• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 10| LACES OUT

clav

Let's talk about how great pat Fitzgerald is as a coach. Can we end that narrative now? He's an average coach, not the 2nd coming like people make him out to be
I think he's the best coach you can find that emphasizes both on academic standards and sports integrity at a small school.

Northwestern needs better talent, and that can come from facilities + other upgrades. Those upgrades are a long-term thing.

AntoneM

We knew Northwestern was bad, can we say Nebraska is bad and can we say both Florida and Georgia are bad. Al these teams may have been good at some point this year, but they are all bad now.

I think he's the best coach you can find that emphasizes both on academic standards and sports integrity at a small school.

Northwestern needs better talent, and that can come from facilities + other upgrades.

As an outsider from a school that values academic standards, I agree with this. The arms race for facilities started a while ago. If you don't have at least comparable facilities, players won't come play for you.

Pimpwerx

Holy shit @ that Nebraska win. I feel like that's the second time I've seen them win on a ridiculous hail mary carrom.

Also, lol at the Irish almost dropping one to Navy. That team only gets ranked by virtue of name recognition and the worst schedule year in and year out. PEACE.

Holy shit @ that Nebraska win. I feel like that's the second time I've seen them win on a ridiculous hail mary carrom.

Also, lol at the Irish almost dropping one to Navy. That team only gets ranked by virtue of name recognition and the worst schedule year in and year out. PEACE.

It entirely has to do with the Defensive Coordinator not knowing how to coach a defense against the triple option and being depleted on defense too. There's a reason most sane teams don't schedule the service academies and it's not because they are easy to beat. They make your schedule look worse and they blow out the knees of all of your front seven. I wish we didn't play them for that reason alone.

jjasper

I know most people like AJ Johnson but he is fucking terrible in pass coverage.

Edit: actually looked like the ref set two picks on that play.

andycapps

Gurley is a big fat jerk face.
Wut?

He had 100 yards rushing on 17 carries for one TD, 85 yards receiving tonight with 1 TD. Not bad for being out of football shape.

UGA will be a lot better team when Conley is back. Having two legit receivers instead of just one, plus the scrubs we have out there will improve the offense a lot.

Enfinit

Just got off work. Watched the entire UF/UGA game. Props to the Gators for fighting until the end for the name on the front of their jerseys, but both teams looked rough. Real rough.

Classic UF/UGA game. Entertaining as hell!

fuck georgia

squicken

Really strange for a #7 team to be 3 TDs dogs. Not really and indictment of MIA as much as the way the polls are done. Hope they at least keep it competitive for a bit

Pimpwerx

I hate the Noles, but I like Famous Jameis. I probably hate the Canes more though, because I live around about a million of 'em. Fuck both teams, but I'll smile if and when the Noles RUTS the fuck out of them. They should shame them worse than they did Clemson. PEACE.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I hate the Noles, but I like Famous Jameis. I probably hate the Canes more though, because I live around about a million of 'em. Fuck both teams, but I'll smile if and when the Noles RUTS the fuck out of them. They should shame them worse than they did Clemson. PEACE.

If you live around a million Canes "fans" in Miami, explain their crowd turnouts.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Not impressed with Dobbs so far.

Edit: WTF was all this talk about letting Dobbs run about? Unless I missed it while in the kitchen, Dobbs has yet to run the ball and its almost halftime.

Jhriad

Let's talk about how great pat Fitzgerald is as a coach. Can we end that narrative now? He's an average coach, not the 2nd coming like people make him out to be

I like how you were mum after the Northwestern-OSU game and now you're bringing this up. Please do link where anyone said anything close to the bold. No? Okay, thanks for the contribution.

He's hardly amazing but he's slightly better than average especially for a school of Northwestern's caliber. They'll likely never get a better one so best that they be happy with what they've got.

Top Bottom