• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2012 Week 1 - Get Your Piss Hot

Status
Not open for further replies.

pxleyes

Banned
College OT is something very weird.
It is pretty typical. Each side gets a chance to score and play both sides of the ball. Baseball, soccer, basketball, hockey, etc... Only one that doesn't really follow the mold is the NFL.

andycapps

Top 10 posters for this week as of this game being over. I assume with new polls tomorrow comes a new thread.

User Name Posts

Lonestar 278
mre 219
Skiesofwonder 169
cdyhybrid 120
perfectchaos007 118
andycapps 116
bucknuticus 106
Cyan 95
Alligatorjandro 93
giga 88

If you kick before 4th down does that mean you get multiple tries?

Naw, you just get to try again from where the ball was downed. It is just to prevent a fumbled snap on 4th down, a la Romo back in the day.

edit: Okay, apparently if it is blocked before crossing the line of scrimmage you can in fact kick again, should your team recover it.

Cyan

Banned
Top 10 posters for this week as of this game being over. I assume with new polls tomorrow comes a new thread.

User Name Posts

Lonestar 278
mre 219
Skiesofwonder 169
cdyhybrid 120
perfectchaos007 118
andycapps 116
bucknuticus 106
Cyan 95
Alligatorjandro 93
giga 88

Damn, CJ fell off hard.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
So while you suckers were watching VT v. GT, I was watching Street Fighter: the Movie.

Suckers.

The latter, of course (Bane voice).

I can't throw in any single guy trivia. Not an old man yet.

But I did discover that that Aussie whasherface was in the movie via GAF like a week ago. It has been too long. I am sad I missed an apparent tv airing?

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Interesting. Very interesting.
The latter, of course (Bane voice).

I can't throw in any single guy trivia. Not an old man yet.

But I did discover that that Aussie whasherface was in the movie via GAF like a week ago. It has been too long. I am sad I missed an apparent tv airing?
Not sure. It was my guinea pig movie as I attempted to get HBO go to stream from my laptop to the PS3 through playon. Worked like a champ.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
Never let former players choose your head coach.

And you get what you pay for.

At least no one showed up with a Bill McCartney cutout.

Never let former players choose your head coach.

And you get what you pay for.

At least no one showed up with a Bill McCartney cutout.

Two days after calling for a rollout pass on fourth-and-less-than-one at the Colorado State goal line, Bieniemy conceded he should have called for his Colorado offense to run the ball.

"At the end of the day you always want to run it," Bieniemy said Monday. "If I woulda, shoulda, coulda...yeah, in hindsight we should have buckled up, knuckled down and run the ball."

Then why didn't you Mr.Bieniemy? Why didn't you...
They should hand out tin foil hats in Boulder, because this has conspiracy written all over it. Either that or stupidity.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
Then why didn't you Mr.Bieniemy? Why didn't you...
They should hand out tin foil hats in Boulder, because this has conspiracy written all over it. Either that or stupidity.

I'm going with "They were all high."

:( Brandon Jenkins

Thankfully FSU is deep at DE but it still sucks that this happened so early in the season (the first quarter of the first game) and that it was some bullshit accident with one of his teammates stepping on his foot. FSU has the worst injury luck confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom