• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 1| - Death Throes

Gameday is reporting on my campus. If I didn't have to work I'd be getting drunk and yelling at them/ waving around a poorly thought out sign.

What a weird map, whats up with Nevada and Zona? Also small part of Alaska. Also, best thing is people in Kentucky dont even give a shit about Louisville football.

ku-bigpic.jpg

not to give any credibility to a map aggregated from facebook users, but

1. nearly 1/3 of the state is covered in red on that map

2. this city and it's suburbs account for over 50% of the states population.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Relaxing on a beach with powdery white sand in Destin, FL. So pumped for tomorrow!

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Relaxing on a beach with powdery white sand in Destin, FL. So pumped for tomorrow!

Hey Destin! My great aunt lived there, used to vacation there. Nice beach.

GAF why am I all hungover? And WHO'S NEXT??!!?! :p go cocks

Edit: hey, what do you know, it's this guy ^^^^^ he's next

ag-my001

Went to sleep expecting very different outcomes. Can't complain, there are some nice highlights to watch (vomit notwithstanding), and I ended up getting two of the picks exactly right. Good start to the weekend.

impirius

Decent game overall yesterday. I was afraid that the Gamecocks would race out to an early lead and just coast the rest of the way, and that's basically what happened. Fortunately, the defense held a supposedly dynamic UNC offense to ten points, and Mike Davis took advantage of some awful angles by the UNC DBs to re-nail the coffin.

Wasn't expecting to say this, but the DL was the weakest point in the defense last night. I don't know if it was their scheme, our scheme, the weather, or what. They'll need to step up to avoid having UGA just run between the tackles all game.

Connor Shaw really, really needs to get down at the end of his runs. At least Thompson is a great backup. Spurrier didn't even know that Shaw had taken himself out of the game for a play when Thompson went in to throw his one and only pass for a TD.

I hope the shot at Clowney's knees isn't a recurring theme this season.

And I'm glad that Vandy vs. University of Ole Miss made up for Carolina's by-the-numbers opener. SECSECSEC

That's all. Here's to a octuple-overtime game between UGA and Clemson tomorrow!

cdyhybrid

Wow. I liked Fox Sports Live's anchors we stole from Canada, but I will boycott the network effective immediately. I just can't support a channel that hires a man who allegedly killed 5 hookers.

Wait, I didn't visit the link, but it sounds like Fox Sports One hired Craig James, who allegedly killed five hookers while at SMU. Is that so?

impirius

Welp.

Ok now it makes sense. Trust me that nobody outside of Charlotte cares about Scar football in NC. I can't figure out the blue team, UF? We actually have a number of Bama fans and Auburn fans here, like my dad for instance.
SC has plenty of fans in the Triangle and Triad from what I've seen. Not surprising that it's the most popular Top 25 team in many areas of NC just due to proximity. The blue team in NC is probably UF as I see plenty of those around.

andycapps

Wait, I didn't visit the link, but it sounds like Fox Sports One hired Craig James, who allegedly killed five hookers while at SMU. Is that so?

Doesn't impact me, since SEC SEC SEC play on ESPN stations or CBS.

Though they do carry Fox Sports 1 on Uverse, found that out last night.

Bowser

Just got back from Cola. Man, the whole experience sucked lol. It was hot as balls, we got our asses whipped, our backup RT Holts pulled a disgusting cheap shot move, the game got suspended and we all got drenched in sheets of rain, and to cap it all off the bars after the game were pretty meh.

As optimistic and excited as I am about UNC football this season, we're just not at a South Carolina-type level. Our run defense is just as bad as it was last season, our DBs are just as bad as they were last season, and our offensive playcalling last night was odd and ineffective, to say the least.

That muffed punt by Thorpe after we had scored a TD and held SC to a punt deep in their own territory was a backbreaker.

I wasn't that impressed by Clowney though. Dude is huge in person but he wasn't really doing much.

Top Bottom