• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 1| - Death Throes

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Damn. There's a party trolley that will pick me up at my house and transport me to the football game and back. For free! Might have to take advantage of this.

bob page

State's O might actually be even worse than last year but their D might actually be even better.

I think the D is definitely better. Still don't think they can carry the team for an entire season, though. Frustration will mount, just like last season.

The O right now is performing worse than WMU's (3.2 yards/pass vs. 3.3 yards/pass).

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
iOoLmfSVAQYFF.gif

AntoneM

"We are the Bison! Who the F are you?"

Also, yeah, yeah, yeah, NDSU (despite a 9 minute drive in the 4th) didn't win so much as KSU lost, lolololol

GAF Pick'em Week 1 Games
(all games Saturday unless otherwise marked)

Mississippi State vs. Oklahoma State by 14
Syracuse vs Penn State by 7
BYU @ Virginia by 4
Alabama vs Virginia Tech by 19
Georgia @ Clemson by 9
LSU vs TCU by 9
Boise State @ Washington by 4
Northwestern @ California by 7
(SUN) Colorado vs Colorado State by 4

AntoneM

Not as significant as the App state over Michigan win, but, close. Close because NDSU, to a large extent, controlled the line and out ran KSU. When the game was on the line NDSU marched for 80 yards on something like 18 plays for 9 minutes, just overpowering the KSU defense.

All of that is made more impressive by the fact that NDSU is only allowed 63 scholly players to KSU's 85.... Maybe USC should hire coach Bohl as he knows how to win with fewer scholly's, lol (please don't he's built a new dynasty).

Not as significant as the App state over Michigan win, but, close. Close because NDSU, to a large extent, controlled the line and out ran KSU. When the game was on the line NDSU marched for 80 yards on something like 18 plays for 9 minutes, just overpowering the KSU defense.

All of that is made more impressive by the fact that NDSU is only allowed 63 scholly players to KSU's 85.... Maybe USC should hire coach Bohl as he knows how to win with fewer scholly's, lol (please don't he's built a new dynasty).

Wasn't Michigan also ranked in the top 5 or 10 when they lost? KSU did lose their main guy under center, but I'm not sure what they lost on defense. I'll just assume there's a reason KSU was unranked in pre-season even though they came off a BigXII championship season.

AntoneM

Wasn't Michigan also ranked in the top 5 or 10 when they lost? KSU did lose their main guy under center, but I'm not sure what they lost on defense. I'll just assume there's a reason KSU was unranked in pre-season even though they came off a BigXII championship season.

like I said, not as significant, but close.

KSU had a ton of attrition (like ASU will have after this year). But the thing I was putting forward was that NDSU had its own bad luck (dropped pass in the end zone and then a sack leading to a punt, then a missed 34 yard field goal off the uprights) that they overcame (being down 21 to 7 in the second half) yet still pulled out the win with a dominant drive in the 4th which FCS teams aren't supposed to do to FBS teams, let alone BCS teams.

cdyhybrid

Really? I'm in freaking Seattle and they're not cutting away.

::edit::
Beau Carpenter just limped off the field and he would be a huge, HUGE injury for us. Starting right guard, and he's basically the backup for every other OL position. He is the flexible guy that is basically the backup plan for any other OL injuries. Really hope this isn't serious.

Welcome to the Emerald City!

Garryk

DOCTOR, DOCTOR GIVE ME THE NEWS -- I'VE GOT A BAD CASE OF NDSU.

What happened to the scheme doctor? Also, why does Gameday come on an hour ealier? This is making it more difficult for me to wake the family up in time for pre-Gameday Chickfila. It's also 4 hours long. That's a lot of wardrobe changes for Desmond and sob stories from Tom Renaldi.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
I'm late on this, but BDSU's QB has balls of titanium. The throw he made where he knew he was going to get drilled was awesome and it kept their drive alive. He runs hard as well.

That said, GAMEDAY IS HERE!!!!!! GO COUGS!!!!

andycapps

I just randomly popped in from a thread about someone moving to Georgia, and saw you were looking for support as a UGA fan,

Here I am, don't know how often I'll post, but I'm a bulldogs fan, for sure. Tomorrow is going to be...interesting for sure.
Just saw this. Nice to have you! Stick around for a while.

What is the reasoning for College Gameday starting an hour earlier? I usually go get a coffee but I am not waking up at 7AM to get a cup to be back home by 8, not complaining though, it always gets me hyped.

Also, Vandy's loss just showed me if we go 7-5 it will be a miracle. We still have games at SCAR, at TAMU, at The Swamp and we play UGA at home. I am glad this will allow me to watch the little Louisiana schools I am so very fond of.

ag-my001

It started at 9et last year, but the first hour was on espnu and usually just focused on the host game. This hour has a bit more variety.

andycapps

What is the reasoning for College Gameday starting an hour earlier? I usually go get a coffee but I am not waking up at 7AM to get a cup to be back home by 8, not complaining though, it always gets me hyped.

Also, Vandy's loss just showed me if we go 7-5 it will be a miracle. We still have games at SCAR, at TAMU, at The Swamp and we play UGA at home. I am glad this will allow me to watch the little Louisiana schools I am so very fond of.
Who's your team?

KingGondo

Banned
And so the B12 has already been eliminated from NCG consideration. Gotta love college football.
Even if OSU or Texas goes 12-0, it'll take some doing for them to get into the MNCG.

That said, that fact has nothing to do with KSU losing to a very good team last night. NDSU was damn impressive.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
That poster just made me realize that Sonic is a pretty fitting idol for Clemson fans actually.

Dat Clemson Cycle!

Top Bottom