• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 11| Thursday Night Lights

Pimpwerx

I've heard that call in the NFL before. I think against the Dolphins, no less.

Stanford is manhandling OU right now. Ducks should be glad if they lose this, because Bama would stomp a mudhole in them. They would get obliterated by that team. They are just not physical enough. PEACE.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Oregon had at least the right idea with Miles, trying to reach into Texas and the South. That's where they have to go to get Dlinemen.

Sketchy on getting bigger Offensive linemen, cause that could ruin their uptemo game, but need them to hold up to big DLineman killing the middle.

Oregon has built their program around one thing, smaller and faster players. Well thats great and all until they run into the power schools with large fast players; then their offense struggles. They won't win a championship until they learn to play another way than Chip Kelly's offense.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
lol, a bunch of comments at the Alabama SB Nation blog site is saying Stanford should be put in the SEC due to their type of play.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Haha, Huff throwing a little hissy fit.

Better coaching? Better facilities? Better scouts?

You realize Oregon has possibly the best facilities in the world, right?

And they have the kind of offensive linemen they do because that's who they want, smaller, lighter, more agile guys who can run a lot. Stanford gets big, bruising maulers. Its about coaching philosophy.

Kevtones

A lot of kneejerk reactions here but Oregon's not nearly this bad and Stanford's not nearly this good.

Also, really hate the way Oregon is playing now.

When was the last time Oregon was shut out?

5 years ago against UCLA when Dixon got hurt and Oregon was starting Brady Leaf in this offense.

You realize Oregon has possibly the best facilities in the world, right?

And they have the kind of offensive linemen they do because that's who they want, smaller, lighter, more agile guys who can run a lot. Stanford gets big, bruising maulers. Its about coaching philosophy.

On offense, that's fine. Mostly referring to defense. They should run a 4-3 and focus on getting big DT and good pass-rushing DEs. Instead, they run a 3-4 with weak-ass DEs and NT.

george_us

Every year Oregon comes in scoring a million points.

Every year they fold whenever they're punched in the mouth by a physical team.

Pimpwerx

Cowherd must feel like an idiot. I hope he didn't put money on Oregon, because he predicted Ducks in a blowout. I'm not even sure why. This is always a bad matchup for them. PEACE.

Top Bottom