• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Basketball 2009-2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ohio State has won the Big Ten championship in football, men's basketball, and women's basketball for the third time in five years.

I am one very happy OSU alumnus. GO BUCKS!

SyNapSe

2 potentially really exciting games tonight.

Duke @Maryland. This was a brutal rivalry for a while and then Maryland fell off a bit. I've seen several Duke games but I've only seen a part of 1 Maryland game so I'll be trying to keep an eye on this matchup.

Ksate @ KU. Sherron senior night, pretty awesome! It's likely Cole's last game as well and potentially others. A really tough senior night game as KSU is both physically and mentally tough.

SyNapSe

up 14-3 early and clearly in trouble. X has 2 and Cole just picked up the random cheapy at half-court on a hedge. Cole has to stay in the game and w/ 1 already he's going to have to be careful. Only 5 minutes in.. ack

Silkworm

Hmmm, UK in a tight one so far with UGA (looks like UGA's bench is really helping out, especially UGA's Jeremy Price). Not too surprising since UGA has been playing well of late (stupid UGA beating UF!).

UF unfortunately is facing a dire situation (now with 2 straight loses to UGA and Vandy). I'm not expecting them to beat UK at Rupp Arena on senior night and if by chance UGA beats UK (not really expecting it but you never know) UF's 0.1% of winning will be nil. If UF loses to UK then that's 3 straight loses. I still hope UF can manage to play well and keep things close at UK, even if it's in a loss. Hopefully the Gators can play their way into the NCAA tournament by winning at least two in the SEC Tournament. I thought maybe they'd find a way to win one more game after the confidence builder in beating UT, but no momentum was apparently gained from that win (close loses are still loses) *sigh* :-(

Seth C

What does the SEC tournament bracket look like? Wouldn't you guys be up against Kentucky in your second round game?

SyNapSe

Wally Judge was a top 10 type recruit coming into this season and he's done nothing for K-state except for in the matches against KU. He's really contributed huge against us :( not sure why..

Owen

SyNapSe said:
Wally Judge was a top 10 type recruit coming into this season and he's done nothing for K-state except for in the matches against KU. He's really contributed huge against us :( not sure why..

All I know is...

Ba da ba ba ba, I'm lovin' it. Judge was a beast in the first half. Hopefully he keeps it up.

Silkworm

Seth C said:
What does the SEC tournament bracket look like? Wouldn't you guys be up against Kentucky in your second round game?

Do you mean UF? If the seedings stay as they are today, then UF would be an E4 seed and would play W5 which would be either Bama or Auburn. If UF wins that match-up, then they'd play W1 which is Mississippi St. Those are two winnable games for UF (of course they could also lay and egg in either game). At least if they beat MSU, that'd give them more an argument to be the 4th SEC team to be picked to go to the NCAA tournament (I would think at least 4 teams from the SEC will be picked). Of course a win against an SEC East team would be really beneficial. If UF wins those two games, their 3rd game would be against most likely Vandy (assuming Vandy beats the winner between W3 (Ole Miss/Arkansas/Auburn) vs. E6 (UGA/USC)). Luckily Kentucky is on the other side of the bracket from UF where UF is currently a E4 seed which I think is pretty much a lock. So all things considered, the seeding in the SEC Tournament isn't horrible for UF and they still have an opportunity to play themselves into the NCAA tournament, even with a potential 3rd straight loss at UK this coming Sunday.

P.S. Congrats to UK on pulling away in the second half and beating UGA.

SyNapSe

hooty hoo!! Sheronimal was brutal for the first half maybe due to emotions, stress, etc. He's helped in the 2nd half and we've started to pull away against a REALLY good KSU team.

Robot 492

Banned
Anyone watching the Maryland - Duke game right now? It's been a great game so far. I'm impressed with MD, especially after playing so terribly at Cameron Indoor earlier in the season.

Silkworm

Oh crap! MSU lost to Auburn tonight. Maybe the SEC only gets 3 teams in the tourney *sheesh!* If UF advances in the SEC Tournament to play MSU that could be a play in game to the NCAA Tournament if they actually let 4 teams from the SEC play in the tournament, which I'm starting wonder about. :p

GO BIG BLUE!!

28-2, a share of the regular season SEC title secured, and one game left in the regular season. we're also the only SEC-east team to win at UGA, they are 4-1 at home against SEC-east opponents.

sad that k-state couldnt hold w/kansas, though. i might have to root for louisville this weekend, to give syracuse a L.

Seth C

Silkworm said:
Do you mean UF? If the seedings stay as they are today, then UF would be an E4 seed and would play W5 which would be either Bama or Auburn. If UF wins that match-up, then they'd play W1 which is Mississippi St. Those are two winnable games for UF (of course they could also lay and egg in either game). At least if they beat MSU, that'd give them more an argument to be the 4th SEC team to be picked to go to the NCAA tournament (I would think at least 4 teams from the SEC will be picked). Of course a win against an SEC East team would be really beneficial. If UF wins those two games, their 3rd game would be against most likely Vandy (assuming Vandy beats the winner between W3 (Ole Miss/Arkansas/Auburn) vs. E6 (UGA/USC)). Luckily Kentucky is on the other side of the bracket from UF where UF is currently a E4 seed which I think is pretty much a lock. So all things considered, the seeding in the SEC Tournament isn't horrible for UF and they still have an opportunity to play themselves into the NCAA tournament, even with a potential 3rd straight loss at UK this coming Sunday.

P.S. Congrats to UK on pulling away in the second half and beating UGA.

Okay, that's good for your guys then. That's definitely the more winnable side of the bracket. Looking over the standings, you can't fall to 5th or 6th at this point, so you should have a good shot at 2 wins in the tournament.

And thanks.

Seth C

kkaabboomm said:
GO BIG BLUE!!

28-2, a share of the regular season SEC title secured, and one game left in the regular season. we're also the only SEC-east team to win at UGA, they are 4-1 at home against SEC-east opponents.

sad that k-state couldnt hold w/kansas, though. i might have to root for louisville this weekend, to give syracuse a L.

With K State losing they now sit at 24-5. If Maryland can hold serve at home Duke would have 5 losses as well. That gives the Cuse, Kansas, and UK quite a bit of breathing room for #1 seeds. I'll be rooting against Louisville. For the lulz.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Maryland's last 5 shots have been outrageous, damn I really thought we had this...

Seth C

Maryland, you silly people, you are better than this. This is pathetic. Pathetic. You should be better than this. You are both top 25 teams. What the fuck.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
lakesideflight said:
turtles rush the court?
Yeah, they've been bad/mediocre for so long that they've forgotten how to act. Everyone knew Duke was going to lose this game. They just want to be on ESPN.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I could care less if they rush the court, big deal, they've had a 6 game losing streak against the team they think they are the biggest rivals. Their fans throwing shit at our players, this is why the twerps will always be bush league and nothing more. They'll also lose their next game by 10+

Seth C

lakesideflight said:
turtles rush the court?

Yes, and you could tell they had been planning it from about a minute out. They probably tweeted about it before the game. I'm ashamed of them. On behalf of, well, college basketball fans everywhere.

Seth C

jakncoke said:
What is Duke's away record? I don't see how they get a #1 seed

I believe they are now 5-5 on the road. It's bad. If they get a #1 they will have to back in to it based on no one else stepping up to earn it.

binary

haha you guys are whining about the fans because you all lost :lol As the great Nik Caner-Medley once put it, "I'm from Maryland and nobody can beat me." Duke just isn't wrothy of being ranked #4. I'll enjoy watching you lose again in the ACC Tourney.

Seth C

binary said:
haha you guys are whining about the fans because you all lost :lol As the great Nik Caner-Medley once put it, "I'm from Maryland and nobody can beat me." Duke just isn't wrothy of being ranked #4. I'll enjoy watching you lose again in the ACC Tourney.

I'm a Kentucky fan. I am complaining because your fans were seen on camera spitting on Duke players, and you are a top 25 team with a national championship not so long ago and you rushed the court. Trust me, I'm the last person that is going to come to the defense of Duke, about anything. Act like you've been there (because you actually have).

DY_nasty

binary said:
Everyone knows that Duke isn't worthy of #4, even their fans. No one else just wants to win this season. Still it doesn't excuse the fact that Maryland stormed the court in a game in which both teams were reasonably ranked. Nor does it excuse the fact that Maryland was throwing things and spitting on players. If MU fans were really going to rush the court due to "excitement" then they would've done it when the clock stopped at 0.1 instead of using that stoppage to update their collective twitter accounts while they lined up in an orderly fashion.

Stop making me white knight for Duke, I feel sick now...

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
binary said:

If I were a twerp fan, I'd be more worried about the inevitable let down and collapse you'll have against UVA on Saturday than what Duke does in the ACC tourney. UMD fans are bush league and they prove it at every opportunity.

DY_nasty

truly101 said:
If I were a twerp fan, I'd be more worried about the inevitable let down and collapse you'll have against UVA on Saturday than what Duke does in the ACC tourney. UMD fans are bush league and they prove it at every opportunity.
Pretty much this.

JJ is Redickulous Gay & I dream of Jeanie was kinda funny though.

GrapeApes

Seth C said:
Maryland, you silly people, you are better than this. This is pathetic. Pathetic. You should be better than this. You are both top 25 teams. What the fuck.
It's a rival game/senior night, they crushed us in the last game. What you think was going to happen? Especially considering we hadn't beat them in a while.

McNei1y

truly101 said:

n31200482_33776688_4257.jpg

Hell of a game by both teams but Maryland is on a hot streak right now. I love this team.

GrapeApes

truly101 said:
Talk about reach. Don't let your emotions get to you. Let the L settle in and rethink this post in a day or two.

jdccb

Oh yea, all the Duke fans of the world are straight A classy guys right ;) And spitting at players is a far cry improved from when they hit Boozer's mom with batteries haha.

