• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 1| - Death Throes

My point is there have been far better teams then alabama that have never been granted the opportunity to play in the national title game. But for some reason, the laundry detergent tide gets the opportunity year in and year out.
Well the issue is that there is no legitimate method of determining that best team. There is a best guess for sure, but its partly a popularity contest.

Not sure if Boise would have in the past beaten the SEC champ... But we never had a legitimate way of knowing.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
SoThatHappened.jpg

mhs004

I think U of A will go to a bowl this year. Not a good one probably one of the worse ones but still. If our running game is like it was today, Allen doesn't mess up to much, and the D does their job then it's possible. Glad Collins didn't listen to his mom.

Talon

My point is there have been far better teams then alabama that have never been granted the opportunity to play in the national title game. But for some reason, the laundry detergent tide gets the opportunity year in and year out.
It's a wholly subjective exercise, but "far better" is useless conjecture. Don't blame the teams that win for actually taking care of business. Oregon had its shot against the worst SEC champion in the last decade, and they were dominated at the point of attack by a drunk fatty.
And USC really can blame itself for losing to UCLA that year. I mean, good God man. That was an unbelievably dominant defense - they had like 9 quarter streak of not allowing an opponent past the 50 yard line, and they lose to UCLA.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
hmm, don't see the need to throw it away VT QB, use that head of steam to attempt to run for the 1st down.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.

Just out of curiosity, who were these "far better teams" last year? I would love to know.

Talon

Man, it must be a complete clusterfuck in Atlanta between Dragoncon, the VT-Bama game, the Braves game and Pride weekend.

Worst layout of a major American city + horribly designed highway system + worst public transportation this side of Houston + every family owns three cars = oh we dead

Lonestar

Yeah, Oline dominated, and I don't like what I've seen out of Fowler or Hart. Doesn't look fast or agile at all.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Man, it must be a complete clusterfuck in Atlanta between Dragoncon, the VT-Bama game, the Braves game and Pride weekend.

Worst layout of a major American city + horribly designed highway system + worst public transportation this side of Houston + every family owns three cars = oh we dead

NASCAR is in Atlanta this weekend too!

Also GT played at home.

Chris R

You forgot the NASCAR races!

I didn't mind Atlanta when I visited it a bunch of years ago :(

Lonestar

I thought this was supposed to be the one of the best group of receivers Bama has had. It seems obvious that McCarron doesn't trust his line.

Cooper's had some good catches and White had one, but also didn't fight for his route on the interception. Pressure is there, though. To me, it's worse on the running plays, which is whats worrying.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Cooper's had some good catches and White had one, but also didn't fight for his route on the interception. Pressure is there, though. To me, it's worse on the running plays, which is whats worrying.

VTS LBS are shooting every gap they can, so you are going to get some running plays blown up.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Damn I have nine points off of five games, with BYU and Bama looking good! Picking TCU and Clemson is probably going to bite me in the ass though.

Top Bottom