• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 15| Where rankings are made up & SEC losses don't matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevtones

Oregon
Clemson
UCF (?)
Oklahoma (?)

Could all pass MSU among others. If they fall to 15 in the BCS are they eligible for the Rose?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
What if MSU falters bad and falls out of the Top 14? Aren't they out of the BCS picture?

that's what I've heard, which lead to those bizarre chances of Bama in the Rose Bowl.

Still believe it'll be Orange, but Rose against Stanford would be my preferred matchup. A chance to actually compete in the Rose Bowl, after being the reason they locked in the B1G/PAC for years. A chance to further increase a lead in Rose Bowl wins, outpacing some B1G and PAC teams (including Oregon) and tie UCLA for 6th all time.

Won't happen though.

Kevtones

that's what I've heard, which lead to those bizarre chances of Bama in the Rose Bowl.

Still believe it'll be Orange, but Rose against Stanford would be my preferred matchup. A chance to actually compete in the Rose Bowl, after being the reason they locked in the B1G/PAC for years. A chance to further increase a lead in Rose Bowl wins, outpacing some B1G and PAC teams (including Oregon) and tie UCLA for 6th all time.

Won't happen though.

Stanford/Alabama would be an awesome game tbh but that would send Oregon to the Orange and Clemson meh.

PS how you going to hate on Darron Thomas' legacy like that - he doubled our rose total

Balphon

So no they're no eligible and thus opening up more spots?

That basically guarantees Oregon a BCS berth.

Yeah; must be in the top 14 to qualify as an at-large. Only exception is if there aren't enough teams in the top 14 to fill out the at-large spots due to the 2-per-conference restriction.

But yeah, we have a shot. I just don't want to get my hopes up. I'VE BEEN HURT BEFORE, OK?

Auburn can still make it given how terrible OSU is playing right now. It's all about influencing voters. Auburn will definitely have computers on their side.
Computers are on auburns side right now and there is still a decent gap between them and osu. I don't think auburn can catch them.

I think fsu will beat either team easily but I'm sick of the sec and would rather an sec team not make it in

Computers are on auburns side right now and there is still a decent gap between them and osu. I don't think auburn can catch them.

I think fsu will beat either team easily but I'm sick of the sec and would rather an sec team not make it in

FSU will get run over by the Auburn train. Missouri had a great run D and still allowed over 400 yards.

Auburn needs one of the vote to go their way (they were close enough in one of the votes).

That's why I think they can still make it, especially if that MSU/OSU game stays very close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom