• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Basketball 2009-2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oozer3993

After a thorough review of available video footage I have come to the conclusion that Michigan was totally hosed at the end of that game. On the in bound pass, Evan Turner catches the ball, turns around, and dribbles once before the clock begins to run. That accounts for more time than was left on the clock when the ball left Turner's hand on the shot. To summarize: The evil, evil OSU benefited from poor officiating (for what seems like the umpteenth time!) to beat a team that stands for all that is right and decent in this world.

Cal booked a place in the Pac-10 Championship game w/ a win over UCLA tonight. Kind of an ugly game, but they put it together in the 2nd half.

Speaking of ugly games, Stanford and Washington are at 4-6 with about 12 minutes left in the 1st half of the other semi-final. Teams are a combined 4 for 24 from the field right now. :lol

Seth C

NewLib said:
Semis for the ACC are Duke/Miami and Georgia Tech/NC State. Wow.

Yeah. Duke has the 12 seed and then 7/11 to get through. They couldn't have hand picked a better setup for themselves. It is entirely possible that their best opponent the entire tournament might have been the #9 seed they opened the tournament and to win it all they may have played 9, 11, and 12. Wow. :lol

So I take it if Minnesota beats Purdue tomorrow they get to dance? Or are we(not that I play for them) already in? :D

It'd give us wins over all 5 teams above us in the Big Ten.

1-1 Ohio State
1-2 Purdue(lost by a point at home)
1-2 Mich State(lost by a point at home)
1-0 Wisconsin
1-0 Illinois
---------
5-5

NewLib

Banned
ErasureAcer said:
So I take it if Minnesota beats Purdue tomorrow they get to dance? Or are we(not that I play for them) already in? :D

It'd give us wins over all 5 teams above us in the Big Ten.

1-1 Ohio State
1-2 Purdue(lost by a point at home)
1-2 Mich State(lost by a point at home)
1-0 Wisconsin
1-0 Illinois
---------
5-5

I think Minnesota needs to win tomorrow to be comfortable. I wouldnt want to leave it up to the committee especially if UTEP gets upset tomorrow or Duke loses in the ACC Tourny or Miss State wins the SEC.

DJ_Tet

Banned
Seth C said:
Yeah. Duke has the 12 seed and then 7/11 to get through. They couldn't have hand picked a better setup for themselves. It is entirely possible that their best opponent the entire tournament might have been the #9 seed they opened the tournament and to win it all they may have played 9, 11, and 12. Wow. :lol

Looks worse than it is considering there are barely 2 teams in the ACC worth a damn. Take the rest, toss them in a hat and see who comes out on top. If anything the tournament is showing that.

As stated earlier, Miami absolutely had Duke on the ropes in their earlier meeting in Miami. Duke was down 12 at half I think.

Karakand

With DePaul's basketball season over, the search for the school's next coach is officially underway.

Here are some names we're hearing: Georgia Tech coach Paul Hewitt, ESPN analyst Steve Lavin, Jazz assistant and former DePaul star Tyrone Corbin and, if you want a long shot, UCLA's Ben Howland, who could be looking to leave Westwood.
He sent out feelers to UCONN so this isn't that wild a rumor. Would be for the best so he doesn't have to get shit-canned.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Dresden said:
Early exit from tourneys is becoming a UNM trademark... I hope this doesn't happen again next week.

Dresden. What happened to you, brother? New avy, new tag, no longer a junior. I didn't recognize you!

And yes, I'm a bit concerned about UNM's tourney chances. Alford hasn't shown himself to be a good tournament coach. I sure hope he has some magic left in his red jacket.

16bwknm.jpg

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Seth C said:

Ga Tech and NC State beat Duke in January, Miami almost did. The ACC is fairly average this year, Duke has just been more consistent than the other teams, not necessarily better. Again, do not be surprised if Duke does not win the ACC championship, this team has the same weaknesses as last year, with no real strengths to overcome them outside of experience.

Seth C

Argh. Tony Greene is officiating the SEC games today. Well, this is guaranteed to suck.

truly101 said:
Ga Tech and NC State beat Duke in January, Miami almost did. The ACC is fairly average this year, Duke has just been more consistent than the other teams, not necessarily better. Again, do not be surprised if Duke does not win the ACC championship, this team has the same weaknesses as last year, with no real strengths to overcome them outside of experience.

Who do you think you're telling? Look, Duke fucking SUCKS away from Cameron this year. I wouldn't be surprised if they lost to a Division II school at this point. Doesn't change a damn thing. Their path still is as easy as it could possibly have been. :lol

SyNapSe

ErasureAcer said:
I'm not having ANY ACC team reach the Sweet 16. They all suck.

*reach* the sweet 16? wow, that's harsh. The ACC is clearly as down as it's ever been in my lifetime but geez. We haven't seen the brackets but I think Duke has it more than in the past few seasons. A bit more presence inside

Brinbe

UTEP done. Glad for Houston since they were one of my old Legacy mode teams in CH2K8. :lol

And Gus' HA-HAAA! made my day.

SyNapSe

chuckddd said:
I'd avoid Tulsa for a while. UTEP just imploded so hard that I think there may be a quantum singularity forming.

wat. why avoid tulsa then?

Damn, Duke starts some serious upperclassmen muscle. 3 seniors and 2 juniors. Rare to see that nowadays.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
SyNapSe said:
wat. why avoid tulsa then?

Because that's where the CUSA tournament is being held. I guess the black hole could extend to El Paso, but they didn't go Sacramento v LAL game 6 2002 or anything. The fall out from that game absorbed the soul of the entire Kings organization.

SyNapSe

chuckddd said:
Because that's where the CUSA tournament is being held. I guess the black hole could extend to El Paso, but they didn't go Sacramento v LAL game 6 2002 or anything. The fall out from that game absorbed the soul of the entire Kings organization.

ahh, I see now. :) Duke gets a couple of turnovers for easy points.

NewLib

Banned
Aesius said:
The officials/commentators love for Cousins and Wall is only paralled by the love they have for Tim Tebow.

Could you imagine if Tim Tebow played basketball? The entire other team would foul out by looking at him.

NewLib

Banned
jjasper said:
I don't have a problem with the lovefest but I think Kentucky could punch us in the face right bow and it wouldn't matter.

I have to agree. The refs have been overwhelming deferential to Kentucky.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
NewLib said:
Could you imagine if Tim Tebow played basketball? The entire other team would foul out by looking at him.

He should've played basketball. He had the best vertical leap of any qb ever at the combine. Plus, if he played basketball, he'd have a future as a professional athlete. I'd say he'd be Tyler Hansbrough-esque, without the creepy eyes and vertigo.

chuckddd said:

Well UTEP can just look at it as not matching up well with UH. Their last lost before today's came from UH so I don't think UTEP will totally crater after this loss. They should be fine in the tournament. possibly winning 2 rounds.

jjasper

Doesn't look like the officialing is going to balance out this half. Oh well on to the big dance, hopefully as a 4 seed.

Edit: this is terrible, if Bruce doesn't get T'ed up soon I am gonna get pissed at him.

Seth C

jjasper said:
I don't have a problem with the lovefest but I think Kentucky could punch us in the face right bow and it wouldn't matter.

I counted 5 moving screens on your boys in the first half. None where whistled. I wouldn't complain. :)

And just for you, they called a foul on Cousins when he had a clean block.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom