• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Basketball 2009-2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewLib

Banned
Seth C said:
If Ole Miss could come back to win (they won't) and Florida won tonight, I think we would get 5. We'll see.

Im pretty sure Florida in regardless at this point. Its a really weak bubble.

Seth C

NewLib said:
Im pretty sure Florida in regardless at this point. Its a really weak bubble.

Well, as of right now I think Ole Miss is one of the last four in according to Lunardi, so we could manage to get 5 in. It will just look bad when Florida and Ole Miss get really bad seeds and get knocked off in the first round, but oh well.

dabig2

ggnoobIGN said:
Illinois is a lock at this point. They have what is probably the most impressive list of big wins of just about anyone in the country. Big wins has proven to be the number one criteria for deciding who goes to the tourney and who doesn't. Illini shouldn't even have to sweat it out at this point.

Agreed. Illinois played quite a hard schedule over the past month and got what they did. Beating Wiscy here was a must and they just did it. Keep it contestable with OSU tomorrow and it's just a matter of what seed they get.

P.S. Illinois rides momentum to beating a lucky-ass OSU.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
ggnoobIGN said:
Illinois is a lock at this point. They have what is probably the most impressive list of big wins of just about anyone in the country. Big wins has proven to be the number one criteria for deciding who goes to the tourney and who doesn't. Illini shouldn't even have to sweat it out at this point.

I think Illinois should be in, but "most impressive list of big wins"? :lol

UK did not come out wanting to play today, and our 3-spot (miller/liggins/dodson) had another no-show as well.

But it is fucking awesome to have wall score 7 in a row to give us the lead and have him run back down the court and wave his arms up, putting the crowd of almost 20K on their feet. It really was like Rupp South (ala the ga dome) today, and was sweet to be there.

Going back in an hour to hopefully see fl and vandy lose. Tomorrow, ticket prices will be insane, and the uk-tn game should be fun.

Gluck to GT tonight trying to take down Maryland.

ggnoobIGN

Banned
chuckddd said:
I think Illinois should be in, but "most impressive list of big wins"? :lol
In terms of sheer, number yes, I believe so. Who else has beaten 5 ranked teams that are also going to the tourney. Two of those even were on the road and a third on a neutral court.

ggnoobIGN said:
In terms of sheer, number yes, I believe so. Who else has beaten 5 ranked teams that are also going to the tourney. Two of those even were on the road and a third on a neutral court.

Ohio state has for one.

jjasper

kkaabboomm said:
Going back in an hour to hopefully see fl and vandy lose. Tomorrow, ticket prices will be insane, and the uk-tn game should be fun.

Really? If they win, tomorrow would be awesome. I would love to go see UT/UK and UF/VU.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
ggnoobIGN said:

UNM is 6-0 vs ranked teams this year. It's my Alma Mater and I won't even think of saying they have the most big wins. Kansas has beaten 5 top 20 RPI teams this year. Syracuse has beaten 4. West Virginia has beaten 4. Purdue has beaten 3. OSU has beaten 3. MSU has beaten 2. UNM has beaten 2. Illinois has beaten 1.

clav

NewLib said:
Yeah, this was going to be an interesting game for Purdue. They are 2-1 since Hummel but their two wins were against Iowa and Indiana.
Eh. It's a close game right now although Purdue is running away with it.

dabig2 said:
Agreed. Illinois played quite a hard schedule over the past month and got what they did. Beating Wiscy here was a must and they just did it. Keep it contestable with OSU tomorrow and it's just a matter of what seed they get.

P.S. Illinois rides momentum to beating a lucky-ass OSU.
Not so sure about that, Matta completely owns Weber.

(like Weber completely owns Bo)

Nice to see us hold on and win -- I say 'see' in a vague sort of way, because I was in the middle of a meeting at work watching the lead dwindle via score updates. I think we're probably in as long as we play OSU close tomorrow, but who knows. No question that we would've been out with a loss today.

NewLib

Banned
Im pretty sure if Georgia Tech wins, its all part of the large conspiracy to give Duke the easiest road to a #1 seed as possible.

Proelite

NewLib said:
Im pretty sure if Georgia Tech wins, its all part of the large conspiracy to give Duke the easiest road to a #1 seed as possible.

Fourth 1 seed and first 2nd seed doesn't really make a difference.

Clusterfuck of a game by both teams.

Duke would've thumped them both anyways.

Bowser

I was wondering how Maryland has shot the ball 20 more times than GT when GT has outrebounded them and then I saw that GT has 26 TOs! Yikes, that's 2010 Heels level play right there.

NewLib

Banned
Proelite said:
Fourth 1 seed and first 2nd seed doesn't really make a difference.

It does because the #4 1 seed doesnt get matched up with the #1 2 Seed. For example, if Duke is the #5 ranked team, they would get the closest region and so they play in the East with Kentucky as the #1 seed.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Seth C said:
I'm confused. Why aren't Maryland fans throwing shit and spitting on the GT players?
FIFY And yes to whoever asked early, Miami can totally beat Duke. We played like complete ass and they've been hot. We struggled big time in Miami during the 1st half earlier this year. If they bomb threes on us, you'll get to see a non Duke/UNC involved ACC final for the first time in forever (since Duncan/WF I think)

Schlookum said:
:lol The frickin' Michigan defender just standing there with his arm up after Turner's shot went in. Like a statue.

:lol :lol I've been watching the replays of that shot, I think it's Stu Douglas, it does look pretty funny, you see everyone celebrating and this kid just standing there with his hand still up in disbelief.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
In a stunning act of compassion, UNM handed the game to SDSU in an attempt to get 4 MWC teams into the tournament.

Fuck! I'm gonna go get drunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom