• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 1| - Death Throes

Was perfect on my pick for SC.

Got the result, but missed the points by 6 in the Ole Miss win.

All I needed was that kick to go in be perfect on my pick for this game.

...And Rutgers blows it.

cdyhybrid

ASJ suspended for the Boise game. Right thing to do. Apparently was going to be two games but he did enough over the offseason to work it down to one.

DSC05329_zpsb92bd0f2.jpg

Call me a Rutgers homer, but I'm not impressed with Derek Carr at all.

Any QB can sit back there and throw 60+ screen passes.

I'm more impressed with the blocking by his WR/TE/HBs on the screens than anything else.

Flood made the right call going for 2, but it was an awful playcall, should've burned the last time out and really work something out.

Coleman was triple teamed that play, and was still short of the goal line.

Also, how does a team run 60+ screen passes, and not have one hold or block in the back called against them?

got home after work and just watched my recording of Ole Miss but it cut out at the start of the 4th Quarter - must have been running overtime!

I am happy about changing to Ole Miss this year.

Treadwell looks awesome. Hopefully that is the start of a very good season for him - Heismann?? haha, just kidding but he looks really good whenever he has the ball, Ole Miss just need to look for him more.

Wallace is good, but not great. If they can get a decent QB with Treadwell they would be an awesome team to watch.

Nkemdiche looked good, bloody hell he is huge for a kid out of school. What are you Americans on - the biggest dude at my highschool would have been 6"7' and 240lbs but he was biggest high schooler I ever saw and eventually played professional football in Australia. But he was slow, would have run 13sec for the 100m. I think I saw that Tredwell was 230lbs and Nkemdiche was 295lbs. But they are explosive and quick and coordinated.

Are these kids on the juice or what?!

The other rookies Erding (I think), Connor and Tunsil all looked good as well.

I think it will be a fun season following these guys.

Welp. Only 1-2 in the Thursday night pick 'em games. I suck at predicting football, though at least both the ones I got wrong were really close.

Westonian

Man, my schedule means getting up at 5 every morning. Went to bed thinking I was 1-2 for the pick ems, and I wake up to everyone I missed two awesome endings to games. Stupid responsibilities.

At least I didn't have to see the vomit.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Call me a Rutgers homer, but I'm not impressed with Derek Carr at all.

Any QB can sit back there and throw 60+ screen passes.

I'm more impressed with the blocking by his WR/TE/HBs on the screens than anything else.

Flood made the right call going for 2, but it was an awful playcall, should've burned the last time out and really work something out.

Coleman was triple teamed that play, and was still short of the goal line.

Also, how does a team run 60+ screen passes, and not have one hold or block in the back called against them?

Rutgers homer

Treadwell looks awesome.

He better look good. Ole Miss paid top dollar for that one.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I don't know what doing cocaine is like, but I bet its more or less like I feel now.

jnc. We had a game like that against UVA a couple of years ago and the last two minutes were crazy, no defense video game plays.

At the 7 minute mark of this highlight package, Desmond Scott dives in for a TD with 40 seconds left. Verica for UVA threw a hail mary that went nowhere and that was the end. We only had 20,000 people there, but those that came were fucking buzzed, me included. We had an elderly fan die at the end of the game. :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dldfnpu31kY

mcgruber

Was perfect on my pick for SC.

Got the result, but missed the points by 6 in the Ole Miss win.

All I needed was that kick to go in be perfect on my pick for this game.

...And Rutgers blows it.

I almost picked rutgers this game, but rutgers gonna rutgers and they lost to kent state. Maybe I can trust them next year

Edit: wow Carr had 70+ attempts. Is this game actually worth watching on replay? Better than ole miss?

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
wonder if Andy and mre went to sleep and missed this

Vandy in business :lol

I fell asleep on the couch, but woke up in time to watch Vandy puke and rally before choking the game away.

Edit: Rutgers LOST? da fuck?

Maddness

Man what a crazy opener for the season. South Carolina game was kinda boring to me. Vandy and Ole Miss were just all kinds of crazy.

