• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Basketball 2009-2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

clav

Schlookum said:
:lol The frickin' Michigan defender just standing there with his arm up after Turner's shot went in. Like a statue.
Buzzer beaters don't happen a lot. It's not funny at all.

You would be, too, if you had to guard a guy a couple feet taller than you.

bachikarn said:
Kentucky down 5 to Bama at the half. Love the Grant.
hypnogirl.gif

Schlookum

Neo Member
claviertekky said:
Buzzer beaters don't happen a lot. It's not funny at all.

You would be, too, if you had to guard a guy a couple feet taller than you.

You really need to see some of the replays to appreciate what I'm talking about. I'm not mocking the guy, just laughing because all of the chaos that is happening around him while he's just standing there in shock. It just looks absurd

clav

Schlookum said:
You really need to see some of the replays to appreciate what I'm talking about. I'm not mocking the guy, just laughing because all of the chaos that is happening around him while he's just standing there in shock. It just looks absurd
Of course he's in shock. His team lost to a buzzer shot that doesn't happen often. If you find that funny, then good for you for taking laughter in other people's misery.

Great game by both teams.

Schlookum

Neo Member
claviertekky said:
Of course he's in shock. His team lost to a buzzer shot that doesn't happen often. If you find that funny, then good for you for taking laughter in other people's misery.

Great game by both teams.

Good lord, get the stick out of your ass. I'm not reveling in the kids misery, I even said I not even making fun of the guy. I didn't have any dog in that game, as I'm not a fan of either team. You must be related to the guy since you're so worried about his feelings.

SyNapSe

It might have been good to challenge OSU on the inbounds a bit more instead of just hanging everybody back. big shot though

clav

Brian Fellows said:
Sad thing is we are going to be twice as bad next year. Probably about as bad as Iowa or PSU were this year.
I suppose you say that since you guys had a period of bad recruiting? I don't know much about Michigan Basketball. I've just heard your star players this season were not recruited by Beilein. You guys supposedly have a great coach though.

Northwestern's been plagued with long periods of bad basketball for poor recruiting, and the coach is not spectacular as he's only brought the Princeton Offense to the Big 10. He touts the 1-3-1 defense, but that's easily shredded apart. The guy who plays at the top of the key is always a short guy, and simply if you put size mismatches and good passing, then that whole defense just flat out sucks.

I don't see how Northwestern will win against Purdue later today. Purdue is missing their lead player, and Northwestern is plagued with a few minor injuries.

I will still watch.

Schlookum said:
Good lord, get the stick out of your ass. I'm not reveling in the kids misery, I even said I not even making fun of the guy. I didn't have any dog in that game, as I'm not a fan of either team. You must be related to the guy since you're so worried about his feelings.

So what are you laughing about? :)

jjasper

Someone should call out Ashley Judd for being the biggest fair weather fan ever.

Edit: Calapari X's and O's :lol That is right up there with Prince having high BBall IQ Jimmy.

Schlookum

Neo Member
claviertekky said:
I suppose you say that since you guys had a period of bad recruiting? I don't know much about Michigan Basketball. I've just heard your star players this season were not recruited by Beilein. You guys supposedly have a great coach though.

Northwestern's been plagued with long periods of bad basketball for poor recruiting, and the coach is not spectacular as he's only brought the Princeton Offense to the Big 10. He touts the 1-3-1 defense, but that's easily shredded apart. The guy who plays at the top of the key is always a short guy, and simply if you put size mismatches and good passing, then that whole defense just flat out sucks.

I don't see how Northwestern will win against Purdue later today. Purdue is missing their lead player, and Northwestern is plagued with a few minor injuries.

I will still watch.

So what are you laughing about? :)

I don't know really, I just thought it looked funny. No malice behind my laughter. :p

jjasper

I wish more refs would not call the "its the end of the shot clock so I am going to jump into you shot" It is such bullshit.

BJK

As a Badger alum, the first half of Wisconsin - Illinois has been painful thusfar. (When the Badgers can't even hit free throws...ugh.) Fortunately, Illinois has turned the ball over enough that the Badgers could get back into it in the second half if they get any kind of shooting rhythm.

SyNapSe

claviertekky said:
Wow, how did I not know Michael Jordan's son, Jeffrey Jordan, plays for the Fighting Illini?

He has another son who plays in florida. Lots of players have had kids playing college ball the last few years.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
claviertekky said:

We just aren't going to have much talent next year. Its going to be Manny and a bunch of guys who should becoming off the bench.

