• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 12| Undefeated when playing (InsertTeamName) football

Sorry guys, but I've been watching this for 4 straight years. Every single game for 4 years. Always the same story. Lots of stats, not a lot of wins against good opponents.

It seems weird to blame this on Murray. Sure he made a dumb play on a low percentage play, but the Dawgs lost because they gave up a TD on an equally low percentage play. How is that his fault?

Cal down 27-10 heading into the 4th quarter in Colorado. Colorado's previous high in Pac-12 play was 381 yards. Today they have 419 yards and still a quarter left to play.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Interesting that we're playing (true freshman) Justis Nelson at CB. Coaches have said he's one of the best cover guys we have, but he was redshirting until just a week or two ago when he came in at safety due to injuries to other players. I think he's been a safety pretty much the whole year so I don't know how much work he's actually had at CB.

Jesus Christ that Baylor DE just caught a fastball to the chest.

That's a CB.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
I don't usually break down games, so I thought I would take another look at my predictions for the Auburn Georgia game.

I think Auburn has a good chance of rushing for between 240 yards and 325 yards (their average +/- 15%) and scoring 3-4 rushing TDs. I'm not sure that this will be enough to beat Georgia, so either the special teams will have to put up some points or Marshall will have to connect with Coates for a score or two to beat the Dawgs.
Auburn ended up rushing for 322 yards and scored 4 rushing TDs. This wasn't enough to bury Georgia, and it took a late, miracle pass from Marshall for them to come out on top.
Hell, here's my prediction for the AU-UGA game: Georgia will win if: (1) they can force AU to attempt more than 22 passes; (2) they rush for more than 150 yards as a team; and (3) they win the time of possession battle by 5 minutes or more.
Auburn and Marshall ended up attempting 27 total passes. However Georgia ended up only rushing for 118 yards and lost the time of possession battle by almost 10 minutes.
Auburn wins if any of these things happen: (1) Todd Gurley is held to less than 50 yards or gets knocked out of the game in the first half; (2) Marshall attempts less than 15 passes; or (3) AU rushes for their season average or greater (280 yards).
Gurley was held in check for the first half, but did end up getting 80 rushing yards for the game. As discussed above, Marshall (26) attempted more than 15 passes, but Auburn had another stellar day rushing the ball and ended up with 322 yards, or 115% of their season average coming into the Georgia game.

pxleyes

Banned
“@RedditCFB: They should do a Heisman House where Charlie Ward is just shooting hoops out back. @NissanUSA” this needs to happen.

Top Bottom