Can't wait for Saturday. C'mon Auburn!

andycapps

wonder if Andy and mre went to sleep and missed this

Vandy in business :lol

Yeah I missed the last of the nonsense. I went to bed sometime in the 4th quarter. What a crazy game, and I can't believe I uttered the words, "Vandy not gonna Vandy." Never again.

got home after work and just watched my recording of Ole Miss but it cut out at the start of the 4th Quarter - must have been running overtime!

I am happy about changing to Ole Miss this year.

Treadwell looks awesome. Hopefully that is the start of a very good season for him - Heismann?? haha, just kidding but he looks really good whenever he has the ball, Ole Miss just need to look for him more.

Wallace is good, but not great. If they can get a decent QB with Treadwell they would be an awesome team to watch.

Nkemdiche looked good, bloody hell he is huge for a kid out of school. What are you Americans on - the biggest dude at my highschool would have been 6"7' and 240lbs but he was biggest high schooler I ever saw and eventually played professional football in Australia. But he was slow, would have run 13sec for the 100m. I think I saw that Tredwell was 230lbs and Nkemdiche was 295lbs. But they are explosive and quick and coordinated.

Are these kids on the juice or what?!

The other rookies Erding (I think), Connor and Tunsil all looked good as well.

I think it will be a fun season following these guys.

Are they on the juice? Most likely not until they're pros, but there aren't many kids around like Nkemdiche. He was the top pick at his position and was considered ready to play straight out of highschool. Most highschool kids come out with the talent to play if they're good, but they're about 15 pounds short on muscle, and they don't know the playbook. He seemed to at least get by on his talent and physical size. I didn't watch closely enough to see how many busted plays he had. I'm guessing he had quite a few but he seemed good enough (against Vandy) to catch up with the play. Both teams had a ton of busted defensive plays, but I couldn't pin down if he was the sole cause of Ole Miss' problems, but I doubt he was the only one.

It's cool to see a non American watching college football and enjoying it. It's a shame more won't give it a chance. You've probably learned your lesson now, if you're recording a game, you should give it at least a half hour of extra time in case it runs over.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
This is why Vandy is never going to be taken seriously. Choking on Ole Miss. God damn it.

Also, Rutgers. God damn it.

And South Carolina. I know, they won. But god damn it anyway.

What a weird map, whats up with Nevada and Zona? Also small part of Alaska. Also, best thing is people in Kentucky dont even give a shit about Louisville football.

ku-bigpic.jpg

I shouldn't have bet on Rutgers. They ruined my morning

The result was better than I expected. Rutgers, after all, is terrible on opening day.

I was expecting 44-10 win for Fresno.

The Fresno coaching staff is really good. Rutgers coaching staff is not.

I was laughing at all the people here underestimating Fresno. I had this game penciled as a bad loss. So, I'll take a close loss

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
The result was better than I expected. Rutgers, after all, is terrible on opening day.

I was expecting 44-10 win for Fresno.

The Fresno coaching staff is really good. Rutgers coaching staff is not.

I was laughing at all the people here underestimating Fresno. I had this game penciled as a bad loss. So, I'll take a close loss
At least you lost to a top twenty, maybe top ten team!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Yeah, recording a game on DVR should always come with at least 30 minutes extra. I usually put an hour. Hope that guy manages to catch the end of that game.

Yeah, recording a game on DVR should always come with at least 30 minutes extra. I usually put an hour. Hope that guy manages to catch the end of that game.
Some DVR's automatically prompt you and ask if you want the extra 30 minutes whenever you record sports these days. It's a nice feature.

Draxal

I almost picked rutgers this game, but rutgers gonna rutgers and they lost to kent state. Maybe I can trust them next year

Edit: wow Carr had 70+ attempts. Is this game actually worth watching on replay? Better than ole miss?

Alot of lead changes this game, but Carr only attempted like 6 passes that went over 12 yards. It was kinda boring to see the same play over and over again (quick hitch to a bunched wr).

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
I heard about it, but you can't tell me you were CONVINCED two weeks ago...

EDIT:

That WSJ chart is hilarious. TCU must have the greatest PR department in the world to end up so high.

I was 100% convinced it was a real possibility, and I've been leaning towards him starting for a while. Too many rumors about Mayfield having an edge in the competition and no rumors about Webb having an edge.

Guess we'll find out for sure in about 8 hours.

Top Bottom