• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 12| Undefeated when playing (InsertTeamName) football

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
haven't kept up alot on the big names this year, but if we can just end with Marlon Humphrey, I'll be more than satisfied with Cam Robinson, Hand, and him (on top of what looks like another fantastic class). But we really needed the next LT, a big time DLine/LB Pass rusher, and a #1 corner.

Well, maybe not NEEDED, but those are nice things to have on top of everything else.

LF might be a better potential RB than any we've had, but we have way too many RB's now.
I think we'll try to close with Humphrey (who will be the only recruit that I will be disappointed to lose out on given who his daddy is), Elam, Hootie/Hampton at S, and maybe Evans from Opelika.
You think Fournette to LSU and Dixon to da U?
Yes. Dixon's mom apparently doesn't like to fly, which means it would be an absolute bitch for her to travel to Tuscaloosa to see him play.

I would be shocked--even more than I was for Hand--if Fournette doesn't go to LSU.
Is it creepy to follow/stalk high school kids on Twitter if your team is recruiting them heavily? It's creepy, right?
Yes.

Limedust

haven't kept up alot on the big names this year, but if we can just end with Marlon Humphrey, I'll be more than satisfied with Cam Robinson, Hand, and him (on top of what looks like another fantastic class). But we really needed the next LT, a big time DLine/LB Pass rusher, and a #1 corner.

Well, maybe not NEEDED, but those are nice things to have on top of everything else.

LF might be a better potential RB than any we've had, but we have way too many RB's now.

I think it is LF at RB, or nothing.

Matt Elam and Humphrey are my 2 biggest "wants", though.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
The tears from UM fans on their boards/twitter right now over hand is great. They though for sure he was a shoe in.

BZDSchbCUAAUU_T.png

Getting LF, to me, would be more about laughing and pissing on LSU with a 1/9-level of domination, than adding more talent to the RB position.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
10 wins, eh, maybe. CCG, no. VaTech only has Maryland and Virginia left. They would have to massively shit the bed for us to get back into it, and that's assuming we win 3 straight, which is no guarantee without Duke Johnson.

Thought Virginia Tech had lost a 3rd conference game for some reason.

officially in the ACC on july 1st...can't wait to leave this utterly shit conference behind and watch Aresco take the whole ship down with him

Holy shit have some humility. You Louisville fans are becoming worse than the main fans you complain about - UK! Ultimately, your shit presidents caused the issues, not the commissioner of the conference. Presidents call the shot.

And if this conference is so shit, what is your team? You failed to ever dominate it. And no - getting into a 3 way tie with whomever and getting into a BCS game due to BCS ranking is not dominating.

You also got beat by the Central Florida Golden Fighting Knights. And it wasn't a freak play, it was getting absolutely dominated in the second half. The team ran it down your throat at will! On your homecoming with you having the easiest schedule in the world and the BCS game handed to you on a silver platter.

It's really apparent how much that loss stung given the ratings for the Houston-UCF game. Second highest ratings outside of Orlando watching the game. Hoping and praying you could back into another BCS game.

Hell we still very may drop 2 games to lose out on the BCS game. But it is still funny how many of you want to back your way in given how much better you claim you are vs. everyone else!

At least I can recognize how our former conference helped us so much and put us in an elevated position. Good riddance and try not to become like Pitt and Syracuse.

Careful now...

Goldeneye & bishman are lurking!
Right on cue!

KingGondo

Banned

Times is hard in Bama. Just got the #1 recruit in the country and it's like "I'll only be truly satisfied if we get him AND a couple other studs we want."

Shit, I get excited when we get a 3* DT with potential to turn into a contributor in a couple years.

I was also excited about Luke Del Rio. :'(

Lonestar

Times is hard in Bama. Just got the #1 recruit in the country and it's like "I'll only be truly satisfied if we get him AND a couple other studs we want."

Shit, I get excited when we get a 3* DT with potential to turn into a contributor in a couple years.

it's called "Special Pressure"

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!

Not only is he one of the other top recruits, his dad, Bobby Humphrey, is one of the best running backs to ever play for Bama. Not landing Marlon would be like Oklahoma State not landing Barry Sanders, Jr.

Draxal

I am going to become a Rutgers Football "positoid" poster:

Hey Draxal, shut the fuck up with your hatred of Kyle Flood. Morons like you are why Rutgers is losing recruits!

(Note: the irony of their harsh tone creating more negativity is often lost on most "positoid" posters.)

Oh missed that earlier, but yeah the Rivals boards is pretty stupid.

Now the negatoids and positoids are demanding that they fire the regional writer, which the site owner has no control over.

KingGondo

Banned
Not only is he one of the other top recruits, his dad, Bobby Humphrey, is one of the best running backs to ever play for Bama. Not landing Marlon would be like Oklahoma State not landing Barry Sanders, Jr.
You just *had* to rub it in, didn't you.

But hey. At least we were in his final 2!

Note: he announced his decision not long after OSU beat Stanford in the Fiesta Bowl in 2011.

Also note: I'm a huge OSU fan and would accept a full ride at Stanford over one at OSU 100 times out of 100.

Speaking of, why doesn't he get more playing time at Stanford. I've barely seen him on the field.
Not sure what the situation is, I just assumed he was waiting for his turn behind the other good backs they have.

xeris

(FRI) Washington @ UCLA by 4
Cincinnati @ Rutgers by 4
North Carolina @ Pittsburgh by 3
Georgia @ Auburn by 13
Miami @ Duke by 7
Oklahoma State @ Texas by 4
Michigan State @ Nebraska by 4
Michigan @ Northwestern by 4
California @ Colorado by 7
Texas Tech vs Baylor by 10
Stanford @ USC by 7
Oregon State @ Arizona State by 6

Oh missed that earlier, but yeah the Rivals boards is pretty stupid.

Now the negatoids and positoids are demanding that they fire the regional writer, which the site owner has no control over.

Yeah, the Rivals site owners have no control over Friedman. However, if Rivals HQ doesn't tamp him down then the rutgersfan guys should explore a move to 247...

He has done a fair amount to piss off the Rutgers fan base. The ire against him is warranted.

Lonestar

Moten moves da U to #3 ESPN / #3 Rivals / #4 Scout / #6 24/7.

looking at the various ratings, and the Distance between Alabama and the #2 spots on Rivals is the same as the difference between #2 and #6, the difference on 247 is the same difference between #2 and #13. ESPN doesn't give any numerical value. Scout seems to love Tennessee, as they're not far from Alabama, and both are well over #3, almost 1000 points more.

Had accidentally saw Scout's 2013 rankings, and WTF were they thinking. Alabama has double the top 100 players than OSUn, Michigan, and UCLA, but finishes 4th?

Draxal

Yeah, the Rivals site owners have no control over Friedman. However, if Rivals HQ doesn't tamp him down then the rutgersfan guys should explore a move to 247...

He has done a fair amount to piss off the Rutgers fan base. The ire against him is warranted.

His article on Nelson was a disaster. The owner of the site hates 247 so I don't think that will ever happen.

Jay Sosa

(FRI) Washington @ UCLA by 5
Cincinnati @ Rutgers by 4
North Carolina @ Pittsburgh by 7
Georgia @ Auburn by 10
Miami @ Duke by 3
Oklahoma State @ Texas by 8
Michigan State @ Nebraska by 10
Michigan @ Northwestern by 4
California @ Colorado by 24
Texas Tech vs Baylor by 12
Stanford @ USC by 8
Oregon State @ Arizona State by 8

Cal at Colorado on Saturday is going to be a festival of bad defense:
From their conference games:

Points per game allowed: Cal 45.9, Colorado 50.5
Yards per game allowed: Cal 514, Colorado 589.5
Margin of defeat: Cal 26.1 points, Colorado 34.5
After a 59-7 loss at Washington last Saturday, CU defensive coordinator Kent Baer counted 37 missed tackles, helping the Huskies total more than 250 yards after initial contact.

Lonestar

http://www.tmz.com/2013/11/14/jameis-winston-sexual-assault-investigation-florida-state-university-cover-up/
TMZ thinks a cover up has happened.

There's evidence Tallahassee cops tried to sweep the sexual assault investigation targeting Florida State University QB Jameis Winston under the rug to protect the team and its star player ... and ONLY took aggressive steps after TMZ Sports started asking questions.

Sources in the State Attorney's Office tell us they never even knew about the investigation until Tuesday ... JUST ONE DAY AFTER TMZ Sports began making calls to cops about the alleged assault.

Our sources in the State Attorney's Office say ... it was highly unusual cops wouldn't have filled them in about the case until this week. The sources say cops would have typically notified them when the investigation was completed, and Winston's lawyer reportedly says cops told him it was completed in February.

Now get this ... TMZ Sports started calling police about the case on Monday. We were told someone would get back to us later that day, but there was radio silence for 2 days ... we made repeated calls Tuesday and Wednesday and no one got back to us until late Wednesday afternoon.

Sources in the State Attorney's Office tell us ... the timing -- getting notified about the case months after it supposedly was closed and just a day after TMZ started calling -- is suspicious.

The State Attorney has now re-activated the case and sent it back to cops for further investigation.

And there's a twist -- guess what would happen if Winston was even CHARGED with felony sexual assault -- under FSU's rules ... he would be AUTOMATICALLY BENCHED ... killing the team's national championship hopes and his Heisman Trophy chances.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2013/11/14/jamei...rida-state-university-cover-up/#ixzz2kf5wrzYL

@SportsCenter: FSU QB Jameis Winston has exercised his right not to speak w/ police in ongoing sexual assault investigation

AP: Prosecutors didn't receive case til this week.

Jhriad

Oh, yay, another Nebraska offensive linemen is injured. That's four linemen injured. One 'might' see a little playtime but it's looking even worse for our chances to move the ball at all against Michigan State. Combined with the terrible punt return game and frequent shanked punts I'm thinking this one could be ugly for Nebraska. :(

Kevtones

All that's needed now:

USC beats Stanford
FSU loses Winston/mojo
Ohio State loses to Michigan State
Baylor loses to Oklahoma State

OREGON BEATS BAMA FOR THE NATTY I LOVE LIFE

Lonestar

All that's needed now:

USC beats Stanford
FSU loses Winston/mojo
Ohio State loses to Michigan State
Baylor loses to Oklahoma State

OREGON BEATS BAMA FOR THE NATTY I LOVE LIFE

But I thought National Championship Teams had to be conference winners. That's what Cyan told us.

Top Bottom