• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 3| Kiffen/Brown Farewell Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talon

Gondo, even Dohrman says the allegations aren't the surprising part. The surprising part is the sheer depth and breadth of the allegations from top down and the collateral damage.

LegoDad

(THU) TCU @ Texas Tech by 4
Louisville @ Kentucky by 14
UCLA @ Nebraska by 4
Fresno State @ Colorado by 9
Boston College @ USC by 11
Alabama @ Texas A&M by 9
Georgia Tech @ Duke by 9
Ohio State @ California by 11
Mississippi State @ Auburn by 4
Ole Miss @ Texas by 4
Oregon State @ Utah by 4
Wisconsin @ Arizona State by 4

Jhriad

Okie Lite is at expendable level 5. Not who they want to nuke from orbit, but someone they would nuke from orbit if they needed to.

Unfortunately for OSU this is probably somewhat true. OSU isn't a big program with a massive following so it's prime for a beatdown and the NCAA has got to be looking to prove they aren't a toothless mutt at this point.

Best case, Manziel injured, bama loses.

*nods*

KingGondo

Banned
Gondo, even Dohrman says the allegations aren't the surprising part. The surprising part is the sheer depth and breadth of the allegations from top down and the collateral damage.
Sure wish Dohrmann would make SI print the article in its entirety rather than fishing for pageviews. It's pretty damn hard to respond to their allegations of broad corruption when you have to wait 5 days to read the damn article.

I have yet to see a single one of the players quoted in the article today confirm what was printed or reiterate it. The response from players of that era has been overwhelming and contrary to what was printed in the article.

Aso Pogi (our former QB) is on the radio right now going nuts saying that he was ambushed by Evans at his church (he's a youth minister now) and misquoted.

Quarterback Aso Pogi (1999 to 2002) says he and another player lived at Talley's ranch one summer rent-free. In retrospect Pogi says, "It's a big deal. I was the starting quarterback." (Talley says that Pogi lived at his ranch and had to work to cover his rent; Pogi denies that he did any work.)
I'd like to see the transcripts from the interview to see exactly what he was asked or discussing at the time.

Talon

Sure wish Dohrmann would make SI print the article in its entirety rather than fishing for pageviews. It's pretty damn hard to respond to their allegations of broad corruption when you have to wait 5 days to read the damn article.

I have yet to see a single one of the players quoted in the article today confirm what was printed or reiterate it. The response from players of that era has been overwhelming and contrary to what was printed in the article.

Aso Pogi (our former QB) is on the radio right now going nuts saying that he was ambushed by Evans at his church (he's a youth minister now) and misquoted.
I mean, why would they apologize for trying to make money?

I'd like to see the transcripts from the interview to see exactly what he was asked or discussing at the time.

Can almost guarantee SI has released the article to the peeps a Okie st who need to see so they can try and get a comment. Usually how these things work. SI did with our article, and tOSU made them take some things out to avoid a lawsuit.

KingGondo

Banned
I mean, why would they apologize for trying to make money?
Who apologized?

bucknuticus said:
Can almost guarantee SI has released the article to the peeps a Okie st who need to see so they can try and get a comment. Usually how these things work. SI did with our article, and tOSU made them take some things out to avoid a lawsuit.
I guess we'll see.

Ladies and Gentlemen, Jakeem Grant:

iba2ME3N5VCWGT.gif

andycapps

Good job on not going to Tigerdroppings. Or any other website that features fans that aren't just Georgia fans.

Thanks also for linking a page that lead me to find this statement:
That was in the comments, correct? Yeah it was. That's just like his opinion man.

Every time I go to Tigerdroppings I want to abandon college football. And humanity.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion

Hines Ward and Julio Jones would be proud of that WR block.

That was in the comments, correct?

Every time I go to Tigerdroppings I want to abandon college football. And humanity.

The Comment was from your Meteor Game Poll place.

The Mention of Tigerdroppings, is from your statement saying:
we haven't had to play them yet so I haven't had to see how insane their fanbase is yet.
If you went anywhere in the last year, you'd know. You'd Know.

andycapps

Hines Ward and Julio Jones would be proud of that WR block.

The Comment was from your Meteor Game Poll place.

The Mention of Tigerdroppings, is from your statement saying:

If you went anywhere in the last year, you'd know. You'd Know.
Oh I know how insane they are. The problem of who to root for lies in the fact that Bama has had too much success the past several years and I'd love to have some schadenfreude. That's about all. I hate JFF and Aggies are weird. Saying they were innocent might have been an exaggeration. They're insane.

Having Bama bring them back to reality would be nice, but then I'd have to root for Bama. Meteor game? Meteor game.

squicken

@DezBryant Wish somebody would have offered me 25k at #okstate ... If I didn't get paid I'm damn sure nobody else got paid

This is actually pretty compelling evidence. Think I'm gonna side with Gondo on this

KingGondo

Banned
This is actually pretty compelling evidence. Think I'm gonna side with Gondo on this
I <3 Dez.

The only thing I'm worried about now is tomorrow's part of the article. If academic fraud can be proven, that's horrible and damaging not just to our athletics, but to the university as a whole. I doubt it'll go that far though--most likely there'll be more he said, she said accusations and denials.

P.S. I still haven't heard Dohrmann explain how someone with a history like Thayer Evans was allowed to be part of this project. Guy has zero credibility when it comes to OSU. I think they let him stay on because the original sources were his, plus he lives in the region and was able to get interviews more easily. However, even if everything is true (and it almost certainly isn't) the credibility of SI takes a hit by even allowing someone that biased to put their name on the article.

Lonestar

Oh I know how insane they are. The problem of who to root for lies in the fact that Bama has had too much success the past several years and I'd love to have some schadenfreude. That's about all. I hate JFF and Aggies are weird. Saying they were innocent might have been an exaggeration. They're insane.

Having Bama bring them back to reality would be nice, but then I'd have to root for Bama. Meteor game? Meteor game.

Only chance you (or any other reasonable human being) will have at actual schadenfreude at Alabama's expense, is if the team dies in an ironic fashion (stampede of elephants), a winless season, or the return of the NCAA.

"ahh, we didn't win a championship this year, whatever will happen to our other 3 Crystal Balls now???"

Still more than a few of us who remember what it's like to be where Tennessee's at now.

andycapps

Only chance you (or any other reasonable human being) will have at actual schadenfreude at Alabama's expense, is if the team dies in an ironic fashion (stampede of elephants), a winless season, or the return of the NCAA.

"ahh, we didn't win a championship this year, whatever will happen to our other 3 Crystal Balls now???"

Still more than a few of us who remember what it's like to be where Tennessee's at now.
Getting beaten by the Aggies would be a start. I'm just saying what would give me pleasure. It's not necessarily something that comes from rational thinking.

xeris

Louisville @ Kentucky by 21
UCLA @ Nebraska by 4
Fresno State @ Colorado by 10
Boston College @ USC by 7
Alabama @ Texas A&M by 7
Georgia Tech @ Duke by 10
Ohio State @ California by 11
Ole Miss @ Texas by 4
Oregon State @ Utah by 7
Wisconsin @ Arizona State by 10

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
You know your program is way, way, way down when you work in a place with 30+ Gator fans (compared to 4 UM fans and 2-3 FSU fans) and this week hasn't even been particularly fun. The recent failures of the program coupled with how sloppy the game was really leave me in no mood to talk any shit. Bah.

I'd murder someone to have a "shitty" sloppy win over a ranked team.

This Joe DeForest guy was at Duke from 1995-2000? I'm guessing if he was paying for performance, he didn't spend a lot of money in Durham

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
TCU @ Texas Tech by 6
Louisville @ Kentucky by 30
UCLA @ Nebraska by 8
Fresno State @ Colorado by 11
Boston College @ USC by 4
Alabama @ Texas A&M by 4
Georgia Tech @ Duke by 10
Ohio State @ California by 21
Mississippi State @ Auburn by 7
Ole Miss @ Texas by 4
Oregon State @ Utah by 9
Wisconsin @ Arizona State by 6

Went back and forth on a few of these. I think the Bama-Aggy game comes down to which is worse, Bama's blocking on offense or Aggy's defense up front. Thinking Bama is worse after Week 1, but I don't think they're going to let A&M load up the box like VT did and open up the playbook a bit more.

Ole Miss and Texas is like a question of who is going to suck more, and that's probably Texas.

Wiscy and ASU seems like a totally blind toss up game, neither have played anybody.

bachikarn

Louisville @ Kentucky by 28
UCLA @ Nebraska by 4
Fresno State @ Colorado by 4
Alabama @ Texas A&M by 4
Georgia Tech @ Duke by 7
Ohio State @ California by 7
Ole Miss @ Texas by 4
Oregon State @ Utah by 4
Wisconsin @ Arizona State by 4

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member

He had to get in a comment about not getting paid when the financial part came out because he sure as hell can't make any believable comments about not getting help when the academic part comes out.

KingGondo

Banned
He had to get in a comment about not getting paid when the financial part came out because he sure as hell can't make any believable comments about not getting help when the academic part comes out.
Let's be real though, these academic centers are designed to help students get by, even the ones that are there primarily for football. And while Dez had academic issues coming into school that was never an issue as far as I know. His career was cut short by that bullshit NCAA suspension.

FWIW, I've never heard anything but good things about our academic center for athletes and its director.

I predict part 2 will be similar to part 1: he said she said accusations dating from 2007 and before, but very little that's actually provable.

Gondo, I'll grant you a week to remain in denial. That's about how long it took me to fully embrace the fact that Jim Tressel was a total fucking hypocrite.

KingGondo

Banned
Gondo, I'll grant you a week to remain in denial. That's about how long it took me to fully embrace the fact that Jim Tressel was a total fucking hypocrite.
Thanks for being understanding.

:)

I'm glad it worked out for you guys, and now you have such an upstanding coach in Urban as opposed to that scumbag Tressel.

Draconian

For other members of Bama-GAF, Otey's in Mountain Brook has a JFB piñata they're planning on letting fans whack tomorrow night.

ncf_e_manziel_pinata01jr_600.jpg

Lonestar

Does Ole Miss really look awful this year? I thought Vanderbilt would be a decent team this year. Is there something I missed?

You guys are thinking Ole Miss is exactly the same team ya'll played last year. They got better, and then bought some AAA class talent in the offseason.

Lonestar

I'm not, but I'm seeing a ton of people predicting the MoV to be within one score.

You implying that people should be saying Ole Miss wins in a blowout? It's still Ole Miss.

Happened to accidently catch a blip of Olberman on ESPN2. Ugh. But did see where Lane Kiffen has his one person press conference. Really? REALLY? Really.

Kiffin has completely lost control of the team, lol

Saturday night, immediately after the game, Marqise Lee: "We're gonna have a players-only meeting tomorrow"

Monday, Lane Kiffin: "There was no players-only meeting."

Today:
1WX9jW8.png

oAlKjEA.png

Then, after naming Kessler the starting QB, Kiffin said he "spent some time" with Wittek about it.
hazF5M1.png

GAF Pick'em Week 3 Games
(all games Saturday unless otherwise marked)

Louisville @ Kentucky by 17
UCLA @ Nebraska by 7
Fresno State @ Colorado by 4
Alabama @ Texas A&M by 10
Georgia Tech @ Duke by 4
Ohio State @ California by 10
Ole Miss @ Texas by 10
Oregon State @ Utah by 4
Wisconsin @ Arizona State by 7

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!

Saturday night, immediately after the game, Marqise Lee: "We're gonna have a players-only meeting tomorrow"

Today:
1WX9jW8.png

oAlKjEA.png

Then, after naming Kessler the starting QB, Kiffin said he "spent some time" with Wittek about it.
hazF5M1.png
This is glorious. I don't even know why I want Kiffin to fail. I should buy the man a drink for the heartburn he caused Tennessee, but his overall douche level demands that I root against him. Kind of like John Manziel. *glares at Andy*

Today:
1WX9jW8.png

oAlKjEA.png

hazF5M1.png

Made my day. I'm especially happy that his level of douchiness has not been validated, yet again.

Today:
1WX9jW8.png

oAlKjEA.png

hazF5M1.png

I like to picture the rest of the USC season playing out like the second half of the final game in Varsity Blues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom