• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 13| _ E ... _ A N _ ... _ A _ A

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
can I get banned for saying how I really feel about people that don't stick around through the dark times of their chosen sports teams?

At least have the courtesy to be permabanned as the reason you don't post during the down years.

andycapps

Okay, I'm back. :)

My depression over last year's season was so bad that I stopped reading all college football coverage while still suffering through the abysmal games. I'm back in Auburn and immersed in the culture, so I can't help but want to talk about it online.

My heart is healing.

Yup, you're an Auburn fan all right.

Lonestar

Stage 2 - Victim Blaming

That SBNation post Meier posted is full on Stage 2.

I think that meggs and the tpd are just trying to figure out a way to exonerate Winston without making this girl look like an idiot which is going to be really difficult to do

Not my words. What do y’all think?

Lonestar

NCAA sues EA Sports, CLC
Updated: November 21, 2013, 2:18 AM ET

The NCAA is suing EA Sports and the Collegiate Licensing Company, according to multiple reports.

The lawsuit was filed Nov. 4 in a Georgia state court. It followed a September settlement in which EA Sports and the Collegiate Licensing Company agreed to pay around $40 million to settle lawsuits brought by former players whose likenesses were used without compensation. That left the NCAA alone in facing the class-action lawsuits spearheaded by former UCLA basketball player Ed O'Bannon and former college quarterback Sam Keller.

The NCAA is seeking to block the settlement and have EA Sports be required to pay for future liability judgments, legal fees and costs, according to the reports.

The suit alleges the Collegiate Licensing Company did not "adequately supervise" EA Sports and that the NCAA was subsequently subjected to "potential liability in several lawsuits currently being litigated relating to EA's alleged use of NCAA student athletes' names, images, and likenesses in EA's NCAA-themed video games," according to The Wall Street Journal.

The suit also alleges the licensing company violated its business partnership with the NCAA by "self-dealing in settlement negotiations without the NCAA's knowledge, authorization or participation," per the Wall Street Journal report.

As for EA Sports, the suit alleges the video game company did not maintain sufficient liability insurance to cover "pending third-party claims, including for attorneys' fees that the NCAA has already incurred in defending against those claims," according to USA Today.

The NCAA also faults both EA Sports and the Collegiate Licensing Company for settling the lawsuits without notifying the collegiate governing body and for refusing to give the NCAA information pertaining to the settlement, USA Today reported.

The NCAA and EA Sports declined to comment, while CLC spokesman Andrew Giangola said, "CLC is caught in the middle of a dispute between NCAA and EA which should not involve us."

Wonder what this means. Sure sounds like NCAA mad that EA/CLC gave up and settled, worried they'll be left alone to pay the piper if this all goes down wrong.

can I get banned for saying how I really feel about people that don't stick around through the dark times of their chosen sports teams?

At least have the courtesy to be permabanned as the reason you don't post during the down years.

I actually followed auburn closely. I just didn't want to read what you guys or any sports media with anti-auburn biases (which would be pretty much all of them except for the solid verbal) had to say.

I watched every second of every game and stuck with the auburn boards. It almost felt like a family matter.

Anyway, I guess I will keep showing up and getting treated like garbage by you guys for a couple of weeks until I get bored of that. This isn't the most inviting group.

I actually followed auburn closely. I just didn't want to read what you guys or any sports media with anti-auburn biases (which would be pretty much all of them except for the solid verbal) had to say.

I watched every second of every game and stuck with the auburn boards. It almost felt like a family matter.

Not all of us have biases.

We all have biases against the life longs though.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member

Seriously. It's annoying. I assume some of it is from fans that don't really have a tie to the school other than being a fan.

andycapps

Hey man, it's fine if you want to post here, but most of us have stuck with our team through good and bad times. And if you want to bring the "everybody hates Auburn, you guys don't understand, Auburn brotherhood man" thing, then feel free to do so. I don't think it'll go well though if you do.

I specifically said that I just avoided all coverage last season. Not that I didn't go to any games or watch them. I just didn't want to be here or read articles from journalists who were happy to see the team falling apart.

Seems logical to me.

Quake1028

Anyway, I guess I will keep showing up and getting treated like garbage by you guys for a couple of weeks until I get bored of that. This isn't the most inviting group.

You are getting treated like garbage because you were here for Cam, lost your smile since then, and are now miraculously ready to post again when your team is flying high.

Not that it matters anyway. I'm sure an Iron Bowl & bowl loss and you will be gone again.

You are getting treated like garbage because you were here for Cam, lost your smile since then, and are now miraculously ready to post again when your team is flying high.

Not that it matters anyway. I'm sure an Iron Bowl & bowl loss and you will be gone again.

You know nothing about me and are choosing to not even read what I wrote. I avoided all media coverage and GAF football interactions. That doesn't mean I didn't support the team by attending some games and watching them on tv while also posting on the auburn boards.

Posting here has nothing to do with how big of a fan someone is. I have two degrees from auburn and have worked there, so, it's not just some casual thing to me. It's family.

xeris

Oklahoma @ Kansas State by 4
Cincinnati @ Houston by 4
Mississippi State @ Arkansas by 4
Texas A&M @ LSU by 4
Wisconsin @ Minnesota by 4
BYU @ Notre Dame by 10
Nebraska @ Penn State by 14
Arizona State @ UCLA by 6
Missouri @ Ole Miss by 7
Baylor @ Oklahoma State by 4
Boise State @ San Diego State by 7
Washington @ Oregon State by 4

Quake1028

You know nothing about me and are choosing to not even read what I wrote. I avoided all media coverage and GAF football interactions. That doesn't mean I didn't support the team by attending some games and watching them on tv while also posting on the auburn boards.

I know plenty about you. It's all in your post. Miami is dogshit lately, I have posted here every year. Duke has never been anything, truly posts here. Andy is still here this year, as are most of the Gatas. The FSU fans never left. So no, forgive us if we have little to no sympathy for you.

BielemaBaby.gif

I know plenty about you. It's all in your post. Miami is dogshit lately, I have posted here every year. Duke has never been anything, truly posts here. Andy is still here this year, as are most of the Gatas. The FSU fans never left. So no, forgive us if we have little to no sympathy for you.

Posting here means nothing, though! It's just something to do. That's it. It's no barometer of fanhood or whatever point you are trying to make.
It's just hard to be on here and deal with the mean-spirited conversations. I don't know what I was even thinking trying to do it again.
Guess I just thought it would be fun with the iron bowl coming up.
Instead, I get tarred and feathered by a Miami fan for not posting here during the heart of the auburn bashing. I chose to talk with like-minded people instead. Life will go on, man.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!

I'm with you. I posted here through 2 3-9 seasons, two losses to Richmond :(. Embarrassing shelackings by Bama, Stanford and Clemson and a heartbreaking self destruction during last years Belk bowl. I'm also not naive enough to think that we'll never suck in football again. Another 4-8 or 5-7 season could be just around the corner, and I'ma take that shit and love it (because its better than 0-12). You Auburn fans should be ashamed.

Also CFB gaf is not a hostile environment, even with Mre and Lonestar teasing you or the Tennessee fans. Its all in fun. JJasper sticks around and he has it worse

andycapps

I specifically said that I just avoided all coverage last season. Not that I didn't go to any games or watch them. I just didn't want to be here or read articles from journalists who were happy to see the team falling apart.

Seems logical to me.

Nobody is out to get Auburn or the Auburn fans. You guys and your tinfoil hats. If you can't handle people heckling you or your team, then maybe college football isn't the right sport or you should try to get a thicker skin. We give each other a hard time all the time but I don't think I've seen people leave the thread over it, other than Domers and a couple Auburn fans that can't think rationally.

Seriously, stick around. It's a good time. And stick with it through good times with your team and bad. There is more to life than football.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!

Posting here has nothing to do with how big of a fan someone is. I have two degrees from auburn and have worked there, so, it's not just some casual thing to me. It's family.
:jnc

Leave him alone, guys. He truly is an Auburn Man, after all.

bearcatjosh, don't live in a bubble. There's nothing less useful than surrounding yourself only with people that agree with you. It's no wonder that when you do, you view any other opinion as "outrageous" or even an "attack."

I'm going to stick it out in this thread. I consider what's happening right now a weird homecoming to a foster home I only lived in for a couple of months.

The other boys just don't want to share their snacks with the guy who left.

:p

Nobody is out to get Auburn or the Auburn fans. You guys and your tinfoil hats. If you can't handle people heckling you or your team, then maybe college football isn't the right sport or you should try to get a thicker skin. We give each other a hard time all the time but I don't think I've seen people leave the thread over it, other than Domers and a couple Auburn fans that can't think rationally.

Seriously, stick around. It's a good time. And stick with it through good times with your team and bad. There is more to life than football.

Truth, take your ribbing for the next week where you will be called a life long, roll with it, and by next week youll be fine.

Everyone gives everyone shit here, but it is never mean spirited it. And for godsakes get off team specific boards! If all you do is visit that youll soon be that crazy michigan blogger guy whos convinced UM is throwing games due to some new world order.

To gloom fire:
I shake your hand and say "let's get along ." I'm sure it's not easy trying to get the wave started in a stadium they'd never more than half full. Must weigh heavily on you.

See , I can rib people too.

andycapps

I'm going to stick it out in this thread. I consider what's happening right now a weird homecoming to a foster home I only lived in for a couple of months.

The other boys just don't want to share their snacks with the guy who left.

:p

Oh you have no idea how weird it gets. Wait until the offseason when the Miami fans start posting shirtless photos of 18 year olds that are definitely on steroids.

Truth, take your ribbing for the next week where you will be called a life long, roll with it, and by next week youll be fine.

Everyone gives everyone shit here, but it is never mean spirited it. And for godsakes get off team specific boards! If all you do is visit that youll soon be that crazy michigan blogger guy whos convinced UM is throwing games due to some new world order.

Exactly. New people are usually heckled for a little bit and then it stops, unless crazy assertions like people being out to get them are kept up.

I declare myself the official auburn guy. I shall carry the sword and take the ribbing while dishing out ribbing as necessary.

And to the duke guy:
Respect got being a duke football fan. Obviously you have a real tie to them.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Oh you have no idea how weird it gets. Wait until the offseason when the Miami fans start posting shirtless photos of 18 year olds that are definitely on steroids.

I was going to do a track watch series of posts on the removal of the worst fucking thing in Wallace Wade this offseason. Not as creepy but equally pathetic. But now the track removal has been postponed a year. You really don't know what that thing means to Duke football fans. When they do tear it up, I want a piece of it, and I'm going to leave outside somewhere for me to piss on it.

And to the duke guy:
Respect got being a duke football fan. Obviously you have a real tie to them.

Believe it or not, we have quite a few fans of the football team that were never Duke students, including me. And if we didn't show up, nobody did. Certainly not the students.

Lonestar

I've been in College GAF since before NeoGAF. I made it through the final Dubose (2000 Alabama @ UCLA, me and Limedust aka "Eli", watching that start of a disastrous season), the Fran years, and the 2 Mike's. College GAF was alot smaller, so I feel we've done a good job bringing people in, but please, please stick around when things go bad. Take the ribbing. Give it back. Whenever Alabama's downfall happens, I know there's gonna be a hell of alot of HA HA's thrown my way. I'll be here. I'll probably use a tired old Waterworld reference (Dryland is not a myth. I've seen it!)

For as much as I hated pxleyes for disparaging remarks about Protho's injuries against Florida, he's stuck around during Meyer's downfall, and is still here during some pretty bad football under Muschamp. I'd bet he was around for some Zook time, but I can't remember everything.

The OSUn guys have had some rougher years, they stuck around.
The handful of Michigan guys have stuck around.
The USC guys in the middle of the NCAA Drubbing, have stuck around.
The Texas guys have stuck around to dream about Nick Saban going to Texas.
The USCe guys, they were here before Spurrier got them going.
There's still a handful of Penn State guys! Or former Penn State guys, I don't know which.
That one Ole Miss guy, will show up every once in awhile, and when he does, I will always post about this
We still have Rutger's fans! Or just alumni who want to burn down the coaching staff.
God help us, we still have 3 or 4 Tennessee fans.
The Louisville guys....well, I don't know what to think about those 2.

The only Auburn guy that I think would have stuck around, could never keep off the Gaming Forum. Original accounts and alt's.
I can think of 2 other Auburn fans, bearcatjosh (ok, so I have heard of you :p ), and Dali. Both just up and disappear when things aren't going right.

You deprived us of primetime shit-talking pleasure, but arrive just in time to possibly gloat if Auburn goes to Atlanta???

Shameful.

Unless I'm mistaken, and missed on a "No Tiger's" rule, because there never seems to be any Auburn, LSU, Missouri, or Clemson (where oh where did Az go???) fans around.

This has far less cursing and name calling than what I wanted to add, though.

mre

The USC fans have stuck around the hell? I've seen TTK, but bluemax has been a ghost this season.

:(

Maybe I'm just not remembering, but what "Auburn bashing" were we doing the last couple years?

All I remember is a few comments of, "Yup, the usual Auburn is back now that The Boy That Was Paid For has gone on to be paid even more." And then... nothing. Certainly nothing beyond the usual short-lived reveling when a team, any team, takes a stumble.

Take it from a USC fan, it's just funny to see an Auburn fan complaining about everyone hating them and having to suffer through some tough times.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I've been in College GAF since before NeoGAF. I made it through the final Dubose (2000 Alabama @ UCLA, me and Limedust aka "Eli", watching that start of a disastrous season), the Fran years, and the 2 Mike's. College GAF was alot smaller, so I feel we've done a good job bringing people in, but please, please stick around when things go bad. Take the ribbing. Give it back. Whenever Alabama's downfall happens, I know there's gonna be a hell of alot of HA HA's thrown my way. I'll be here. I'll probably use a tired old Waterworld reference (Dryland is not a myth. I've seen it!)

For as much as I hated pxleyes for disparaging remarks about Protho's injuries against Florida, he's stuck around during Meyer's downfall, and is still here during some pretty bad football under Muschamp. I'd bet he was around for some Zook time, but I can't remember everything.

The OSUn guys have had some rougher years, they stuck around.
The handful of Michigan guys have stuck around.
The USC guys in the middle of the NCAA Drubbing, have stuck around.
The Texas guys have stuck around to dream about Nick Saban going to Texas.
The USCe guys, they were here before Spurrier got them going.
There's still a handful of Penn State guys! Or former Penn State guys, I don't know which.
That one Ole Miss guy, will show up every once in awhile, and when he does, I will always post about this
We still have Rutger's fans! Or just alumni who want to burn down the coaching staff.
God help us, we still have 3 or 4 Tennessee fans.
The Louisville guys....well, I don't know what to think about those 2.

The only Auburn guy that I think would have stuck around, could never keep off the Gaming Forum. Original accounts and alt's.
I can think of 2 other Auburn fans, bearcatjosh (ok, so I have heard of you :p ), and Dali. Both just up and disappear when things aren't going right.

You deprived us of primetime shit-talking pleasure, but arrive just in time to possibly gloat if Auburn goes to Atlanta???

Shameful.

Unless I'm mistaken, and missed on a "No Tiger's" rule, because there never seems to be any Auburn, LSU, Missouri, or Clemson (where oh where did Az go???) fans around.

This has far less cursing and name calling than what I wanted to add, though.

Cajunator roots for LSU, but he's more of a Saints fan, don't know where Azwethink went. I wish we had a couple of domers here. That one ND guy seemed alright. I think we lost our lone VT fan too, krzy1 I think

andycapps

Maybe I'm just not remembering, but what "Auburn bashing" were we doing the last couple years?

All I remember is a few comments of, "Yup, the usual Auburn is back now that The Boy That Was Paid For has gone on to be paid even more." And then... nothing. Certainly nothing beyond the usual short-lived reveling when a team, any team, takes a stumble.

Take it from a USC fan, it's just funny to see an Auburn fan complaining about everyone hating them and having to suffer through some tough times.

I just remember dammitmatt getting royally pissed during the Cam Newton days. It was him that coined the phrase "scared straight," correct?

Lonestar

Couldn't happen because there was no one here to laugh at. Just becomes a "stupid barners/domers" and move along. Miss. State got a huge boost in GAF Talk when MR was around. It died when he left.

Cajunator roots for LSU, but he's more of a Saints fan, don't know where Azwethink went. I wish we had a couple of domers here. That one ND guy seemed alright. I think we lost our lone VT fan too, krzy1 I think
yeah, and there was an old school VT guy, Denogginizer, who stopped coming. Think he's still around GAF somewhere. Az is around, mostly in the Madden topics, and we've talked on PS4 stuff. Same with The Once and Future King of Auburn fans.

Forgot to include that "hey, Andycapps didn't kill himself after last weekends game. True Fan, right there!"

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I'm more concerned about the shit Mre will give me if Bama does beat Duke next week. It could happen, and the CFB thread, which isn't about basketball, will not be a safe place of refuge. I imagine Lonestar will get in a few jabs too.

We better fucking win.

andycapps

Forgot to include that "hey, Andycapps didn't kill himself after last weekends game. True Fan, right there!"

Thanks, I think. I've been around a few years, lost track of the time. 3, maybe 4 years?

truly101 - If Bama beats Duke? Are you in a weird alternate dimension where Duke has a chance in that game? We're talking about a game, not practice.

mre

I'm more concerned about the shit Mre will give me if Bama does beat Duke next week. It could happen, and the CFB thread, which isn't about basketball, will not be a safe place of refuge. I imagine Lonestar will get in a few jabs too.

We better fucking win.

Don't worry, if the Maine prognosticators are right, I won't be around until the Iron Bowl:

BZi-GmUCMAAeMzp.png:large

Thanks, I think. I've been around a few years, lost track of the time. 3, maybe 4 years?

truly101 - If Bama beats Duke? Are you in a weird alternate dimension where Duke has a chance in that game? We're talking about a game, not practice.
Duke had to sell a little bit of their basketball mojo to have a decent year in football. I'm not saying we're going to win, but we've got a shot!

Lonestar

We better fucking win.

I doubt I'd give jabs, because I really wouldn't care if they win or lose.

BTW, why does there seem to be any worry about Duke losing that game??? Duke in a really REALLY down year? All I've heard about this year's Bama team, is they barely beat a really horrible team the 1st game, and Trevor Releford "went off" on a team recently. That's the extent of my knowledge of Alabama Basketball 2013.

mre

I doubt I'd give jabs, because I really wouldn't care if they win or lose.

BTW, why does there seem to be any worry about Duke losing that game??? Duke in a really REALLY down year? All I've heard about this year's Bama team, is they barely beat a really horrible team the 1st game, and Trevor Releford "went off" on a team recently. That's the extent of my knowledge of Alabama Basketball 2013.

I've watched our 3 wins so far (didn't catch our loss to OU), and our team looks much, much improved. Grant has switched up his offensive philosophy and no longer makes the team hold the ball and take shots right at the buzzer. If our team can hit their shots and Releford, Randolph, and Obasohan can avoid fouls and stay on the floor, we've got a shot.

Lonestar

I just remember dammitmatt getting royally pissed during the Cam Newton days. It was him that coined the phrase "scared straight," correct?

he coined alot of quality stuff (hate the thought that he's probably reading this...) My favorite of Karakand's Camus images is from him (from a statement he made while banned :lol)

karsh2.jpg

Just because it's been awhile, here are 2 others I remember:
the-famous-pose-of-albert-camus1-1.jpg

qUhz2II.jpg

The USC fans have stuck around the hell? I've seen TTK, but bluemax has been a ghost this season.

:(

6yqKJg8.jpg

I'm still here! I'm a little more active in the Madden threads because it's a year long thread and so my old senile ass doesn't have to worry about remembering to subscribe to a new thread every week. Also, the move to community still messes with my head.

I will also like to clarify on the behalf of USCe, Impirius is the only guy I remember from the pre-spurrier years. Once they started becoming relevant is when all the other guys showed up.

Oh how I long for the days when both Clemson and South Carolina were awful and Impirus and I would argue back and forth over which team wanted to lose more. Good times, those were.

Top Bottom