• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 1| - Death Throes

For a supposedly super hardcore Christian, Manziel can trash talk with the best of them

Also, this was mentioned during the UF/Toledo game, but I am kind of excited for the SEC Network, 3 games every Saturday, but I am not excited about the two hour "College Gameday" show they are going to do on location from a SEC game a week, too much SEC for me

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
For a supposedly super hardcore Christian, Manziel can trash talk with the best of them

Also, this was mentioned during the UF/Toledo game, but I am kind of excited for the SEC Network, 3 games every Saturday, but I am not excited about the two hour "College Gameday" show they are going to do on location from a SEC game a week, too much SEC for me
:J N C

I think you've confused Manziel with Tebow.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
This kid needs to be out of CFB. Flaunting the fact that he signed and they can't do anything to him.

Who really cares though? If people want to pay for his autograph then he should have every right to take advantage of that. It's a stupid rule.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Who really cares though? If people want to pay for his autograph then he should have every right to take advantage of that. It's a stupid rule.

I care because of the hypocrisy of the NCAA punishing others for similar situations over the last few decades.

Don't like that that he's threatened lawsuits if A&M or the NCAA goes after him, too.

I care because of the hypocrisy of the NCAA punishing others for similar situations over the last few decades.

Don't like that that he's threatened lawsuits if A&M or the NCAA goes after him, too.

You really care that JFB signed his own signature on something and sold it? You really care that much about the issue? I think you should go apply for an NCAA job instead of pouting about some human being scribbling on a piece of wood.

Lonestar

You really care that JFB signed his own signature on something and sold it? You really care that much about the issue? I think you should go apply for an NCAA job instead of pouting about some human being scribbling on a piece of wood.

I didn't write that I cared if he signed, I wrote that the NCAA's a bag of dicks for not punishing him under the same rules they've held others under. Get rid of the rules or enforce them. It's not like the NCAA hasn't punished teams/players without a shred of evidence, either.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
You really care that JFB signed his own signature on something and sold it?
I don't see how anyone who is a fan of college football can be for this without realizing the door that it opens. Make it legal for an athlete to do this and you've legalized boosters paying players however much they want to, which is essentially the death of college football.

The three-peat starts today in Atlanta! Two hours until the Tide Rolls!!! Been some entertaining games this morning though. OSU's and TAMU's defense looking kinda bad but maybe they're just rusty.

Those UNC Charlotte 49ers sure knew who to schedule for their first football game ever*. Played Campbell, won 52-7. They're playing independently in 1-AA for 2 seasons before moving up to 1-A and Conference USA, just in time for the big football meltdown and split that will surely be happening by then.

(*They played 3 seasons, 1946-1948, a couple of school names and locations ago.)

Pimpwerx

I love that my college football Saturdays are split between cheering for my Gators, and then hating on everyone else the rest of the day. I like how college games are spread out over the entire day, so there's usually at least one team to hate on each hour. :p PEACE.

Lonestar

Rice's coaches should be fired after the game.

Put into witness protection, because if Saban ever sees this game on film, and he sees Rice doing everything it can to not run the ball...no place to hide from His Wrath.

I'm assuming this thread is moving as fast as the soccer threads right about now, so this is probably a bad time to ask, but does anyone know where to get a nice, concise list of the odds on college and NFL games? I'm not a gambler so I don't really know all the jargon, but I'm curious how they do as a predictor verses the rankings.

Top Bottom