. Everyone said the stretch of last 7 games were going to be tough and I was hoping just to go 5-2 through it. So as long as we beat Georgia and Florida at home, Im cool with a 14-2 SEC season.

Edit: I think I also heard the announcers say that Bobby Maze has really been a source of stability after the suspensions. What a beacon of light that Bobby Maze is.

Seth C

NewLib said:
Still I wont be too upset if Kentucky loses. Everyone said the stretch of last 7 games were going to be tough and I was hoping just to go 5-2 through it. So as long as we beat Georgia and Florida at home, Im cool with a 14-2 SEC season.

Edit: I think I also heard the announcers say that Bobby Maze has really been a source of stability after the suspensions. What a beacon of light that Bobby Maze is.

Oh, we are losing this game. We won't get the lead cut closer than 5 points (if that).

SyNapSe

just flipped over. Looking at the stats CBS just put up it's amazing the score is only 11 apart to start the half. Huge shooting disparity but Kentucky kept in it w/ free throws. They'll probably get it going this half.

NewLib

Banned
How does Tennessee go from taking advantage of their speed and getting easy layups to just jacking up contested threes?

Also My God, John Wall.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
NewLib said:
How does Tennessee go from taking advantage of their speed and getting easy layups to just jacking up contested threes?

Also My God, John Wall.

estilk.jpg

Seth C

NewLib said:

Also My God, John Wall.

John Wall is incredible on the fast break, but why did he stop? He should force it every opportunity, but last time he had a chance he pulled up at the 3 point line rather than driving, and got us in to our half court set. Why stop doing what is working so well?

Anyway, this lead will only be cut close enough to get our hopes up, only to fall back and lose. Like I said, no closer than 5.

jjasper

chuckddd said:

Pretty much. I am cool with it though and have come to accept it. Just how he coaches, it would be nice if he actually recruited a 3 point shooter at some point though.

PS: FYI Kentucky is going to win this game.

NewLib

Banned
I feel much better about this loss then I did earlier. Im glad our team finally fought and it will show them they cant let themselves get in a hole and expect to win.

Plus UT is a good team and as long as UK doesnt lose their last two games, they should still get a #1 seed.

jjasper

Byakuya769 said:
?? I think he generally looks better almost every game. Hopefully we have this game.. but I don't see how anyone is beating Kentucky come NCAA time...

He was 0-5 before that 3.

The team Kentucky doesn't want to get matched with is Syracuse.

chuckddd said:
Not here. Must be a local thing.

Yeah, I'm in Carolina. Still shouldn't have switched, score had just been tied up. I can't get them to switch from some NFL 30 point blowout but UK comes back from 19 down with 2 minutes left to play and they decide to switch to UNC v Wake. Jesus.

we tied it up after being down 19. this loss was...acceptable. it hurts, but it is acceptable. we showed grit after a very long time of not.

SyNapSe

jjasper said:
He was 0-5 before that 3.

The team Kentucky doesn't want to get matched with is Syracuse.

or anyone who packs it in. Clearly if Kentucky has a weakness it's outside shooting. They had some wide open shots in the 2nd half that were just ugly misses.

Not many teams run the zone anymore though. Baylor will and they have the athletes to play with Kentucky as well. I'm not sure they are disciplined enough but they could be a real tough matchup

Bluecondor

Nice - Pitt bounces back with a solid win on the road at St. John's.

Now, Pitt just needs to win one of their last two at home vs. Providence and Rutgers to get the double bye for the Big East Tournament.

This is actually one of those years when I won't be all that upset if Pitt loses in the Big East Tournament. Other than holding on to a 3 or 4 seed, I don't think Pitt can do much to improve its seeding, even if we would win the Big East Tournament. I will be happy with a 4 seed, and would be thrilled if we get a 3. We are #11 in the RPI right now....

jakncoke

Banned
nice victory today considering Gibbs was largely irrelevant. Notre Dame making some fast moves and playing their way into the tourney.

jjasper

NewLib said:
Tennessee actually has a very good record of beating good teams at TBA. Kansas and Kentucky this year. Memphis when they were #1 two years ago.

That win was at Memphis. Last time I remember it happening was my senior year when we beat Florida when they were #2 and going to be #1 if they won. It was Pearl's first win and we weren't used to winning games.

NewLib

Banned
jjasper said:
That win was at Memphis. Last time I remember it happening was my senior year when we beat Florida when they were #2 and going to be #1 if they won. It was Pearl's first win and we weren't used to winning games.

Oh you are right.

SEC is probably going to get 4 teams in but I think we will represent ourselves well. Kentucky might lose but I just dont see it until the Elite Eight. Vandy is so fucking tough to play because they dont really have a noticeable weakness you can hone in on. If Hopson and Prince can play like they did tonight and Chism plays like he usually does, UT is a tough out. Florida a scary team to have as a 7-10 seed if you are 1 or 2.

jjasper

It will be interesting where we are seeded, we will most likely have the best 2 wins out of anyone in the field, but have a pretty average resume outside of that.

Cal and ASU facing off in Berkeley. Game just started. Cal clinches a share of the Pac-10 title with a win, and ASU would put themselves in pole position to win the conference if they can pull it out. Somewhat sloppy game so far.

SyNapSe

jjasper said:
It will be interesting where we are seeded, we will most likely have the best 2 wins out of anyone in the field, but have a pretty average resume outside of that.

I'd think you'll definitely have the best 2 wins of anyone coming in, but they are both at home. I agree it'll be interesting to see how Tenn. is seeded.

SyNapSe

Baylor may lose at OU. The Sooners have been good at home this year if nothing, I guess. The golden domers took a big win off Gtown earlier

AntoneM

Cornballer said:
Cal and ASU facing off in Berkeley. Game just started. Cal clinches a share of the Pac-10 title with a win, and ASU would put themselves in pole position to win the conference if they can pull it out. Somewhat sloppy game so far.
Every game ASU has played this year is sloppy and boring.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
I wish Texas would just start sucking. They tease me with a game here and there where they play great. Or a run in the middle of a game where they look like a top 5 team.

Then they follow it up with sucking.

max_cool said:
Every game ASU has played this year is sloppy and boring.
:lol

The problem (for Cal) is that I think ASU is better at sloppy and boring than Cal is. If the 3-pt shooters warm up and there's more scoring, Cal should have a good shot at this. However, at the moment ASU is playing the way they want to and lead 30-29 at HT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom