• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 1| - Death Throes

At least it appears there's some semblance of modern offensive scheming being brought to the table. Or maybe it's the kids. Is the high school talent in the midwest finally catching on to competitive 7-on-7 in the offseason?

tokkun

Holy shit the B1G bottom feeders actually look competent for once.

I watched the Minnesota game, and they didn't look that good. The thing to remember is that UNLV is one of the worst teams in the FBS.

Indiana in particular actually has some buzz this season.

Indiana already had a pretty good offense last year. Their problem is their defense, and giving up 35 points to Indiana State is not a great sign. They will probably finally succeed in a decent upset this year, though, after coming close with tOSU a few times and Notre Dame last year.

Jamesways

I watched the Minnesota game, and they didn't look that good. The thing to remember is that UNLV is one of the worst teams in the FBS.

Seriously, it was more a game of opportunities on big plays. Interceptions where the ball is thrown right at them, and a blocked kick returned for a TD, plenty of plays like that. UNLV was just giving them the ball over and over.

tokkun, excited for Gary Andersen's debut?
I never get my hopes up super high each year, but I sure hope they're in the top 4 or so in the B1G this year.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Ole Millen, going on and on about which WR routes they should run next. Sounds like he's infatuated with WR's.

Subitai

Holy shit the B1G bottom feeders actually look competent for once.

large_offtackleempire.com.full.14756.png

Edit: Rutgers BOMB

What the hell was Rutgers doing as 10.5 underdogs to fresno state? Jesus, if I would have bet the farm on Rutgers if I saw that earlier. I would have guessed pickem if not Rutgers favorited. And yeah I know Fresno is somewhat decent.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Jesus, I hope this Carolina lineman has to sit a couple of games:

clowney_medium.gif

What the hell was Rutgers doing as 10.5 underdogs to fresno state? Jesus, if I would have bet the farm on Rutgers if I saw that earlier. I would have guessed pickem if not Rutgers favorited. And yeah I know Fresno is somewhat decent.
Somewhat decent? You do know that they are currently a top 20 team, don't you?

Draxal

3/4 of Rutgers starting secondary is playing for the Pats right now(although one probably already got cut), lost so many other defensive starters and the o was putrid last year. However, Fresno played nobody last year and it's showing now.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Don't think they are.
It wasn't something open for debate. The polls are wrong. Rutgers is a top ten team and Fresno state is a top twenty team. RIGHT NOW.
Also raise you:

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1778569/bitearly_medium.gif[img]

Kick him off the team.[/QUOTE]
At least the ISU player got ejected. I don't think the Carolina player even got a penalty, though I could be wrong.

tokkun

tokkun, excited for Gary Andersen's debut?
I never get my hopes up super high each year, but I sure hope they're in the top 4 or so in the B1G this year.

I am not setting my expectations very high. I think this will be a down year for the program. The constant coach turnover takes its toll, there still doesn't seem to be a solid answer at QB, don't have a #2 receiver to take the load off Abbrederis, and the offensive line is a question mark.

I am positive on the running backs at least. I think Gordon and White will be a solid combo. I don't think either of them is quite as much of a hitter as Ball was, but I think with a less dominant OL, they need to be focusing on mobility a little more anyway.

As far as the defense goes, it's kind of a mystery. We lost most of the personnel in the secondary after last season, so we will have to see how the freshmen and juco transfers work out. There will also be some growing pains if Andersen wants to implement the more aggressive corner presses he ran with Utah State. There's also the question of Andersen wanting to go to 3-4 and how well that will work against other B1G offenses.

So I'm expecting 7-8 wins this year.

Andy's picks are blank on there.

Edit: where can I watch the USC game?

CBSsports network, if you mean on TV

It's really not worth watching. Playing two QBs usually means you have no good QBs, and it makes me worry that Max Browne couldn't crack this rotation.

CBSsports network, if you mean on TV

It's really not worth watching. Playing two QBs usually means you have no good QBs, and it makes me worry that Max Browne couldn't crack this rotation.

They clearly want to redshirt him come hell or high water.

Kiffin's playcalling has been terrible again, though. I think only one pass over 5 yards and it was to Lee, who dropped it.

Hawaii's defense knows they can just run straight ahead every play.

Top Bottom