• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 13| _ E ... _ A N _ ... _ A _ A

cashman

Banned
I'm so sorry, but I had to share:

F5ZHD5t.gif

I raise you this:

andycapps

I find bad quarterbacks at major / "major" programs endlessly entertaining and tend to remember them.

e: With the exception of Tebow, of course.
Felt bad for Joe T3. He was a loyal kid and third generation Bulldog, his dad is the strength and conditioning coach. He just wasn't a good QB.

Joe Cox was just a horrible QB.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Was this known before? I thought it was assault. Now it's being defined as rape. Shit's getting really real.

The victim's statement calls it rape, which I think is the first legitimate use of it. Up until then it was always referred to as sexual assault.

It seems that the victim was drugged or drunk at a bar, was raped, without knowing who the person was, then identified the person as Jameis after a month has gone by, presumably after seeing him on tv or something.

That is the best I can seem to guess based on the ridiculous happenings so far. Nothing would really surprise me at this point. Most likely two scenarios are Jameis did it or the victim has incorrectly associated his face with her memories. She doesn't have to be lying to be wrong.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!

Schmitty

Should tell all these name schools to stop falling apart before we play them. Looking at you, penn state/michigan/VT/WVU. I'd start worrying now, Wisconsin.

Only happened with PSU because you were afraid to play us when we were having 10 win seasons. You begged "Please, Penn State! Let us play you when we get better!"

About Winston-gate:

I'll just wait until everything is settled. I don't have the patience to follow these things 24/7 anymore

GAF Pick'em Week 13 Games

Oklahoma @ Kansas State by 13
Cincinnati @ Houston by 5
Mississippi State @ Arkansas by 10
Texas A&M @ LSU by 8
Wisconsin @ Minnesota by 4
BYU @ Notre Dame by 4
Nebraska @ Penn State by 6
Arizona State @ UCLA by 9
Missouri @ Ole Miss by 12
Baylor @ Oklahoma State by 14
Boise State @ San Diego State by 7
Washington @ Oregon State by 6

Maybe I'm late on this one, but now the NCAA is suing EA Sports and CLC?

The Nov. 4 filing alleges that CLC’s breached duties included “self-dealing in settlement negotiations without the NCAA’s knowledge, authorization or participation.” The NCAA seeks to prohibit EA Sports and CLC from completing the settlement, and have EA be held responsible for future liability judgments and legal fees.

:lol

The lot of 'em can burn for all I care

bachikarn

Oklahoma @ Kansas State by 4
Cincinnati @ Houston by 7
Mississippi State @ Arkansas by 7
Texas A&M @ LSU by 7
Wisconsin @ Minnesota by 7
BYU @ Notre Dame by 7
Nebraska @ Penn State by 7
Arizona State @ UCLA by 4
Missouri @ Ole Miss by 4
Baylor @ Oklahoma State by 7
Boise State @ San Diego State by 7
Washington @ Oregon State by 7

mre

A couple Alabama recruits took the Saban to Texas rumors too seriously and defected elsewhere. weird.
Roberts was expected. He's gone to something like 4-5 Auburn home games so far this year. Viane was always USC's to win if they got their shit together. The distance was too far. There is at least one more that may flip to AU: Hamilton, a linebacker out of Montgomery. He, too, has spent a ton of games on AU's campus so far this season.

Edit: Bo Scarbrough may flip as well.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Roberts was expected. He's gone to something like 4-5 Auburn home games so far this year. Viane was always USC's to win if they got their shit together. The distance was too far. There is at least one more that may flip to AU: Hamilton, a linebacker out of Montgomery. He, too, has spent a ton of games on AU's campus so far this season.

Edit: Bo Scarbrough may flip as well.

I do like the rumor that Bo might flip, because of Alabama landing Fornette.

Still, I'd rather they flip to someone that isn't Auburn, and I've kind of wanted Bo for a few years now (remember hearing about him 3 years ago)

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Also, yeah, He's done.

Though, I had the same feeling that Cam got paid and JFF got paid, and look how that turned out.

But then again, the Law >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>infinitysign>>>>The NCAA.

DNA + what looks like TPD cover up, will taint him big time, whether it was consensual or not. He's got what looks like, a police department looking out for him.

I hope the young man is innocent. But if he isn't...

From the ESPN article about the DNA, it at least appears that the state attorney isn't out for himself like dude in the Duke Lacrosse situation.

Meggs told ESPN.com on Wednesday that he probably will not take the case before a grand jury, saying his office would ultimately decide whether it believes it has sufficient evidence to charge Winston with a crime.

"I'm not stupid," Meggs said. "It is a young man whose life is in a fish bowl right now. I think about that. There's also a young girl whose life has been turned upside down and her life will never be the same, either. We look at it and say, 'Which one of those is most important?' Both. It is a search for the truth and the truth is kind of elusive sometimes."

Kevtones

According to the DNA analysis report, a copy of which was viewed by ESPN.com on Wednesday, the Florida state crime lab determined that the chances of the DNA in the woman's underwear are a match for someone other than Winston was one in 2.2 trillion.

Damn.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Dude is guilty. I just hope he gets charged soon, suspended, takes a plea to limit impact on the victim and to limit the media circus, gets kicked off the team and we can all get on with our lives.

pxleyes

Banned
Dude is guilty. I just hope he gets charged soon, suspended, takes a plea to limit impact on the victim and to limit the media circus, gets kicked off the team and we can all get on with our lives.

Jesus, that was quick for you to turn on him. It means he had sex with the woman. Doesn't mean he raped her.

mre

Jesus, man. Sex =/ rape. Let the events play out.

Kevtones

I love me some ESPN FPI rankings as they out-Saragin Saragin with 7 Pac-12 teams in the Top 20.

1 Florida State
2 Oregon
3 Baylor
4 Alabama
5 Ohio State
6 Stanford
7 Arizona State
8 Wisconsin
9 Auburn
10 Washington
11 Clemson
12 Missouri
13 Texas A&M
14 UCLA
15 Oklahoma State
16 USC
17 Georgia Tech
18 BYU
19 LSU
20 Utah

cashman

Banned
That's why Case McCoy is a longhorn and Jameis. Case knows that you only watch sexual assaults not participate in them!

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Jesus, man. Sex =/ rape. Let the events play out.

It would take her being a malevolent liar at this point for him to be innocent. This seems unlikely to me.

I was holding out hope the victim just misidentified Winston. That she was drunk or something and just remembered wrong. Nope.

Meier

It would take her being a malevolent liar at this point for him to be innocent. This seems unlikely to me.

I was holding out hope the victim just misidentified Winston. That she was drunk or something and just remembered wrong. Nope.

I'm disappointed about it too, but I don't think she's necessarily being malevolent or even a "liar" regardless of the outcome of the case. People have drunk sex all the time.. it's entirely possible he thought he was just having sex with a girl who had some drinks too and then in retrospect she felt like she was too drunk to consent.

DominoKid

i don't think it's all that unlikely.

it doesn't look good for Jameis though.

Top Bottom