Just got back from Eddie Georges bar on campus. Mode was really somber after michigan hit that shot to go up 2. Then when turner hit that spot whole place went crazy everyone screaming and jumping, and a man in his 40's in a business suit jumping up and down whilst hugging me.

Best part is Matta after turner hit that shot yelling "Player of the year" at Michigan's coach beilein, since beilein was the only coach not to vote evan turner big ten player of the year.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
bucknuticus said:
Best part is Matta after turner hit that shot yelling "Player of the year" at Michigan's coach beilein, since beilein was the only coach not to vote evan turner big ten player of the year.

He was? Who the hell did he vote for?

bucknuticus said:
Just got back from Eddie Georges bar on campus. Mode was really somber after michigan hit that shot to go up 2. Then when turner hit that spot whole place went crazy everyone screaming and jumping, and a man in his 40's in a business suit jumping up and down whilst hugging me.
Jealous. I was stuck at work downtown. Luckily, we have a TV with cable in our break room, but it wasn't exactly the ideal place to watch college basketball.

Eddie George's is awesome. Great burgers (though I haven't been brave enough to try the deep fried burger yet).

God fucking damn it. We CANNOT ever win comfortably. Should have been a 20 point win. Cardiac Kids strike again. Seasons like this when I'm older are what will be the death of me.

5 wins against Top 25 teams. I'm pretty sure that is most in the country. 2 of them on the road and 1 on a neutral court. Yeah, we're in.

ggnoobIGN

Banned
Outdoor Miner said:
God fucking damn it. We CANNOT ever win comfortably. Should have been a 20 point win. Cardiac Kids strike again. Seasons like this when I'm older are what will be the death of me.

5 wins against Top 25 teams. I'm pretty sure that is most in the country. 2 of them on the road and 1 on a neutral court. Yeah, we're in.

Everyone keeps saying 5, but it's actually 6. Then again, really no one should be remembering that Northwestern was actually ranked this year.

Mrbob

So does the Illini get in now?

They were in a must win game last sunday when the Badgers beat their ass at home. Now they win in a MUST WIN game (again!) today, barely scraping by when the Badgers are already looking forward to the NCAA tournament. Honestly I think Illinois needs to win at least one more to get in at this point. But other bubble teams are tanking so they might have a shot already.

I think I'm still gonna pick Wisconsin to make it to the Final Four. This team is a dark horse for sure. Glad they lost today...give them something to think about so they come out more focused.

Mrbob

Yeah it is better to rest up and get ready for the tourney at this point anyway. Since they finished fourth in the big 10, winning or losing this tournament isn't going to affect their seeding. The big 10 tournament means nothing to them (or Ohio State, Mich State, Purdue) so get rest now and get ready for the real thing. Evan Turner shouldn't have thrown up the miracle shot which went in for a win. :lol

ggnoobIGN

Banned
Mrbob said:
So does the Illini get in now?

They were in a must win game last sunday when the Badgers beat their ass at home. Now they win in a MUST WIN game (again!) today, barely scraping by when the Badgers are already looking forward to the NCAA tournament. Honestly I think Illinois needs to win at least one more to get in at this point. But other bubble teams are tanking so they might have a shot already.
Illinois is a lock at this point. They have what is probably the most impressive list of big wins of just about anyone in the country. Big wins has proven to be the number one criteria for deciding who goes to the tourney and who doesn't. Illini shouldn't even have to sweat it out at this point.

ggnoobIGN - You're right about NU. I keep forgetting they were ranked because thanks to us it only lasted a day or two. :lol

Mrbob - We are a good but maddeningly inconsistent team. Without a couple of bad losses in November and a couple of Big 10 screw jobs in conference play, we're probably looking at a 4 or 5 seed in the dance.

We can do some damage if we can make this, IMO, weak tournament field. I wouldn't want to be the 5 or 6 seed that plays us, especially being away from those GD Big10 refs. :D

NewLib

Banned
So unless Miss State goes on a run and beats Florida and Vandy (might need to beat Kentucky/Tennessee too) its pretty much official now that SEC will only get 4 teams.

What a disappointment Ole Miss has been in the SEC this year after their good OOC.

Seth C

NewLib said:
So unless Miss State goes on a run and beats Florida and Vandy (might need to beat Kentucky/Tennessee too) its pretty much official now that SEC will only get 4 teams.

What a disappointment Ole Miss has been in the SEC this year after their good OOC.

If Ole Miss could come back to win (they won't) and Florida won tonight, I think we would get 5. We'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom