• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 11| Thursday Night Lights

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
A lot of kneejerk reactions here but Oregon's not nearly this bad and Stanford's not nearly this good.

Maybe on flukey turnovers and no calls, but Stanford Defensive Pressure is there, it's appears real, and is causing Mariota to be erratic (normal, anyone would have a hard time in that pocket.

Stanford's Push is real, and it's not something you can hide behind "playing bad." The Mistackles like the Hogan inside the 10 one, yeah, that's playing bad. But not the rest of this.

Pimpwerx

A lot of kneejerk reactions here but Oregon's not nearly this bad and Stanford's not nearly this good.

This is a matter of styles make fights. This is simply a poor matchup for Oregon, and anyone with knowledge of the game saw this coming. Maybe not the lopsided nature of the game, but this was always going to be a challenge. It's not like Stanford is some scrubby team. They're physical, but also a top-ranked team. They weren't going to rollover to the Ducks, an I've no idea why some people thought that before. Stanford is this good when playing a mismatch, just as OU is this bad against one. PEACE.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
I'll Huff and I'll puff and I'll cry your house down.

On offense, that's fine. Mostly referring to defense. They should run a 4-3 and focus on getting big DT and good pass-rushing DEs. Instead, they run a 3-4 with weak-ass DEs and NT.

I think the 3-4 is better for stopping spread teams, and considering all but 2 teams in he Pac-12 run some variation of the spread, are you really gonna scrap that? Plus switching schemes takes a good 3 years to really make a difference.

knicks

It is so funny what happens when top ranked teams have to play other legitmately good teams in college football.
KuGsj.gif

Sure, Oregon, you have scored 50 points in almost every game, even 60 in a game. But they are against scrub opponents. I know, I know, I know...."welcome to college football."

Lonestar

Still, Credit to Oregon's Defense for somehow holding up to get these Field Goals. I would not want to be anyone from Oregon's front 7. Not enough BenGay and Ice Tubs in the world for what's gone on tonight.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Oh god, gif the punching own head and pulling headband off PLEASE!

Kevtones

It is so funny what happens when top ranked teams have to play other legitmately good teams in college football.
KuGsj.gif

Sure, Oregon, you have scored 50 points in almost every game, even 60 in a game. But they are against scrub opponents. I know, I know, I know...."welcome to college football."

UW lost by 3 to Stanford on a controversial call. They actually outgained Stanford by 200 yards and outplayed them.

Oregon beat UW on the road by 4 TDs.

It's about matchups and this has been the worst-case scenario for Oregon in terms of breaks.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
What is this low class football Helfrich is calling right here? Throwing the ball with starters in while getting blown out? Is Aliotti mad?

Lonestar

Encroachment on offense AGAIN????

Here's the last chance for Oregon. They cannot let Stanford get the ball

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Everyone turned on JFF far before he won the Heisman and mainly because he is a giant douche.
Yep, they made a huge deal about him being a "freshman" but he was actually older than both Tebow and Ingram when they won the Heisman, as they were both true sophomores. Then he pulled that bullshit about having to take online classes because he was too much of a celebrity when, again, most of the recent Heisman winners have had to return to classes after winning it, but did so without the drama.

Lonestar

Wonder how the game would be if Oregon kicks 2 Field Goals earlier. Still 26-13, or perhaps it would have taken out 1 or 2 of those Stanford FG's. Potential for a 2 score game instead of 3.

Balphon

Wonder how the game would be if Oregon kicks 2 Field Goals earlier. Still 26-13, or perhaps it would have taken out 1 or 2 of those Stanford FG's. Potential for a 2 score game instead of 3.

It'd be 26-7 and our kicker would be 0/2 on field goals.

Top Bottom