• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 1| - Death Throes

cashman

Banned
Oh hey guys.

So why isn't Nick Marshall in the Heisman Watch list? How quickly we forget Auburn's history with JC transfers in Gus Malzahn's offense.
I'm only 90% kidding

He was also recruited last season by Texas as a safety. It's practically a lock at this point.

clav

I really like Pat Fitzgerald. He's either gonna take NW as high as they can possibly go and keep them there, or he's headed to a big-time gig.

Rose Bowl first. Make his dream a reality.

His heart bleeds purple, so I doubt he will leave Northwestern any time soon.
Just awoke from my coma after getting home from East Lansing at 3am. Horrified to learn that offensive "effort" wasn't a bad dream. They've flatlined without Bell and neither Maxwell or Cook seem capable of improving the unit. I'm convinced Maxwell sits down to pee, because I swear he stood by and pointed at the Langford fumble instead of falling on it like any competent football player would do.

But that defense...by gawd.

I think he sticks around. What he's done there is really impressive.

Gandalf defense.

Yeah, one of the few coaches who embraces academics, character off the field, and athleticism. Not an easy thing to do.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Does anyone else have trouble seeing the actor who plays Cam in Modern Family in other role? I know he's straight, but Cam is such an awesome character that I just can't see him as any one else.

I don't know what this is? Modern Family?

Think there are at least 5 games on right now to watch.

I can't hold all these feels

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Go Rockets!
I don't know what this is? Modern Family?

Think there are at least 5 games on right now to watch.

I can't hold all these feels
ESPN's "Fan Coach."

As Cam:

8ToI6sq.jpg

Pimpwerx

Man, the Swamp has a lot of empty seats today. This is why I prefer when we play these tune-ups on the road. Go maul them in their own house, and come back for a proper home opener.

It's been a while since someone other than Sturgis has started a game for us. I'm happy I get to watch him on Sundays in Miami now. Anyway, let's win the SEC this year. Go Gators. PEACE.

Hey, fellow Gators fans. Why the hell is Driskell starting? Did Brissett transfer or something? I know I spent most of last year cursing Driskell's name, and I'd rather not do that again this year, so I just gotta ask. This guy has not shown the ability to play the QB position in his first 2 seasons.

You know we went to the Sugar Bowl last year, right ? And it was not Driskell who lost that game. Of course he is going to be the starter.

MrJames

Hey, fellow Gators fans. Why the hell is Driskell starting? Did Brissett transfer or something? I know I spent most of last year cursing Driskell's name, and I'd rather not do that again this year, so I just gotta ask. This guy has not shown the ability to play the QB position in his first 2 seasons. What's so different this year? Did someone take the blinders off him, because he had a severe case of tunnel vision.

Brissett transferred to NC State. It's Driskell or bust.

Go Gators

Balphon

Man, the Swamp has a lot of empty seats today. This is why I prefer when we play these tune-ups on the road. Go maul them in their own house, and come back for a proper home opener.

It's been a while since someone other than Sturgis has started a game for us. I'm happy I get to watch him on Sundays in Miami now. Anyway, let's win the SEC this year. Go Gators. PEACE.

But that might require you to leave the state of Florida for a game.

Pimpwerx

MrJames said:
Brissett transferred to NC State. It's Driskell or bust.

Go Gators
FML. The last few years are like the Palmer/Johnson era of middling QBs.

You know we went to the Sugar Bowl last year, right ? And it was not Driskell who lost that game. Of course he is going to be the starter.
Driskel didn't lose it for us, but he certainly wasn't the reason we got there, and didn't do anything special in the game. His first two seasons have been noted for injuries and him doing nothing noteworthy. I mean, seriously, he's been the most anonymous starting Gators QB in the last 20 years. I think I'm being generous too. It might go back longer than that. As much as Burton was a worse QB, at least he's still a great playmaker overall, an has had some outstanding games. Driskel is just there. He's our Jacory Harris. I'm just waiting out his stay.

Go Rockets!

ESPN's "Fan Coach."

...this fucking guy. SMH. :p PEACE.

Pimpwerx

Last year it ended at 12 eastern, I guess they extended it an extra hour this year.

2 hours, actually. Today they started at 9, so it was a 4hr show. The 9am preshow used to be on ESPNU, and was often in the dark when they had the west coast game. I don't know if this is gonna be a regular thing or not. I don't know if ESPN had many high-profile noon games last year, so they really don't need to end the show early if it outdraws those early games. PEACE.

Top Bottom