• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 12| Undefeated when playing (InsertTeamName) football

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Not a good start for Georgia. Auburn''s already had the ball ~7 minutes to 0 for Georgia.

Velcro Fly

I can overlook a bad loss when you are playing a schedule that is above and beyond anyone else in the title hunt. I definitely think Utah is better than half the Big Ten slop that Ohio St. has played this year. Utah's record sucks but they've played pretty much every good Pac-12 team but Washington. They can get crushed by Oregon today and still beat WSU and Colorado to be bowl eligible.

It would be so fucking hilarious if both Bama and FSU got upset and it would be us and Baylor in the MNC.

The SEC homers would flip the fuck out.

When did the "pretend I am eating a bowl of soup" thing get started? Seems like every team is doing it now.

Lil-B-cooking.jpg

lil b

I can overlook a bad loss when you are playing a schedule that is above and beyond anyone else in the title hunt. I definitely think Utah is better than half the Big Ten slop that Ohio St. has played this year. Utah's record sucks but they've played pretty much every good Pac-12 team but Washington. They can get crushed by Oregon today and still beat WSU and Colorado to be bowl eligible.

One can overlook a loss against a good team, but not against a bad one.

If Stanford's loss were against UCLA or UDub, maybe you'd have a solid point. But it was against Utah, and Utah is not a good football team.

Want to hear others opinions on this issue.

So once we're in the playoff with the committee they will be selecting the teams. Say a scenario happens, similar to what is alleged in fsu, and undefeated team loses their starting star player.

Should the committee factor that into their selection at all?

That swag. 21-0 in first in Tallahassee.

Damn. Winston is practically assaulting the Syracuse defenders.

So once we're in the playoff with the committee they will be selecting the teams. Say a scenario happens, similar to what is alleged in fsu, and undefeated team loses their starting star player.

No. The only thing that matters is the team's performance on the field.

No, I don't think they should, but I think they probably would, even though they wouldn't admit to it.

squicken

To me it's the kind of thing that needs to be cleared up before they ever get in that "room". They need decide if they are voting on a body of work, weighting recent performance, and factoring in changes in player availability

Undefeated major conference team should be in, no matter what. For a team with losses, maybe there's a conversation, since by definition the team is flawed.

Kevtones

Oregon's walk-on QB throws a pick-safety on an XP but Oregon committed a shift infraction to nullify the play with a 5 yard penalty. Basically, Oregon got 3 points for committing a penalty and it's the right call. Awesome.

Velcro Fly

There's no way Auburn is going to beat Alabama in the Iron Bowl. Confident of that by watching Nick Marshall one hop it to a guy who was wide open for a first down.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Georgia isnt violent enough in the DT department to my liking, so AU's offense is pretty much rolling.

Georgia's Offense doesn't know what it wants to do, and is killing their defense

andycapps

Sorry for anybody that picked UGA. Penn Wagers is the official for the game and he fucking hates Georgia. Any call that is borderline will go against us and you'll see Playing While Georgia flags all day.

Top Bottom