• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Basketball 2009-2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

SyNapSe

Meier said:
I always like seeing people rush the court/field personally.

I think it's fun too but the NCAA has got the media to make it into a bad thing. For good reason, as I'm sure kids are injured every time it happens.

truly101 said:
I don't care if they rush the court, whatever. Don't be a classless twat and spit and throw shit at the other team.

A friend of mine had a can full of beer thrown at his head by a UMD fan when we were up there for a football game. I can attest that UMD is the Georgia of the ACC when it comes to classy fans.

binary

So...if Maryland is Bush league then what does that make Duke since we beat you last night? :lol

Good game though last night. Hope there is a rematch in the ACC tourney. Before the last 2 seasons when the Terps were absolutely horrendous it was good to see the Terps and Blue Devils split the season series because you knew it was always anyone's game to win

DJ_Tet

Banned
bush league fans =/ bush league program

Good win by Maryland last night. Scheyer got taken out of his game imo, he started trying to outduel Vasquez instead of helping distribute. He forced a few shots, had only 2 assists to 4 turnovers. It was the difference in the game imo, hopefully he'll learn from this.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Seth C said:
I expect you to win and celebrate from the stands. When was the last time Kentucky rushed the court? Duke? North Carolina? You think when UNC bounces back next year, after this awful season, they will rush the court if they beat Duke in the regular season? Bwahahaha.

I don't agree with how much court-rushing has been going on lately (it's been ridiculous). At the same time, I'm not going to let that ruin my enjoyment of it if it happens on Saturday, which I bet it will if we win (first time beating UNC in Cameron in 5 years, ACC championship), even if I don't think it's a court-rushing-worthy moment at all. I mean, the #4 (soon to be lower) team rushing the court after beating an NIT-bound team? Ugh.

Bowser

404Ender said:
I don't agree with how much court-rushing has been going on lately (it's been ridiculous). At the same time, I'm not going to let that ruin my enjoyment of it if it happens on Saturday, which I bet it will if we win (first time beating UNC in Cameron in 5 years, ACC championship), even if I don't think it's a court-rushing-worthy moment at all. I mean, the #4 (soon to be lower) team rushing the court after beating an NIT-bound team? Ugh.

You can't...you can't be...serious? Dook, a top 5 team, would rush the court if they beat an unranked UNC team at home? I don't give a fuck about the circumstances, that's hilarious :lol

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
DJ_Tet said:
Duke won't rush the court unless it's a buzzer beater type of moment.

edit: Even then, they shouldn't.
Duke fans are smarter than that. I disagree with their entirety, but at least they've got class for the most part. If we made it into a competitive game and they won on a buzzer beater, I highly doubt they'd rush the court.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
jakncoke said:
come on pitt ffs, gotta possible #2 seed in the be tourney in the balance

I took a quick look at Pitt's resume. Best OOC win was at home against Kent State? WTF? Man up and schedule someone, this ain't SEC football.

I've got nothing against Pitt, though, most of my family still lives in the city.

Quick, take a look at the front page of sportsillustrated.cnn.com! It's Lobo-rific!

jakncoke

Banned
chuckddd said:
I took a quick look at Pitt's resume. Best OOC win was at home against Kent State? WTF? Man up and schedule someone, this ain't SEC football.

I've got nothing against Pitt, though, most of my family still lives in the city.

Quick, take a look at the front page of sportsillustrated.cnn.com! It's Lobo-rific!

Well to be fair this is suppose to be a rebuilding year so they scheduled accordingly also, Witchita St. is probably our best. It's a what if but if Gilbert Brown/Jermaine Dixon were playing in that Texas game we may 4 wins vs. top 5's this year instead of 3. We could of had better wins as well if we didn't lose to Indiana in the first round of the Jimmy V classic

Dresden

chuckddd said:

Yeah, it's insane. Who could've known? Front of SI, even. Goddamn.

First time in my life to see the Lobos go this high. And we're not getting carried by someone like Danny Granger, either. Crazy stuff.

SyNapSe said:
This WV vs. Villanova matchup better not go to overtime and deny me watching KU-Mizzou.

after WV's first half showing, im impressed the game is as it is at 5:31 left in the second.

too many fouls, though.

the WV player who just pulled back with 5 seconds left, doesnt realize there is no time left, and shoots a desperation 3 (miss) and thus now OT, horrible play.

did he think they were winning, or what? i dont know, but he had a mind fart and instead of driving for a basket, yeah...

SyNapSe

huge run to end the 1st half. More important Kieff isn't hurt. Thomas Robinson had a great drop step spin move during the brief time he got in the game. He's going to be really good for us in the future.

KevinRo

Seth C said:
Yes, and you could tell they had been planning it from about a minute out. They probably tweeted about it before the game. I'm ashamed of them. On behalf of, well, college basketball fans everywhere.

Being a student at Maryland, I can tell you this; no one planned to rush the court. We haven't beaten Duke since our freshmen year. Senior night was a very emotional night as it was our last home basketball game and we were just caught up in the moment. Please don't act like the Maryland student section is classless and horrible. Duke has far worse chants and acts of stupidity going on whenever we go there. Yelling 'CRACKBABY' at Juan Dixon and cursing at Vasquez in Spanish.

DY_nasty

KevinRo said:
Being a student at Maryland, I can tell you this; no one planned to rush the court. We haven't beaten Duke since our freshmen year. Senior night was a very emotional night as it was our last home basketball game and we were just caught up in the moment. Please don't act like the Maryland student section is classless and horrible. Duke has far worse chants and acts of stupidity going on whenever we go there. Yelling 'CRACKBABY' at Juan Dixon and cursing at Vasquez in Spanish.
Cursing in Spanish is a bit crude, but creative... And on top of that,it wasn't the entire stadium chanting that shit.

Yelling FUCK YOU SCHEYER is just pathetic, no way around it and everyone at the game was doing it. And I don't believe in that 'caught up in the moment' crap at all. If you guys were really caught up in the moment like you say you were, then you would've rushed the court at the stoppage at 0.1 like the emotionally charged fans that you claim to be. Clemson hadn't beaten UNC in EVER, and they still managed to act like they had some damned sense.

syracuse just lost, which means UK and Kansas should move up a spot.

south carolina just beat vandy, which means UK is the sole SEC regular season champs.

so much good basketball on today. ND/Marquette still in OT, Purdue v. Penn St, GT v. VT, Uconn losing to South Florida...

bring on the conference tourneys!

impirius

Hey, we're at .500 and out of the SEC East cellar! Not what I'd hoped for at the beginning of the season, but this team has been running on fumes for a while now, and it's sweet to see them end the season with a win.

Seth C

KevinRo said:

This afternoon Louisville, UNRANKED, beat the #1 team in the country. Not only was it senior day, but it is the last time they will ever be playing in Freedom Hall. They didn't rush the court. You were saying?

Seth C

perfectchaos007 said:
I think Rick Barnes should should reject his pay check this season. A pile of dirt could have done a better job coaching this year.

But what does that mean Roy Williams should do with his paycheck?

SyNapSe

both of them should give their checks to me if they want to continue losing, or World Wide Wes if they want to win again.

bill0527

perfectchaos007 said:
I think Rick Barnes should should reject his pay check this season. A pile of dirt could have done a better job coaching this year.

Rick Barnes is a terrible coach. Great recruiter, but he apparently can't even motivate a dehydrated man to take a sip of water. There's just no excuse for the meltdowns every year either in the NCAA tourney, or in the case of this year, the regular season. I don't know how somebody so clueless on how to coach ends up with talent like that. You would think the recruits would wisen up to this and go play for someone who will make them better, instead of worse.

DY_nasty

Seth C said:
This afternoon Louisville, UNRANKED, beat the #1 team in the country. Not only was it senior day, but it is the last time they will ever be playing in Freedom Hall. They didn't rush the court. You were saying?
:lol
Seth C said:
But what does that mean Roy Williams should do with his paycheck?
Hire a recruiter.

Seth C

We know you are terrible, UNC, but way to just roll over tonight. Hahaha.

Outdoor Miner said:
This years NIT Final Four will probably consist of Illinois, Georgia Tech, North Carolina, and UConn.

Not bad. :lol

You know there isn't even a remote chance that UNC will make it that far.

jjasper

:lol After UTs win over Mississippi state today (by the way that had to be the absolute worst performance by a bubble team at home ever) Florida, Tennessee, Vandy, and Kentucky finished a stellar 24-0 against the west.

DY_nasty

Seth C said:
Sorry, but your boys are making Duke look way better than they actually are.
This is gonna get Duke a #1 seed in the tournament.

I can't believe I'm watching Duke dub up UNC like this. Good thing the season prepared me for this massive beatdown months ago.

Henson is seething with hatred right now. I can see him just bitchslapping Drew at any moment. I think he's my new favorite Tar Heel.

DY_nasty

Jamesfrom818 said:
I just turned to the Duke vs UNC game. Wow.
I'm forcing myself to watch at this point. I'm going to watch the whole thing so that when we're in the Final Four in a couple of years and all the bandwagoners show up, I can say "Where were you when Duke came in our faces?"

DJ_Tet

Banned
DY_nasty said:
This is gonna get Duke a #1 seed in the tournament.

Naa, no one is impressed watching Duke piss on UNC while UNC rolls over. If UNC had actually shown up and Duke took them to the woodshed then that would be one thing. But this victory impresses no one.

They might still get a #1 seed if they win the ACC Tourney, but that has way more to do with K State losing twice and Purdue's best player blowing out his knee.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Bowser said:
You can't...you can't be...serious? Dook, a top 5 team, would rush the court if they beat an unranked UNC team at home? I don't give a fuck about the circumstances, that's hilarious :lol

Thankfully I was wrong.

Watched the game from the bleachers, but not the TV side, so I was able to watch in peace and didn't have to jump up and down in a swarm of Crazies. I'm really going to miss Cameron next year, I'm so mad I won't be able to see next year's Duke/UNC game. Should be epic if each team's recruits live up to the hype.

SyNapSe

jjasper said:
:lol After UTs win over Mississippi state today (by the way that had to be the absolute worst performance by a bubble team at home ever) Florida, Tennessee, Vandy, and Kentucky finished a stellar 24-0 against the west.

Let's face it, the SEC west is a wasteland of basketball in it's current state. Arkansas has some history ... in my lifetime, at least. LSU has had some success but man they fell off.

Senior day at Rupp today. I'm getting there at like 11:15 for the pre-game festivities.

Stevenson, Harris, and Krebs. Krebs went from DIII to walk on to getting a scholarship under Calipari. Stevenson and Harris....3 coaches in 4 years. Starters to off the bench. These guys deserve it this year.

Patterson will be honored as well, despite not playing for 4 years. The rationale? he's getting his degree in 3 years. He's taking 18 hours this spring to graduate, and then he's going to the NBA. Wall and Cousins won't be honored officially despite leaving when the season ends, but then again they aren't graduating either.

All in all it should be a very emotional game w/6 guys playing their last game at Rupp. I hope we DESTROY florida.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom