• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 1| - Death Throes

Cagey

Banned
Huge difference in blocking in the first and second half.

It's a combination of blocking + vision/decisiveness/burst. James doesn't seem to have top-end speed but he gets through the hole quickly enough, he spots it, and he goes. Huggins in his tenure has been the sort of back that makes blocking look worse than it is. He reminds me of the NFL version of Shonn Greene.

Draxal

It's a combination of blocking + vision/decisiveness/burst. James doesn't seem to have top-end speed but he gets through the hole quickly enough, he spots it, and he goes. Huggins in his tenure has been the sort of back that makes blocking look worse than it is. He reminds me of the NFL version of Shonn Greene.

James was getting stuffed as well until the second half, Jamison was the only recent RU running back who could create something out of nothing. Muller is just beasting right now.

Not trying to be.

I get what you were saying, that Fox is ruthless and successful when it sets out to conquer a segment of the TV landscape. Unfortunately, that also includes the creation of the cancer that is Fox "News," which has been tailored to appeal to and reinforce the fears and paranoia of the fringe right by spouting endless streams of sanctimonious bullshit.

The problem with this flight of fancy is, of course, that there's no way they'd be pulling down the largest ratings in 24-hr. news if they were doing what your creative narrative suggests. If they were appealing to the fringes, they'd be pulling down identical numbers as MSNBC, not the huge numbers they do now. The right-wing bugaboo hiding under your bed isn't nearly as big as you imagine it is.

Regardless, my point remains that the Fox TV folks are dead smart and know how to create wins in the marketplace. It's undeniable, man.

In other sports news...hey, I'M A SOCCER FAN...but if you want to see for yourself a prime example of why soccer is seen by sooooooo many Americans as a "pussy" sport, or whatever, check out the last page or so of the US Soccer thread. There's a massive controversy over who is leading the cheers and songs in the stands.

Read that last sentence again.

The hardcore soccer community are fucking arguing about which grown-ass men are acting as CHEERLEADERS, man. SMH.

At least this Fresno St. game is good.

Chris R

How do you drop that pass :( Game should have been over just there.

edit: They make up for it there! Nice easy kick to win it now.

Top Bottom