• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Basketball 2009-2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Rafa=FedKilla said:
:D :D :D :D You got me. I was out to prove myself in the beginning, but in the end I made a name for myself .:lol

Man, are you serious? Ignore list just got +1.

If you guys want to see the lamest ejection ever, find some highlights of CSU/SDSU.

DJ_Tet

Banned
ErasureAcer said:
UNC crushing GT up by 12 right now with 3 minutes left in first half. Can we all admit the ACC sucks?

Worst year in the ACC that I can remember, talent-wise.

That said, if GT thinks they are going to the NCAA they better wake up.

Nice little 7-0 run to start the second half, they need to come with purpose.

Bowser

Mercifully, the second worst season in Carolina basketball season has come to a close. I hope we don't get a NIT invite either, I can't stand to watch another game with this "team."

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Bowser said:
Mercifully, the second worst season in Carolina basketball season has come to a close. I hope we don't get a NIT invite either, I can't stand to watch another game with this "team."
I'll be so happy to see Deon Thompson go.

Henson and Davis are going to be really good next year though. Henson really impressed me through the back half of the season. He gets some polish, and a little more muscle, and he'll be good to go. I'd kill for a competent guard though. Hope that Barnes lives up to the hype...

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
DY_nasty said:
I'll be so happy to see Deon Thompson go.

Henson and Davis are going to be really good next year though. Henson really impressed me through the back half of the season. He gets some polish, and a little more muscle, and he'll be good to go. I'd kill for a competent guard though. Hope that Barnes lives up to the hype...

Word is Davis is gone, but honestly if his head is already off to the pros, you don't want him. Trust me.

/McRoberts'd

DY_nasty

truly101 said:
Word is Davis is gone, but honestly if his head is already off to the pros, you don't want him. Trust me.

/McRoberts'd
Meh, all UNC guys have their eyes on the pros. Lawson wanted to leave his sophomore and would've had he not been an idiot.

If Davis tries to leave this year, he'd probably be a late lottery pick in the best case scenario. I wouldn't blame him if he did, but he really needs another year.

Bowser

truly101 said:

/McRoberts'd

I think Davis would be making a mistake by leaving, but if he does, I don't think we'll be hurt too badly. While it would be good to have him back, I think Henson and Zeller at the 4/5 will be good enough. If Davis does leave, I wouldn't mind Roy going after CJ Leslie either (though I think he's likely to end up at UK).

DY_nasty

Bowser said:
I think Davis would be making a mistake by leaving, but if he does, I don't think we'll be hurt too badly. While it would be good to have him back, I think Henson and Zeller at the 4/5 will be good enough. If Davis does leave, I wouldn't mind Roy going after CJ Leslie either (though I think he's likely to end up at UK).
I thought we already had Leslie!

:lol :lol :lol

Roy, I want to believe.

Bowser

Seth C said:
You think Roy would consider refusing an NIT bid?

No, I don't think so. He's always of the mindset that more games can only be a good thing. Me? I would rather not finish below .500.

Seth C

Cincy had their chance to upset the last of the top 4 seeds in the Big East tournament, but sadly, dribbling a basketball is a lost art in Ohio.

DY_nasty

Seth C said:
Cincy had their chance to upset the last of the top 4 seeds in the Big East tournament, but sadly, dribbling a basketball is a lost art in Ohio.
That kid Stephenson is gonna be pretty good.

SEC tourney report (the doubletree lacks wifi so this is via iPhone)

1) a million UK people here. A million. It is awesome.

2) if you don't have tickets for tomorrow, or a book of tickets for the remainder, you will pay a LOT of money. A pair of upper upper tickets is like 500 (250 each) for the first session tomorrow (uk game then tn game). Lots of people looking for tickets.

3) lots of Tennessee orange too.

4) roll tide! Upset of south Carolina means uk doesn't have to play then a third time.

5) the games have all been good, close games with 5 min left. Teams coming back, making it a 5 or so point game, staying in it, it's been a lot of fun.

6) i managed to snag some players tickets for free for the lsu game, so i was 4 rows off the court behind the lsu bench. My real seats are like 14 rows up across from that bench, but this was a bit more fun and I saw myself on the TV broadcast they have on the big screens on a couple of occassions.

7) this is an amazingly fun atmosphere. Bars, drinking before and between sessions, lots of fun people, and great basketball.

I heard Syracuse and nova and Pitt all lost today too? And Arizona? Sweet. And GT won?? Go tech!!! (ny alma mater) Man I love college basketball, especially in march.

g0est

There is an abortion of a game going on between Duke and Virginia right now.

Edit:
Tied at the half
Duke shooting 11-41 (2-10 from 3), Virginia 11-35 (2-7 from 3)

Virginia's defense has been insane and they would be up by at least 10 if they could hit an open shot to save their lives.

whhhhhhatttt evan turner that was insane, if it counts. What an ending, heartbreaker for Michigan, there's not much you can do against miracle shots like that.

clav

What a heartbreaker for Michigan. Michigan could have really pulled off with an upset had Evan Turner not made that final shot.

Incredible game.

Schlookum

Neo Member
:lol The frickin' Michigan defender just standing there with his arm up after Turner's shot went in. Like a statue.

Kentucky is playing like crap, finally hit a 3 right before the half.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom