• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 12| Undefeated when playing (InsertTeamName) football

(FRI) Washington @ UCLA by 10
Cincinnati @ Rutgers by 7
North Carolina @ Pittsburgh by 4
Georgia @ Auburn by 10
Miami @ Duke by 14
Oklahoma State @ Texas by 4
Michigan State @ Nebraska by 10
Michigan @ Northwestern by 7
California @ Colorado by 4
Texas Tech vs Baylor by 21
Stanford @ USC by 10
Oregon State @ Arizona State by 10

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
The description of the suspect is just so far removed from Winston that I can't see why a cover up would be necessary. The report says minimum weight of 240 and 5'9" to 5'11". It literally couldn't match him much less if someone tried.

Someone put in a request for this report the day after Stanford beat Oregon. It was a case that was closed in everyone's eyes but some Gator or A&M alum or something inside the department must have tipped TMZ off for some cash. If there is anything underhanded here, it's probably by the source.

There's also the report of the Prosecutor's getting the case on Tuesday for the 1st time.

The description of the suspect is just so far removed from Winston that I can't see why a cover up would be necessary. The report says minimum weight of 240 and 5'9" to 5'11". It literally couldn't match him much less if someone tried.

Someone put in a request for this report the day after Stanford beat Oregon. It was a case that was closed in everyone's eyes but some Gator or A&M alum or something inside the department must have tipped TMZ off for some cash. If there is anything underhanded here, it's probably by the source.

Yeah but some people have limited concept of height. Also, if he was laying down in a dim lit room, it would be even tougher to gauge his dimensions.

Not saying that the given report on him has no weight, because it definitely does. I'm just trying to justify why the case wasn't immediately thrown out after being given the height range of the suspect.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
First: I don't think anything will ever come out of this.

Second: the police report records what the witness tells the police. She may just be a really shitty estimator of height and weight. Errors like that on a police report are not uncommon.

Third: the most bizarre aspect of the police report is not the description of the suspect, but the fact that it doesn't name Winston yet the police somehow came to understand that Winston was the subject of the investigation. This is all the odder because, as you pointed out, the police report does not contain a description that would identify Winston.

Do I think there was a cover-up of a rape by Winston? No. Do I think that Winston's name was kept out of the initial report? Yes, but most likely because the police investigated the allegations and determined that Winston had nothing to do with it, so they kept his name out of the report to avoid the minor controversy that we're seeing now. Unfortunately, they made it worse, because now people think there IS a cover-up.

Meier

There's also the report of the Prosecutor's getting the case on Tuesday for the 1st time.

I don't think they have anyone they can prosecute? I think the District Attorney would be responsible for this long before the State's office would. Why would it escalate to that level by default? Mre can probably fill us in.

Yeah but some people have limited concept of height. Also, if he was laying down in a dim lit room, it would be even tougher to gauge his dimensions.

Not saying that the given report on him has no weight, because it definitely does. I'm just trying to justify why the case wasn't immediately thrown out after being given the height range of the suspect.

I'm 5'10" -- if you put me next to someone who is 6" taller than me, I'm absolutely dwarfed. No one could make that big of a mistake.

I think they probably didn't throw the case out since they didn't have someone to charge? The TPD and the Tally DA are not known for sweeping things under the rug and quickly getting charges dropped like they do in Gainesville.

Kevtones

It was me. I was bitter.

Still undecided whether to hit a local bar to watch the UCLA game or check out my old high school football team. It's playoffs and they actually got a decent team in along time

andycapps

Needs to be in the OP next week.

821813425.gif

pxleyes

Banned
That makes 12 regular players and 8 starters if it holds, one starter being a backup turned starter. Holy hell we are just destined to be crushed by injuries.

jjasper

Yes, it sucks.

Yeah it does. Just a dumb way to artificially lengthen the season. Although probably very helpful for us this year.

Anyway I kept my PS4 preorder so anyone that got one can feel free to add me to their friends list. My PSN name is in my profile page.

Tosh's single class while at Tennessee was even worse, before you get to the part about running potential players off (Boyd and that Baylor QB)

It's still impressive to me that Bryce Brown plays in the NFL without ever really playing in college.

desh

It's still impressive to me that Bryce Brown plays in the NFL without ever really playing in college.
Aren't there a lot of these players. It seems everytime I watch a MNF or SNF game, at least one player references his high school rather than college.

Pimpwerx

And should get another year.

Yeah...I'm sure you'd just love for that turd to stink up the joint another year.

Muschamp doesn't deserve another year. Injuries are NOT the reason we suck. We looked like ass last year. Was that forgotten? We looked like shit early in the season as well, prior to the wave of injuries. We lost to a Canes team that I said at that time was not a good team, and has been exposed as such. Muschamp's failure as a coach has not been due to injuries, and allowing him to fuck up recruiting and the team's standing in the pecking order for yer another year, will do nothing to help the program. If he's back for another year, we might as well just write off the season.

I keep hearing that Pease will be fired. That will make 3 different OCs under Muschamp, in a very short period of time, if it's true. The offense has looked like shit run over twice. The defense is quite possibly the most-overrated in college football. If Muschamp is back for another year, I think I might just boycott the season. This year's team is the worst Gators team I've ever seen...ever. And this sure ain't the first team riddled by injuries. Will Muschamp simply is not a good coach. Not worthy of the seat he currently holds. PEACE.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
http://myfox8.com/2013/11/15/wssu-quarterback-attacked-by-5-virginia-state-players/

WSSU quarterback attacked by 5 Virginia State players

WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — Rudy Johnson, Winston-Salem State University’s starting quarterback, was beaten up by five Virginia State football players during the CIAA football banquet Friday afternoon, according to multiple sources.

The fight broke out in a bathroom at the Anderson Center on the WSSU campus during an event associated with Saturday’s CIAA championship football game between WSSU and Virginia State.

“We don’t know a lot of what happened but we do know our starting quarterback, Rudy Johnson, was beaten up,” said Chancellor Donald Reaves of WSSU, “and he didn’t beat himself up.”

Johnson, who is 9-0 as a starter this season, will likely not play in Saturday’s game, scheduled for 1 p.m. at Bowman Gray Stadium.

Pat Norris, the chief of police at WSSU, referred all questions to Kevin Manns, an assistant athletics director in charge of sports information. Norris did say that Johnson was treated and released from a local hospital.

An assistant coach at Virginia State, who did not want to be identified, said the Virginia State staff is investigating what happened. The assistant coach did not know if there would be any disciplinary action.

Reaves said that the school would release an official statement within the hour.

The CIAA released this statement about the incident:
“We understand that some Virginia State University and Winston-Salem State University student-athletes were involved in an incident during the time of today’s luncheon event. The police are currently investigating the incident and are specking with the individuals involved. Leadership from the CIAA and the participating institutions are fully cooperating. Further details and updates regarding the status of the championship game will be forthcoming.”

(FRI) Washington @ UCLA by 4
Cincinnati @ Rutgers by 4
Georgia @ Auburn by 7
Miami @ Duke by 10
Oklahoma State @ Texas by 6
Michigan State @ Nebraska by 9
Michigan @ Northwestern by 6
Texas Tech vs Baylor by 10
Stanford @ USC by 6
Oregon State @ Arizona State by 10

pxleyes

Banned
(FRI) Washington @ UCLA by 14
North Carolina @ Pittsburgh by 10
Georgia @ Auburn by 10
Miami @ Duke by 4
Oklahoma State @ Texas by 7
Michigan State @ Nebraska by 4
Michigan @ Northwestern by 4
Texas Tech vs Baylor by 21
Stanford @ USC by 14
Oregon State @ Arizona State by 17

Jhriad

Pick are damn tough this week. More than a few games that are really just coin flips in my mind.

Georgia @ Auburn by 7
Miami @ Duke by 4
nope
California @ Colorado by 7
Texas Tech vs Baylor by 31
Stanford @ USC by 4
Oregon State @ Arizona State by 6

Hermann's safe, she now has casus belli to clean house.

Can you believe this shit posted on the Rutgers boards from one of the Scarlet Nation Beat writers?

"Nj.com will soon put out an ugly story on this citing abuse from Dave Cohen. Tyree couldnt crack the two deep and got fed up when Peele was moved."

Bear in mind this is the same guy who said the Rice video "wasn't that bad."

Fucking insensitive jackhole.

Draxal

Can you believe this shit posted on the Rutgers boards from one of the Scarlet Nation Beat writers?

"Nj.com will soon put out an ugly story on this citing abuse from Dave Cohen. Tyree couldnt crack the two deep and got fed up when Peele was moved."

Bear in mind this is the same guy who said the Rice video "wasn't that bad."

Deren's actually a very good reporter ... but he's too much apart of the sports world and doesn't see things like normal people do. And yeah my first post was based off that. The edit was actually reading off the NJ.com article which is actually incredibly believable. I've heard stories about Cohen, saying the same exact thing about him.

Despite numerous phone calls and an unannounced visit to her office on Thursday, Mark Tyree said he has been unable to get a meeting with Hermann. He said he is considering going to the NCAA, the governing body of collegiate sports, to investigate the matter.

Hermann might be gone after all.

I remember a reporter for the NY Times questioned why the local beat writers never put a spotlight on Rice's bullshit.

You have your answer right there Draxal.

Edit: Sorry B1G it's too late for take backsies.

razielim

GAF Pick'em Week 12 Games

Georgia @ Auburn by 4
Miami @ Duke by 4
Michigan State @ Nebraska by 10
California @ Colorado by 12
Texas Tech vs Baylor by 15
Stanford @ USC by 4
Oregon State @ Arizona State by 4

North Carolina @ Pittsburgh by 7
Georgia @ Auburn by 10
Miami @ Duke by 7
Oklahoma State @ Texas by 10
Michigan @ Northwestern by 7
California @ Colorado by 7
Texas Tech vs Baylor by 14
Stanford @ USC by 7
Oregon State @ Arizona State by 7

GAF Pick'em Week 12 Games

(FRI) Washington @ UCLA by 7
Cincinnati @ Rutgers by 5 Although I'd like RU to win.
North Carolina @ Pittsburgh by 8
Georgia @ Auburn by 6
Miami @ Duke by 5
Oklahoma State @ Texas by 7
Michigan State @ Nebraska by 6
Texas Tech vs Baylor by 12
Stanford @ USC by 5
Oregon State @ Arizona State by 4

Draxal

How convenient that this is all coming out just before Greg Schiano will be open for employment again!

Wouldn't touch him with a 1000000000000000 stick, now that we're Bully U. He's the original bullier and the reason Rice got hired in the first place ... was because he was like Schiano.

Although Fuck Flood if this is true.

Forcedto watch those stupid ass F.A.M.I.L.Y jerseys while ostracizing members of the team by not allowing them into positional meetings.

Wouldn't touch him with a 1000000000000000 stick, now that we're Bully U. He's the original bullier and the reason Rice got hired in the first place ... was because he was like Schiano.

BINGO

FHJr was too lax and didn't show any emotion, so they went for Schiano/Bobby Knight lite in Mike Rice.

I'd only take Greg to be a DC, he's like Rex Ryan, he can really oversee and coach one thing, he's absolutely clueless when it comes to the offensive side of the ball.

Draxal

BINGO

FHJr was too lax and didn't show any emotion, so they went for Schiano/Bobby Knight lite in Mike Rice.

I'd only take Greg to be a DC, he's like Rex Ryan, he can really oversee and coach one thing, he's absolutely clueless when it comes to the offensive side of the ball.

I really think tomorrow might be Flood's last game as head coach. Think Ron Prince would be the interim.

Top Bottom