• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 12| Undefeated when playing (InsertTeamName) football

Espn 30 for 30 is airing a tressel/Maurice clarrett doc called Youngstown boys on 12/14 after the heisman.

Should be a good one, the guys who did the 2 escobars are the ones who worked on it

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
How sick would it be if this were the reason Coker was still in contention for the starting job until the week before the first game?

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
How sick would it be if this were the reason Coker was still in contention for the starting job until the week before the first game?

That would be bizarre. It doesn't take 8 months to investigate a rape, especially one with a high profile suspect.

It's kind of odd that Winston's name was left out of the police report.

Goddamn Chad Morris. I like him most of the time, but sometimes his play calling is so dumb. Why would you run your qb when you're up by 17 with a quarter left? Mind numbingly stupid.

Might as well get this in while the servers are up.

UCLA by 10
Rutgers by 4
North Carolina by 4
Auburn by 10
Miami by 20
Oklahoma State by 4
Michigan State by 4
Northwestern by 10
California by 4
Baylor by 20
Stanford by 10
Arizona State by 4

GAF Pick'em Week 12 Games

(FRI) UCLA by 9
Rutgers by 8
Pittsburgh by 5
Auburn by 3
Duke by 8
Oklahoma State by 11
Michigan State by 10
Michigan by 4
Colorado by 14
Baylor by 21
USC by 3
Arizona State by 6

(FRI) Washington @ UCLA by 6
Cincinnati @ Rutgers by 4
North Carolina @ Pittsburgh by 7
Georgia @ Auburn by 13
Miami @ Duke by 10
Oklahoma State @ Texas by 10
Michigan State @ Nebraska by 7
Michigan @ Northwestern by 4
California @ Colorado by 7
Texas Tech vs Baylor by 17
Stanford @ USC by 13
Oregon State @ Arizona State by 13

KingGondo

Banned
(FRI) Washington @ UCLA by 7
North Carolina @ Pittsburgh by 4
Georgia @ Auburn by 10
Miami @ Duke by 4
Oklahoma State @ Texas by 11
Michigan State @ Nebraska by 4
California @ Colorado by 21
Texas Tech vs Baylor by 28
Stanford @ USC by 11
Oregon State @ Arizona State by 4

ConfusingJazz said:
Oklahoma State by 4
Ye of little faith.

andycapps

Guess it's time for picks.

(FRI) Washington @ UCLA by 4
Georgia @ Auburn by 4
Miami @ Duke by 4
Oklahoma State @ Texas by 4
California @ Colorado by 4
Texas Tech vs Baylor by 24
Stanford @ USC by 4
Oregon State @ Arizona State by 12

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
oh yeah, picks..

(FRI) Washington @ UCLA by 6
Georgia @ Auburn by 4
Miami @ Duke by 4
Oklahoma State @ Texas by 6 (Stay Mack Stay!)
Michigan State @ Nebraska by 6
Texas Tech vs Baylor by 17
Stanford @ USC by 11
Oregon State @ Arizona State by 9

Draxal

Rumor is that Hand is trying to get Peppers to flip to Bama. IMHO, if he's going to flip it'll probably be Stanford though.

UCLA by 10
Rutgers by 2000
Pittsburgh by 7
Auburn by 4
Miami by 4
Texas by 7
MSU by 10
NW by 10
CHITOWN U by 7
Baylor by 14
Stanford by 14
ASU by 10

Lonestar

Oh, I'm sure some of us remember Georgia's "Dream Team" recruiting class of 2011. Lets see how it's turned out, via GRAPHICS:

527cee55021de.image.jpg

tokkun

(FRI) Washington @ UCLA by 5
Cincinnati @ Rutgers by 5
North Carolina @ Pittsburgh by 5
Georgia @ Auburn by 5
Miami @ Duke by 4
Oklahoma State @ Texas by 8
Michigan @ Northwestern by 5
Texas Tech vs Baylor by 14
Stanford @ USC by 5
Oregon State @ Arizona State by 8

andycapps

Oh, I'm sure some of us remember Georgia's "Dream Team" recruiting class of 2011. Lets see how it's turned out, via GRAPHICS:

527cee55021de.image.jpg

Crowell as it turns out probably shouldn't have been dismissed (since the charges were dropped), but he seemed to have a glass jaw and Gurley is a better back so that's probably a blessing in disguise.

But hey, Nick Marshall got kicked off the team for stealing from teammates so of course Auburn picks him up. Seems like Cam did a similar thing. Hell, Mettenburger got kicked of Georgia but LSU picked him up. SEC West don't care bout no record, son.

Dream Team seemed to be pretty hit or miss, but there have been some big ones panning out. The receivers have been great, and Ray Drew has really started to come on this year after outgrowing being a linebacker and growing into a powerful defensive end.

I think Dantzler and Hunter Long may have more luck next year after a couple linemen graduate. Dantzler plays a decent amount now and he has pretty good size but hasn't been able to play his way into a starting spot.

Also, next year the schedule is a lot more favorable for Georgia and we don't lose a ton other than Murray. Replacing someone with as many wins/stats as him is always a task, but Hutson Mason should be able to at least take the Bama QB mantra and just manage the game and not screw it up. Gurley and Marshall will be back for junior seasons. Receivers Michael Bennett, Chris Conley, Malcolm Mitchell, Justin Scott-Wesley, and Jonathan Rumph will be back. Tight End, Arthur Lynch, graduates this year but Jay Rome will be back, plus Jeb Blazevich is probably good enough to play right away providing he knows how to block. Defensively, I don't think we lose anybody. Schedule next year is Clempson at home without Tajh Boyd or Sammy Watkins. Bye week, then South Carolina on the road without Connor Shaw or Clowney. Then Troy, Tennessee at home, Vandy at home, Mizzou on the road, Fat-face on the road, Florida, Kentucky on road, Auburn at home (after 2 years in a row on the Plains), Charleston Southern at home, and Georgia Tech at home.

Draxal

Yes. I meant that I thought the conventional wisdom on Peppers was that if he decommitted from Michigan it would be to flip to PSU.

PSU and Michigan have looked really bad recently. If he's going to flip, it's because Michigan has looked bad and PSU has been just as bad.

Lonestar

But hey, Nick Marshall got kicked off the team for stealing from teammates so of course Auburn picks him up. Seems like Cam did a similar thing. Hell, Mettenburger got kicked of Georgia but LSU picked him up. SEC West don't care bout no record, son.

Who knew Tigers were actually scavengers. Land Vultures.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
PSU and Michigan have looked really bad recently. If he's going to flip, it's because Michigan has looked bad and PSU has been just as bad.

PSU has an excuse. Anyone who was considering PSU isn't going to be put off by their struggles this year, given their sanctions.

Garryk

(FRI) Washington @ UCLA by 7
Cincinnati @ Rutgers by 6
North Carolina @ Pittsburgh by 9
Georgia @ Auburn by 6
Miami @ Duke by 11
Oklahoma State @ Texas by 7
Michigan State @ Nebraska by 9
Michigan @ Northwestern by 6
California @ Colorado by 9
Texas Tech vs Baylor by 18
Stanford @ USC by 11
Oregon State @ Arizona State by 7

belushy

Banned
After High School I never really kept up with how the football team was doing. Just read today that they are hosting their first playoff game in 25 years. When I was there, the first two years I think the team only won a game or two. Also found out that the school has a player who was rated 4-star by Rivals.com, and committed to Penn State. I only talked to him maybe two or three times when I was at the school, but it is pretty surreal seeing a player from that High School going to a college for football like that. The school was never all that much about football, compared to how popular and how good our Women's and Men's soccer teams were.

527cee55021de.image.jpg
Similarly, someone ran the numbers of Tosh's 2010 "Recruiter of the Year" class for Cal: 1 NFL player, 5 contributors, 4 backups, 9 transfers/dismissals

Lonestar

Similarly, someone ran the numbers of Tosh's 2010 "Recruiter of the Year" class for Cal: 1 NFL player, 5 contributors, 4 backups, 9 transfers/dismissals

Tosh's single class while at Tennessee was even worse, before you get to the part about running potential players off (Boyd and that Baylor QB)

Meier

The description of the suspect is just so far removed from Winston that I can't see why a cover up would be necessary. The report says minimum weight of 240 and 5'9" to 5'11". It literally couldn't match him much less if someone tried.

Someone put in a request for this report the day after Stanford beat Oregon. It was a case that was closed in everyone's eyes but some Gator or A&M alum or something inside the department must have tipped TMZ off for some cash. If there is anything underhanded here, it's probably by the source.

Quake1028

The description of the suspect is just so far removed from Winston that I can't see why a cover up would be necessary. The report says minimum weight of 240 and 5'9" to 5'11". It literally couldn't match him much less if someone tried.

Someone put in a request for this report the day after Stanford beat Oregon. It was a case that was closed in everyone's eyes but some Gator or A&M alum or something inside the department must have tipped TMZ off for some cash. If there is anything underhanded here, it's probably by the source.

l8Zb9WW.gif

Subitai

Shut up you stupid PSU homer.

I bet you go to sleep every night in your Jerry Sandusky jammies.
I wish I could say I was feeding him that.

Although, Hoke can say he isn't finished working through RichRod's signees and having the players to field the Stanfordish team he wants.

Anyway, next year will be fun!

Top Bottom