Maryland has a national title, and how many of these kids were there for that?

6 straight losses against a team that IS THEIR biggest rival, on senior night, with 8,000 DRUNK kids?

Really, you expect less? I've seen higher ranked team's rush the court before.

Should they be rushing? Probably not, but why such a big deal?

College Park is probably burning down right now, rushing the court is the LEAST of the damage they'll do tonight haha.

Seth C

GrapeApes said:
It's a rival game/senior night, they crushed us in the last game. What you think was going to happen? Especially considering we hadn't beat them in a while.

I expect you to win and celebrate from the stands. When was the last time Kentucky rushed the court? Duke? North Carolina? You think when UNC bounces back next year, after this awful season, they will rush the court if they beat Duke in the regular season? Bwahahaha.

n31200482_33776688_4257.jpg

Damn, Kyle Singler aged quickly. I know that picture wasn't taken too many seasons ago!

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
DY_nasty said:
Pretty much this.

JJ is Redickulous Gay & I dream of Jeanie was kinda funny though.

I thought the whole Scheyer Face thing they started and "Beating Duke, So Easy a Caveman could do it" (circa 2007) was funny because it was actually clever and took a bit of brains to come up with. But for every one of those instances, they fall back to their trailer park ways throwing shit at players, players families, the oh so clever "fuck *Duke player's name*" Thats all they have.

I know hole fans have reason to hate Gerald Henderson for thwaking Hansbrough in the face, at least the "Wanted for Douchebaggery" signs any time he shot a free throw the following year was a good way for the fans to get back at him. Imagine if he had hit a twerp? They would have thrown bricks at him. Maryland fans suck ass, they are the worst in the ACC. Its a shame because I respect the team, and sweaty Gary, but their fans are god awful.

DY_nasty

Seth C said:
I expect you to win and celebrate from the stands. When was the last time Kentucky rushed the court? Duke? North Carolina? You think when UNC bounces back next year, after this awful season, they will rush the court if they beat Duke in the regular season? Bwahahaha.
Seriously. Roy'd probably shank the first guy on the court.

If its some Marvin Williams shit, then okay storm the court. If its not, this is the ACC dude, stay your ass up in the stands. Even NC State doesn't storm the court...
truly101 said:
I thought the whole Scheyer Face thing they started and "Beating Duke, So Easy a Caveman could do it" (circa 2007) was funny because it was actually clever and took a bit of brains to come up with. But for every one of those instances, they fall back to their trailer park ways throwing shit at players, players families, the oh so clever "fuck *Duke player's name*" Thats all they have.

I know hole fans have reason to hate Gerald Henderson for thwaking Hansbrough in the face, at least the "Wanted for Douchebaggery" signs any time he shot a free throw the following year was a good way for the fans to get back at him. Imagine if he had hit a twerp? They would have thrown bricks at him. Maryland fans suck ass, they are the worst in the ACC. Its a shame because I respect the team, and sweaty Gary, but their fans are god awful.
Yeah, I like the team and organization but their fans suck most of the time.

jdccb

Seth C said:

Congratulations, a bunch of elitists a**hats that get told by the media they're always better than everyone else think they're better than others, good for you. Let a bunch of drunk college kids have fun.

DY_nasty

jdccb said:
Congratulations, a bunch of elitists a**hats that get told by the media they're always better than everyone else think they're better than others, good for you. Let a bunch of drunk college kids have fun.
Take that shit down to Miss. St.

Being a fan isn't about being as big of a douche as possible.

GrapeApes

Seth C said:
Maryland isn't any of those schools. I mean the last couple of years we were getting bounced out the first round of the NIT. Alot of these kids haven't beat Duke and weren't there for the good years. It's a big win so they celebrate. It's college.. get over it people. Hell, I've rushed a football field even though both teams were ranked in the top 10.
College Park is probably burning down right now, rushing the court is the LEAST of the damage they'll do tonight haha.
Fact.

SyNapSe said:
Frank likes to give colon the minutes, not sure if its because colon is a senior or because wally doesnt work hard enough in practice. But most fans would rather give wally a chance. That dunk in the first half on clementes miss was nice. Im sure he will get much more time next year

jdccb

DY_nasty said:
Take that shit down to Miss. St.

Being a fan isn't about being as big of a douche as possible.

What does celebrating and running on a court have to be with being a douche? Most people consider Vazquez a douche, he probably is, to Maryland, he's a champion. The rest of the world consider's Scheyer and Singler douches, I'm assuming most of Duke doesn't.

If you get thousands of college kids drunk and the worst thing that happens is someone tries to spit on someone?

You're fooling yourself if you think shit like that never happens in any of the biggest games on these other campuses.

I'm just pumped they pulled it off.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I don't care if they rush the court, whatever. Don't be a classless twat and spit and throw shit at the other team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom