• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 15| Where rankings are made up & SEC losses don't matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karakand

You don't even need to make up derogatory nicknames when Trogans exists. The best part is how its use is a constant reminder of its self-inflicted nature. It's also a higher form of humor as it eschews vulgar insults and instead points out the substandard literacy and knowledge of Trogan athletes.

As always, you are the bigger man than me Branduil.

Sark to USC makes no sense to me, and I really have no bias in the matter.

No one who was actually good wanted the job. (Sorry Petersen.)

Haden let the inmates run the asylum RE: Big Game Lane, so I imagine he got some agitated phone calls RE: the Hummer Salesman this weekend after coughing up 5 TDs at home.

USC has had bad hiring practices forever. Cut and Run Pete was nothing near their first choice hire and he was the result of a frantic less-than-3-week coaching search.

It's a good time to be a Pac-438972093459 hater, pretty much everyone has bad coaches or will lose theirs sometime soon.

Kevtones

So the Huskies are getting better and the Trojans are going 7-5. Meh.

Really shocked Sark got cherry picked. Wish I were in LA right now (Oregon for the Holidays) because they're probably going apeshit on 710.

Todd Graham is legit but I'm quite surprised he wasn't pursued by USC. He should get COTY without a doubt.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
I'm a little surprised USC took Sark. I'm not thrilled by the short lists being thrown around for the UW job. They're all great coaches!

Edit: The thought of Petersen at UW terrifies me.

pxleyes

Banned
HO9xYAc.png

Sorry dude, but not sorry.

#rememberwhen people were lauding expansion because it brought in a bigger TV deal that would let all the programs hire better coaches?

lol

USC made the biggest sacrifices to make the P12 happen, and apparently it wasn't just money they were sacrificing. Maybe "shitty coaches at USC" is in the contract somewhere too. Wouldn't put it past Larry Scott.

cdyhybrid

Radio says Wilcox was not offered the job. That can only mean that Woodward thinks he has a slam dunk lined up: Mora or Petersen probably.

Internet says we're interviewing Mora today.

Talon

They did it. They really did it.
Not that it's saying much, but he was (and is) clearly an upgrade from Slick Rick.
The Mora train is a predictable cycle.

Two years of rah-rah enthusiasm
Third year, the team is a bit of a disappointment
Fourth year, the fact that Mora acts like everyone's bro leads to the team begin to fall apart.

But Washington is his dream job, so all's well.

That's right, I just hope everyone continues to ignore our OC.

Bama's OC has UW ties already. Mike Bobo has never known anywhere but Georgia.

As always, you are the bigger man than me Branduil.

No one who was actually good wanted the job. (Sorry Petersen.)

Haden let the inmates run the asylum RE: Big Game Lane, so I imagine he got some agitated phone calls RE: the Hummer Salesman this weekend after coughing up 5 TDs at home.

USC has had bad hiring practices forever. Cut and Run Pete was nothing near their first choice hire and he was the result of a frantic less-than-3-week coaching search.

It's a good time to be a Pac-438972093459 hater, pretty much everyone has bad coaches or will lose theirs sometime soon.

#bruinrevolution #werunla #nestorisorgasming

Jeff-DSA

USC made the biggest sacrifices to make the P12 happen, and apparently it wasn't just money they were sacrificing. Maybe "shitty coaches at USC" is in the contract somewhere too. Wouldn't put it past Larry Scott.

Larry definitely mandated that the conference maintain the worst officiating in the country.

cdyhybrid

They did it. They really did it.

The Mora train is a predictable cycle.

Two years of rah-rah enthusiasm
Third year, the team is a bit of a disappointment
Fourth year, the fact that Mora acts like everyone's bro leads to the team begin to fall apart.

But Washington is his dream job, so all's well.

If Mora has a good staff working under him I'm not too concerned. Surely your Falcons fandom isn't influencing this opinion though :p

pxleyes

Banned
Listening to PAAAAAAAAWL for the first time ever.

Enlightening.

Not the word I'd use, but I'm with you on the first time listener. Had one classic "ppaawwwlll", but it has been pretty tame. He just seems like a typical sports talk guy. Loves to hear himself talk, doesn't even attempt to converse with most of the callers.

You're right, that's not saying much.

Still, Mora doesn't have a single signature win. He doesn't even have a single upset win yet.

Actually, USC was favored by 3. But that's mostly because most LA people bet on USC even when they shouldn't, and Vegas takes advantage of it.

cdyhybrid

Okay, he has one then, LOL.

Still no excuse for not winning the Pac-12 South this year.

ASU looks pretty good though. I certainly thought they could have (should have?) won it, but it's not like they lost the division to a 7 win Arizona team or something.

Joe Schad ‏@schadjoe 1m
Lane Kiffin as offensive coordinator at Florida would provide not only excitement but could also positively impact recruiting

:jnc

I thought GSU was ineligible for the playoffs this year? Aren't they going to be in CUSA next year?

Georgia state is transitional, not sure about Georgia southern.
Edit: looking at Georgia Southern's schedule, I don't think they are transitioning to FBS. Florida was the only FBS school they played this year. Georgia state (GSU) played FBS schools this year. By the looks of their record, they transitioned too fast

cold = big 10 football

Head cold, not weather cold.

Braxton Miller and Carlos Hyde named Big 10 Running back and quarter back of the year.

It's a crime shazier didnt win LB of the year and Borland did. Joke.

Not even sure how look at the stats:

Borland: 102 total tackles, 64 solo, 8.5 tfl, 4 sacks, 1 FF

Shazier: 123 tackles, 85 solo, 22tfl, 7 sacks, 4 ff

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
hypothetically speaking, if FSU destroys Duke this weekend and get the nod, and then Winston is arrested after, is there anyway that the voters/computers can get Florida State out of the title game or are they fucked?

Paches

ASJ ‏@Aesj88 1h
We have a awesome opportunity in front of us. Don't be afraid of the future. It's so bright I can barely open my eyes with husky nation

ASJ staying now post-meeting???

Tamanon

Banned
hypothetically speaking, if FSU destroys Duke this weekend and get the nod, and then Winston is arrested after, is there anyway that the voters/computers can get Florida State out of the title game or are they fucked?

I think FSU still wins handily without Winston anyways. The defense is the real star.

cdyhybrid

Scout guy says source with connections to the program told him that he'd be everything he owns that Nussmeier will be the guy.

Interesting. Wouldn't be the big hit Mora would be, but if he put together a good staff I could probably roll with that.

Tamanon

Banned
I know everyone wants to talk about Shark (Dubs should hire Wilcox). But lets take a second to appreciate Appalachian State's hot (hot hot) new logo:

BagLOjOCMAA0f81.png

That's terrible. The Mountaineer logo is iconic around here. That looks like my 9 year old cousin drew it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom