• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Basketball 2009-2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Freshmen are carrying us. Me like DJ's game. Oh and he was so fouled on that 3pt airball, bt oh well.

Evan Turner is a whiny bitch when things aren't going his way. I hope DJ and DMac keep fucking with his head.

Diebler is a mismatch against Paul defensively and he took advantage of it getting him with 2 early fouls. Paul is playing so smart I'm really in disbelief that it actually is him.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
See, I told you Miami could beat Duke. The team is sucking on a big ol tasty dick while the canes pound them in the ass like a 2 dollar whore. No pride, no pride at all. Its just as well we don't get the number 1 seed because we're going home at the end of next weekend

Seth C

jjasper said:
It helps, if they continue it for the rest of the half to make up for the first half I will not complain.

Bwahahaha. The first half was just the refs not calling touch fouls, on both sides. Your boys hold and swipe every single game. They never get called for a moving screen, and they set about 10 a game.

Second half? Well hell, it's been so bad that in 9 minutes the foul differential is almost gone already.

Seth C

truly101 said:
See, I told you Miami could beat Duke. The team is sucking on a big ol tasty dick while the canes pound them in the ass like a 2 dollar whore. No pride, no pride at all. Its just as well we don't get the number 1 seed because we're going home at the end of next weekend

Dude, we know Miami can beat Duke. Get this, ANYONE can beat Duke away from Cameron. You aren't very good. Haha.

Seth C

jjasper said:
You can't seriously think the first half was even.

I think they could have called a WHOLE lot of fouls on your team that they didn't. Did they miss a bunch of fouls on UK? Yes. They also ignored every moving screen you set. Period. Oh, and I just saw another moving screen that they did not call.

truly101 said:
Yeah, we're playing like UK has been the past 4 years ;)

I'll take 7 championships and the best winning percentage in college basketball. kthxbye ;)

And let's be honest, Duke did less with more the last four years anyway, you don't have much to brag about. :p

Seth C

jjasper said:
Two people jawing and one ref tries to work it out and someone not involved comes in and gives 2 techs?

No, Chism has been called for a technical already. Tony Greene came in and added the T on Kentucky. Be thankful. Haha.

jjasper

Seth C said:
No, Chism has been called for a technical already. Tony Green came in and added the T on Kentucky. Be thankful. Haha.

That is cause it was complete bullshit from the other ref and the guy that was actually there called the T on Orton cause he actually knew what happened. This officiating was for Kentucky you can deny it all you want, but you would never admit anything going Kentucky's way.Since the world is out to get them though for no reason.

Doesn't matter anymore though cause Kentucky turned it on here near the end without the refs help.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
i wish we had some dude like cameron mills who was just sort of the go-to three point shooter.

jjasper said:
Doesn't matter anymore though cause Kentucky turned it on here near the end without the refs help.

yeah, those evil refs.

Seth C

jjasper said:
That is cause it was complete bullshit from the other ref and the guy that was actually there called the T on Orton cause he actually knew what happened. This officiating was for Kentucky you can deny it all you want, but you would never admit anything going Kentucky's way.Since the world is out to get them though for no reason.

Be thankful you had the refs at home or you'd be losing for the third time. ;)

don't change your story. First you said the guy ran over and called two technicals. I corrected you. The first technical went against UT. And I wouldn't expect you to ever admit that your team sets 10 moving screens a game. The orange is blinding, after all.

Anyway, another double technical. Haha. In a game with a 15 point lead.

jjasper

Seth C said:
Be thankful you had the refs at home or you'd be losing for the third time. ;)

And I wouldn't expect you to ever admit that your team sets 10 moving screens a game. The orange is blinding, after all.

I openly admitted during the last game the refs were helping us out. I have no problem admitting that when it happens.

Seth C

jjasper said:
I openly admitted during the last game the refs were helping us out. I have no problem admitting that when it happens.

And I will freely admit that the calls in this game have been inconsistent. They have missed calls on both ends, and they have switched back and forth from ignoring fouls to calling touch fouls. It sucks, and I wish they would just be consistent.

Flagrant foul on Goins and then a double technical on Goins and Cousins. This is getting out of hand.

OSU's looking pretty shitty today. It's not a huge deal if we don't win the tournament, other than possibly costing us a one seed. Still, it's always nice to win it.

It's crazy how Illinois comes alive during the tournaments.

jjasper

They should just end this before a fight breaks out.

Edit: It would be fun if Kentucky wasn't losing everyone next year so this personal hate could continue. Although luckily both coaches hate each other so much this games should be filled with hate for years.

BertramCooper said:
OSU's looking pretty shitty today. It's not a huge deal if we don't win the tournament, other than possibly costing us a one seed. Still, it's always nice to win it.

It's crazy how Illinois comes alive during the tournaments.
Perhaps I spoke too soon. :lol

Mrbob

I think Minnesota needs to win today or they are out. They better hope Illinois loses, it will help their chances.

In fact, I think Minnesota has to win the big 10 tourney to get in. I don't see a scenerio where the selection committee takes 6 big 10 teams. 4 are already locks, with Illinois and Minnesota on the bubble. Minnesota wins the tourney they bounce Illinois out. If they don't I think the Illini get in ahead of them.

Seth C

Mrbob said:
I think Minnesota needs to win today or they are out. They better hope Illinois loses, it will help their chances.

In fact, I think Minnesota has to win the big 10 tourney to get in. I don't see a scenerio where the selection committee takes 6 big 10 teams. 4 are already locks, with Illinois and Minnesota on the bubble. Minnesota wins the tourney they bounce Illinois out. If they don't I think the Illini get in ahead of them.

Minnesota needs Illinois to lose and and they also need Mississippi State to not win their game today.

I did like seeing that after the game Cousins gave every single person a hug. Cousins likes giving hugs. :)

Mrbob

True. UTEP going down against Houston today hurt a lot of bubble teams from power conferences. They better hope Duke wins the ACC tourney as well.

Seth C

Mrbob said:
True. UTEP going down against Houston today hurt a lot of bubble teams from power conferences.

Yup, though the RI loss helped. Their chances are pretty much done. Mississippi State is probably in if they win today and advance to the championship game. It will be interesting to see though, sometimes the selection committee sees things a bit differently.

Mrbob said:
True. UTEP going down against Houston today hurt a lot of bubble teams from power conferences. They better hope Duke wins the ACC tourney as well.

At most it hurt 1 bubble team but more likely than not all it did was knock utep out of the tourney. Their resume is pretty empty compared to the rest of the teams on the bubble.

Seth C

bigtroyjon said:
At most it hurt 1 bubble team but more likely than not all it did was knock utep out of the tourney. Their resume is pretty empty compared to the rest of the teams on the bubble.

UTEP is ranked in both polls. I really doubt they are going to miss the tournament for losing in their championship game.

SyNapSe

I really hope Kansas gets to face Kentucky. Isn't that the whole point of the season? It looks like it'd be an exciting matchup. It's unlikely it happens given that teams need to win 4-5 games in a row against touch comp. to make the finals. In an odd way college football almost delivered a better championship experience this season w/ mini-playoffs happening in each conf. championship.

suaveric

lakesideflight said:
wow, that was close, I thought that Illinois guy just missed the game winning shot but time expired anyway.

I think thats why he didn't dunk it, he knew time was running out. good thing it already had.

Mrbob

Wow, what is Illinois doing at the end? Two straight times they've scewed up their final chance to score at the end of the game! Maybe they don't want to get into the tourney after all?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom